Starghan Crochet-Along * Finally edited * Correct Version in Blog *

yarndiva

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I found 5 more after I posted the pictures and have about 5 more that I just up and abandoned!! ;)

Know what ya mean....

Ok, as promised, here is my star so far...

th_ChasesStarWIP.jpg

I, too, modified a bit. I am using an H hook partially because I'm using simply soft. I also started doing just 1 dc on each side of the ch-2 on every third row. For some reason my previous stars wanted to be a little wonky. Maybe my tension is too tight?:think Anywho, this is helping my star to lay flatter.:yes Yea! I'm so excited to be in this CAL! This is an awesome 'ghan, Diva! :tup

I just had an idea that I thought you all might like to hear...

If you made one corner of a large star into a hood (after you go the star the way you wanted it) then it could be a star-shaped hooded baby towel. I'm going to have to try that! I have some cotton yarn that I hadn't figured out how to use yet.... it would be perfect! :yes

Great Job, Kris!

Yes, some people have a problem with the "2 dc shell tips" and I'm glad you solved the problem by making it into "1 dc shell tips" instead.

Love your clover hook, I bought mine last week with my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, but my hands hurt when I use that kind of hook so I will have to return it for a refund (and maybe more yarn later? :D)

Thanks for showing your progress!!

I just had an idea that I thought you all might like to hear...

If you made one corner of a large star into a hood (after you go the star the way you wanted it) then it could be a star-shaped hooded baby towel. I'm going to have to try that! I have some cotton yarn that I hadn't figured out how to use yet.... it would be perfect! :yes

OOh, that's a great idea too!

Too bad my kids are too big that, maybe I can make it into a robe of something...hooded/not hooded.

Wow, this is soo exciting!!

That's rotten about the clover hook, Beth. But on the bright side, there is the yarn to be had!!! That's never a bummer!:D It really did take me awhile to get used to, but I love them now. Only thing is the G hooks is a different mm than any other G hook....very annoying! Thank you for the compliment.:hug

Sometimes, going up or down a hook size helps if the yarn is variegated.

Also, if you alternate the camo with solid stripes, it should look better since the contrasts will look pleasing to the eyes.

I put the camo down and I picked up my blues. i started it with varigated blues, 2 srands and an N hook. It's coming out AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Also I really, really, really wanted to make an 8 pointer so I re worked the first few rounds R1-16 dc, R2-32dc(2dc in each st), R3-same as Round 2 of 5 point star except with 3 extra points. I finally picked up batteries so now I have to find my camera LOL. I'd lose my head if it wans't attached. My living room looks like a yarnquake. So many colors, so many patterns - it's hard to pick just 1!

Great way of adjusting the pattern to make it an 8 star!

Do you mind if I go ahead and revise the pattern for instructions to make 5-8 (or more) pointed stars? I have been toying with the idea, since it's just simple math, but you beat me into putting it in writing and I have created this pattern 4 1/2 years ago :lol

I decided to use an H hook on mine. I'm using Bernat's camoflage for the yarn. Blue Frost and White colors. I'm really liking how it's turning out. Here's a pic for everyone!

n54100062_30329692_9876.jpg

Beth,

Why would I mind - it's your pattern. I just played around with it a little bit. I think it's 4 st's for each extra point - if that helps any. I LOVE the way you start the ripple in this pattern btw. RR

I just printed out the pattern and I am going to start it tonight, but I am not sure I will be able to finish on a reasonable time. :D So, I don't know if I want to join the CAL, but I will do one. :lol How is that for being wishy-washy?

I just finished one for my oldest daughter for Christmas

I will think about another later in the year

Here's a picture

PS she wanted it large enough for a twin bed

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/kalbrecht7/07ChristmasAmi.jpg

I think I met the goal :manyheart

:cheer Love all the ones that have been started :cheer

I will be here to cheer you on:cheer

I just finished one for my oldest daughter for Christmas

I will think about another later in the year

Here's a picture

PS she wanted it large enough for a twin bed

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/kalbrecht7/07ChristmasAmi.jpg

I think I met the goal :manyheart

:cheer Love all the ones that have been started :cheer

I will be here to cheer you on:cheer

I -love- your colors. Very bold and striking! Her bed must look awesome.

I am having trouble getting started on the starghan. I got only to row four and can't figure out what I am doing wrong :think . I will start over tonight and see if I can figure this out (maybe my brain was asleep last night). Beth, if I have trouble again, may I PM you with questions?

KellyA, your starghan is beautiful. Stunning colors. :)

Ooh. There's something to add to the 52 projects this year department...dang. Cash is tight right now, so no extra yarn for me...wonder what I have in the scrap box. Hm. Not much. 2 and a half skeins of Caron SS in white (which I do not like, no sir) and tons of tan Red Heart...how did I wind up with 4 skeins of THAT? Bleargh. :) Oh well. Maybe next week, after payday :)

Archived