January Charity Square-A-Long

LavenderBear

Hello! I am just about ready to start another Charity Square-A-Long! :yay It will run from Friday when you wake up until Sunday night when you go to bed (January 12, 13 & 14) - - it covers ALL time zones this way! There are two differences with this, and future charity square-a-longs I'll be organizing, but I hope everyone who has participated will still join in (and more)! I am not going to be sending prizes, and the squares can be ANY size you'd like! I will add up all of the totals Monday morning and send them to the group! And I will also be :cheer you along during the three days we have it!! :yes

How many of you will be joining me?! And what will you make with your completed squares?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't have a whole lot of time to put toward this (work!), but I'm in again too! What will I make with them this time? I'm not sure yet... I'll let you know :)

Count me in again. I'll be sending my square to Suzanne, aka Lavender Bear and Coolhockeymom. I already have some to send, so I will hold off sending them until after the weekend.

I'm in :cheer

I need to make some 12" squares for Project Rest Assured

Thanks for the heads up :manyheart

Hey and the family is going out to a soccer game this weekend

Yipee even more time :devil

I 'm in! :yes I have been waiting for this post. I would like to donote my squares to anyone that wants time, Just send a pm w/your addr and what size you would and if you have a color preference. :yay

I will be joining this and the prize for me is squares ..lots of squares for my resolution...yah me:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I am taking squares and donating blanket to the abuse shelter.

I received very nice squares and as soon as I can replace my camera i will post the fish project from the ones I recieved

I think I can be in on this one. I don't know if any of you read my that I am going to do an afghan to donate to the ALS association. I have already received some squares for gals from another board. I need to make my squares as well. This would be good for me to do this weekend, along with my snowflakes for the snowflake cal

well I have a goal to crochet 100 squares for charity this year, and so far have made 10. So I think this would be something great for me to participate in to meet that goal. I think I'm going to keep my squares separate and then send them to people as I see them requested in the Charity folder. Am i allowed to do that??

Hello! And here I thought there was only me and Crystal participating this weekend, but it was just the fact that I am not getting C'Ville reminders (again)!!! This is GREAT news that some have signed up already and I'm getting myself all fired up!!! :yay

I am going to our annual (Metro Detroit Crafters) Pajama Party on Saturday, and I will be working on my squares while there (and also at home)! Now to choose which yarn I will use and what sizes to make?!?! :hook

You can donate your squares to anyone you'd like, C'Ville members or elsewhere! It's totally up to YOU!! You can make as few or as many as you would like and in any size you'd like!! :yes

If I remember before I donate them on Saturday, I will take pictures of the lapghans I made with November's squares! I was able to make three of them, and this batch will go to the AmVets via one of the women in our group that meets once a month (and sometimes more often if we go on field trips).

Anyway, I'll be getting my yarn together and will put them in my special basket just for this occasion! I think I will make BRIGHT colored squares this time around?! Hmmmmmmmm?!

if anyone is still looking for someone to donate squares to, I am accepting pastel and/or bold colored squares to make baby and children's blankets for my local Project Linus chapter... just pm me for my address if you are interested!

i wish I could do squares for your Project Linus chapter. I contacted them a while back and since I live with a smoker I am not able to donate squares for them. If you have anything else at some point in time let me know and I will help you.

quote=ankey;593365]if anyone is still looking for someone to donate squares to, I am accepting pastel and/or bold colored squares to make baby and children's blankets for my local Project Linus chapter... just pm me for my address if you are interested!

Is everyone ready for tomorrow??? I'm going to try to get all my cleaning done so I can sit and work on squares tomorrow!:cheer

CLEANING??? Do we HAVE to have that done to participate???

LOL no, but I find I enjoy crocheting much more if my house is tidy. And I'm having friends over Saturday so I NEED to clean my bathroom! :yuck

You can count me in. :yarn I'm not sure which pattern or size I will be doing yet...but...still have a little time to figure that out. I have to work all day tomorrow so I can't start until tomorrow night but then I will have the weekend to work on them too.

Archived