January Charity Square-A-Long

LavenderBear

i wish I could do squares for your Project Linus chapter. I contacted them a while back and since I live with a smoker I am not able to donate squares for them. If you have anything else at some point in time let me know and I will help you.

it's all good... I'll let you know if there is anything in the future that I would like help with - thanks for wanting to help!

I'm excited about starting this square-a-long tomorrow! I probably won't get very many done because I'm going to be returning to my college apt. after staying at my parents' house for the holidays (and still have to pack :eek )... BUT the weather forecast is calling for some ice and sleet on saturday and sunday so maybe I'll be able to just stay at home and crochet! :hook

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's all good... I'll let you know if there is anything in the future that I would like help with - thanks for wanting to help!

I'm excited about starting this square-a-long tomorrow! I probably won't get very many done because I'm going to be returning to my college apt. after staying at my parents' house for the holidays (and still have to pack :eek )... BUT the weather forecast is calling for some ice and sleet on saturday and sunday so maybe I'll be able to just stay at home and crochet! :hook

Cool. Let me know when you need for something else.

It is ok then if I make mine for the ALS afghan I am making then???

We are supposed to get sleet and ice and then snow through Sunday. I may be home all weekend also.

OH.. Did I see someone say that we had to clean our house before we work on this!!!!!!LOL:eek

Count me in too. I have homework and housework to do, so I might not get a ton done, but I like croching in the evenings after everything is done. I'll be donating some to lhasaapsolady's comfortghan, and some to dilyca2006's ALS ghan. So it looks like the bulk of mine will be going right to Crochetville members...lol. :)

HI! Count me in, too. I'll be making 16" x 16" squares to use as preemie afghans at the local preemie unit. I'm behind, so this will be a good reason to get a few done. :hook Thanks for the idea. I'm fairly new, so this is the first time I've seen this. Great idea.:yay:cheer:clap

Hello everyone! Do you believe we are starting this charity square-a-long SO SOON now?! :clap And, yes, you can make and donate (or keep) your squares to anyone of your choice! And I am giving you permission NOT to do your housework, but don't tell anyone who might fuss about that rule of mine if you think they might take away my crochet hooks! :hook

I am HAPPY to see some newbies here - not just here at C'Ville, but joining us with this challenge! I can feel everyone's excitement here in my Michigan home tonight!! :bounce We can do it!! :cheer

It's going to be a BUSY weekend for me between homework :book and visiting with friends on Saturday :h5. But I WILL have a container full of squares come Sunday night before I head for my pillow! :dance

Are you ready?! Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :ghug Let's make those squares for those in need!!!!!! :bheart I don't know about you guys, but I receive such a WONDERFUL blessing making them, even before they are pieced together!! :yes

Ok, I better get some sleep so I will be up bright and early to get started! Be sure and post and tell us how you are coming along! Post as often as you'd like and feel free to upload some pics for us to see, too!

See you again SOON! :cheer:manyheart

I just put my :hook down. I could start counting my squares in 10 minutes but I must :sleep so I can :compute tomorrow at work. Boy this work thing really interferes with my :hook time.

:cheer Good Luck to all, let's make those squares!!:cheer

:eek I have to feed the family?? I'm actually just going to get started. After coming home :sick I am finally feeling better and plan to make the easiest squares I can find tonight.

Hello! I didn't get more than the 5 squares done yesterday, but I will be at our annual PJ Party here in Michigan with our craft group, so I am planning to crank out some more in between showing someone how to loom knit and cast on for knitting! I'll be posting my totals after that time! :yes

Keep up the GREAT work! I can't wait to see how many we've made by the end of this square-a-long! Remember, even ONE square made is a HUGE SUCCESS toward helping a person in need! :cheer

Have a GREAT day, and keep on posting!! :hug

I finished 16 of the 120 4" squares that I need for a twin sized afghan yesterday. I have to work today and go shopping after work, but I am hoping that we have a slow day here at the library and I can get some more done before I go home. Home is where the real work is!:P

Have a great day everyone! I hope that those of you being hit by the ice storm are safely tucked away at home crocheting!

Patti

Archived