January Charity Square-A-Long

LavenderBear

I only got one 12-inch done last night. I have decided I don't like 12-inch squares. I feel so nonproductive. Oh well, every square helps.

Great job everyone.

I'm just starting to wake up so I'll be starting again soon. Just one more cup of coffee first.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Ciara (my daughter's kitty) is helping me type this and she is HAPPY that her Grandma is home tonight (she is holding her left paw on my left hand while I type - and she'll push the keyboard in when she's ready for me to pay 100% attention to her)! LOL! :haha

Anyway, I got 5, 12" squares done yesterday and so far 14, 4.5" squares today! I agree that the 12" squares don't make you feel so productive, but the smaller ones sure do! ;)

I will be making more squares tonight as we sit and watch t.v. or movies, and I will either post my totals for them tonight or first thing in the morning!! Either way, I am HAPPY with my squares so far and can't wait to see another pile sitting on my end table! :cheer

WAY TO GO to all of you!!! Keep up the GREAT work, and keep on posting!! :yay If you're in a cold region, ENJOY being tucked under your lapghans/afghans and having your crocheting so easily available!! We are SO BLESSED!! :ghug

Ok, just popping on to say that I made 10 more 4.5" squares while watching the movie, "Oliver Twist." I'm not sure how many I'll get done tomorrow, but I've got 29 done so far!

Remember, this is not a contest . . . just a group of friends making one or more squares for those in need! Work at your own pace, with your own choice of colors and sizes, and for whomever you'd like to give them to when you're done!

Let's continue to have FUN in making our squares!! :yay:yarn:cheer

Remember, this is not a contest . . . just a group of friends making one or more squares for those in need! Work at your own pace, with your own choice of colors and sizes, and for whomever you'd like to give them to when you're done!

Let's continue to have FUN in making our squares!! :yay:yarn:cheer

Oh.. I know!!:blush I was just hopeing that I would have more then 5 done by this time tonight.:)

Ok I got 2 8" squares done today. I thought the icy weather would make me want to crochet more and give me more time to crochet except the opposite is happening...

Good job so far everyone! Keep up the good work - just one more day!

I didn't get any squares done today. I have been at the emergency vet all night with one of my dogs, whose back legs decided to suddenly stop working right. I did get out today to buy a little yarn, and made 1/2 a square at the vet's office. Well it's 4:15 am here and I'm knackered. Off to bed.

Nikki what was wrong with your dog??

Long story short, we came home to walk the little guy (some sort of pekeneese mix) and his back legs just started flopping over and not working right. The ER vet said it is a problem in the T3-L2 vertibrea and something is either putting pressure on his spinal cord or has bruised it. Luckily it is not considered serious pressure since he can feel pain and had motor function. He just doesn't know his back legs are there so he keep stumbling over them. The vet gave me strict confinment orders and meds hoping it will clear on it's own (nothing on the X-ray). If not we have to find a neurologist with an MRI machine to see exactly what is going on and possible schedule surgery. Wow that was longer then I thought it would be. The upside is that Brutus is not in a lot of pain and is in very good spirits. The bad thing is I will be back there on Monday with my 15yo cat that I adopted this past Halloween for a sonogram to make sure she is fit for surgery for her very overactive thyroid.

Sorry to go sooo off topic folks. Back to the crocheting stuff....

Hello, everyone! I got 8 more squares done today and will probably do a few more tonight! I really didn't set a goal for this round, but I have made 37 so far, more than I would have made if I didn't have this challenge to do with you guys! :hug

I'll come back and post my final total before I hit the sheets! Give yourself a {{{{{HUGE HUG}}}}} for participating - - no matter how many or few squares you've made!! We are a GREAT team!! :cheer

Be back later!

Ok, well my goal was to complete 2- 12in squares to be used as bereavement blankets for the February blitz items I am working on, and to also complete 20- 6" squares. I was out of the house almost all of Friday, and out of sorts all of Saturday, that woman's curse gets me every time, so I was only able to crochet steadily today. But I was able to complete 1- 12" square, and 11- 6" sqquares. Which I think isn't bad for 1 day of square making. Makes me reconsider what I should make my goals be for when I would really have the 3 days to do it in!

Long story short, we came home to walk the little guy (some sort of pekeneese mix) and his back legs just started flopping over and not working right. The ER vet said it is a problem in the T3-L2 vertibrea and something is either putting pressure on his spinal cord or has bruised it. Luckily it is not considered serious pressure since he can feel pain and had motor function. He just doesn't know his back legs are there so he keep stumbling over them. The vet gave me strict confinment orders and meds hoping it will clear on it's own (nothing on the X-ray). If not we have to find a neurologist with an MRI machine to see exactly what is going on and possible schedule surgery. Wow that was longer then I thought it would be. The upside is that Brutus is not in a lot of pain and is in very good spirits. The bad thing is I will be back there on Monday with my 15yo cat that I adopted this past Halloween for a sonogram to make sure she is fit for surgery for her very overactive thyroid.

Sorry to go sooo off topic folks. Back to the crocheting stuff....

Nik.. Sorry to make you come off topic. Thank you for letting me know about your dog. They mean lots to us those that have them.

I have gottn 7-8 inch squares done so far this weekend. I may get another or 2 done this evening while watching TV.

Ok, I am DONE for this round!! I made another 16 squares tonight, which gives me a total of 53 squares in all!! I am VERY happy with this amount and am quickly filling up my charity square bag! :yay

I can't wait to hear how everyone did for this square-a-long! Please post your totals and let us know! :yes

Sweet dreams to those of you heading for your beds, and good morning to those of you just getting started with your day! Have a GOOD one, and I'll "see" you soon! :hug

I'm done too. I have 3 - 12" squares and 31 - 6" square. Tomorrow night I will work on tucking all the ends in. Then they will be shipped out to someone else to put together.

I wasn't able to crochet for the whole 3 days which was a bummer (curse working! :lol ), but I was able to finish with 135 6" squares by the time I went to bed last night. That's of course, without tucking my ends :blush

Congrats to everyone for a job well done!!! :clap

Archived