January Charity Square-A-Long

LavenderBear

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't able to crochet for the whole 3 days which was a bummer (curse working! :lol ), but I was able to finish with 135 6" squares by the time I went to bed last night. That's of course, without tucking my ends :blush

Congrats to everyone for a job well done!!! :clap

way to go your hook must be smoking

Weekend total

30 - 6" squares

3 - 7" squares

2 - 8" squares

8 - 12" squares

1 - 15" square

I wanted to do more, but things didn't work out that way

I was also assembling a ghan that I put aside to work on the squares

Now to divide them up for the Charities

Thanks Lavendar for suggesting this and I look forward to the next one :manyheart

Just a note from my 6 squares...

3 brown 8" squares are for lhasaapsolady's comfortghan,

and 3 soft navy 8" squares are for dilyca2006's ALS ghan

You'll each be receiving them soon, hopefully I'll get them in the post tomorrow.

-Nikki

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, more have posted their totals! :cheer Not everyone has given theirs yet, which is why I haven't added them up just yet!

If YOU haven't posted your total yet, please do so TODAY so I can post the GRAND TOTAL for this round SOON! :yes

Sorry I took so long Suzanne, I'm all out of whack for some reason, and get get my act together.

Here are my totals

3 6 inch

5 8 inch

2 10inch

1 12 inch

11 total

Hello, everyone!! Although not all of the participants have given us their totals, we made 429 SQUARES IN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG, team!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

I hope I don't leave anyone off this list, but here is what I gathered from the nine pages of this charity square-a-long (87 posts - and in no particular order) . . .

crocrazy - 15

Nikkidear - 6

darski - 10

LavenderBear - 53

jadyn05 - 12

MLLORF - 34

dilyca06 - 7

pineknott - 40

tezen - 10

Nght - 135

ankey - 12

danijoy - 3

coolhockeymom - 15

KellyA - 44

lisa_hudson - 6

breger3 - 11

crochetincroation - 16

angelfire - ?

Cookie_Hooker - ?

Wildflwr - ?

busy-bee-lmt - ?

I am SO PROUD of this month's group who came together to make charity squares! Even though many of us are indoors due to the weather, it can sometimes be hard to get and stay motivated to even make one square!! And here we made OVER 400 TOGETHER - - and with NO prizes to be earned!!! Isn't that AWESOME?! :yay:yes:yay

Okay, a few of you have asked already when/if we will be doing these again! YES!!! :yes In fact, our next one will be February 9th - 12th! :ghug This will give us FOUR days to work on them, with two of them being weekdays and two of them being weekend days! So mark your calendars, get your stash/yarn ready, and polish up those hooks!! We'll be going for ROUND SIX in February! :hook:hug

See you again SOON! :manyheart

I got distracted by nice weather and got very little done on the weekend, but did finish up a 16" square Preemie afghan today that was scheduled for the weekend. Great job everyone!:yay

Thot I'd share a pic of my efforts... but it's been so busy this week this is the 1st chance I've had :blink

I still haven't decided if they'll be color matched or a bunch of funkified pairings.. I think I'm leaning toward funkified, after I make s'more of course! :lol

Jan 07 SquareZ

Jan 07 SquareZ 1

Jan 07 SquareZ 2

Diane, we don't do the square-a-long every weekend...

Okay, a few of you have asked already when/if we will be doing these again! YES!!! :yes In fact, our next one will be February 9th - 12th! :ghug This will give us FOUR days to work on them, with two of them being weekdays and two of them being weekend days! So mark your calendars, get your stash/yarn ready, and polish up those hooks!! We'll be going for ROUND SIX in February! :hook:hug

See you again SOON! :manyheart

Well. I am a bit red faced:think . When I posted about everyone being done, I also had a Snowflake Afghan CAL open and was posting to that!:eek I brought this post up and thought that my reply to the other one did not go through so I posted it again, except on the wrong thread:blush Sorry. I had seen that the next one would be in February!!!!LOL

Archived