doily I made with sewing thread

dennymare

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very pretty. I started one from the same book, and so wish I'd picked the rainbow one you did. I picked Popcorn Pineapple, and it had driven be up many walls. I work a while then put it up. I fine holding the three threads and working is very hard. And, I don't like the colors I picked. So, it is being very hard to finish. I'm on row 45 of 54 rows. If, I mean WHEN, I get it done I will post it here. In the meantime, I'm inspired by yours, It is really very very pretty. Congratulations!!!

You made it from sewing thread??! What size hook did you use, I only have down to size 13:eek ; you must have sat directly in front of a bright window-go rest your eyes! Wow, & in really pretty rainbow colors!:hook

Hi Vonnie and Rubyglare,

The rainbow painted doily was made with three strands of sewing threads throughout the design and a size 10 steel crochet hook. Three strands of sewing thread is (approx.) equivalent to size 30 thread.

Ferosa

I couldn't imagine using sewing thread/size 30 crochet thread for that matter, I'm just now getting to size 20 - BEAUTIFUL DOILY!!!

Hi Pamela,

I found that there isn't much difference when working with size 20 or 30 thread. They both feel the same when I'm working with either size, unlike the big difference you get when switching from size 10 to size 20 thread.

Hugs

Ferosa

• 11 months later...

Archived