doily I made with sewing thread

dennymare

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the compliments. Means a lot I am my worst critic. Wish I had thought of entering it in a show before I let my daughter take it home with her. Darn it anyways. Oh well, the biggest challange was the changing of the threads so you get the taper of colors. I will have to do another one if I can find my book again. Thanks again folks for your input.

Mary:)h as my daughter would say I feel loved.

That is just gorgeous! I love the colors and I'd had to have taken it from my your house to if I was your daughter.:)h

Thank you all that replied to my doily. like i said i am my worst critic and it is refreshing to hear others opinions. :day Thanks again

Mary:ty goes to my daughter who made my signature and put it into my preferences, she is such a smart 12 year old.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful. Wasn't it fun.

I have the same book and made the same doily. I have been trying to get back to making some more. No time.

It always helps when someone likes it enough to want to take it home.

Have you seen the book for crocheting with rick rack? I hope to try that soon. The doilies there look beautiful also.

:woohoo

• 1 year later...

Oh that is one of the loveliest things I have ever seen:bheart ! This painted doily technique is a bit difficult I think....what size hook did you use?:hook I want to try it someday......perhaps I will start with something small like a bookmark:rofl ! Still, Three cheers for you!:cheer :cheer :cheer , thanks for sharing this with us:hug

Archived