Shawl for my great aunt

lhasaapsolady

Yesterday I went to visit my Great Aunt Vance, she is 88 and is the one who taught me how to crochet and to knit. She is going for surgery next week and asked if I could make her a warm solid triangle scarf. She wants it to take with her to the home for her rehab. After searching my many books and the web for one, with no luck, I came up with this. It is a medium purple which is the color she asked for. I hope she likes it.

click to enlarge

th_DSCN1211.jpg

Wanda Kay: Your great aunt will be the hit of the rehab in your beautiful shawl. She must have a lot of spunk for she wants to look bright and cheerful in that yummy color. Give auntie a great big Crochetville hug from all of us and wish her a speedy recovery.

Well, Wanda Kay, it sure is a beauty. I'll bet your great-aunt will be equally warmed inside and out by wearing your shawl! There is nothing like a special something from a loved one when you're away from home or not feeling up to par..I hope all goes well as she recovers. It's wonderful that you could do such a sweet thing for her. Again, it's lovely, as well!

:manyheart

Archived