Poncho Sweater

emeraldmoon

Well after my 6 yr old saw the photo of the poncho sweater she asked for one. She actually wanted it in the same color, but I only had a light yellow.. Which I think looks better. After looking at the photo, doing some frogging this is what I came up with..

100_3311.jpg

100_3314.jpg

100_3313.jpg

Thanks, hubby thought so too.. I was up till 1 working on it. Kicked him off the computer twice to look at the photo to see if it was close to it or not..

I still have to write up the pattern. This one will fit a 6 yr old.

My 7 yr old wants one now. So I have to make one bigger..

Pattern will be written up after I make the second one, and than will need a few pattern testers afterwards..

:clap We are on a roll with these poncho sweaters! :))

Really if you take any pattern stitch you enjoy, start working it like a poncho to fit the head size, pull the sides together under the arm pits to join and form sleeves, then keep going around and around and you've got a poncho shirt or sweater!

Guest ilovekrochet
:clap wow! what a great job! will definetly have to make three for our gr-daughters. ages 7, 2 and 13mo....waiting for pattern. thank you for figuring it out.

Awesome job Cathey!!!

Can't wait for a pattern too.

I'm nearly done with my first one too, but would love to compare mine with others.

Again great job!!

Archived