Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, Julie, Julie.........what am I going to do with you? :rofl You changed your mind? After reading the 1000 squares post I don't blame ya though, geeze louise I thought 400 was alot. :eek

One question, what is the striped circus afghan? Any pics. online so I can see what it looks like? Good Luck! :manyheart

Ok I guess you are all waiting for more pics. Its amazing how we go through the pages in the hope that someone has put a picture on the board.

I have 2 squares done now and would like your expert opinions based on what my hubby suggested today.

He said the squares looked great but maybe it needed another color. Should I do a row of cream around the squares then sew them. Or should I do some of the squares in cream and scatter them in the bedspread. Or thirdly dont do anything and just have the one color.:think

aussie, I think I'd go for an edging in white or off white. It'll really make the color you're using pop, and look fabulous.

I've read 1 or 2 of the Miss Marple mysteries. :sher Just haven't run into as many of them.

Poor Julie! Over 1,000 squares!!!:faint Yikes!!!!! :yuck:yuck:yuck I'd never, ever make it through. :no I don't like hiding tails and sewing together things nearly well enough to get through that many. No way!!!! Nobody will fault you if decide to switch. My thread BS is going to take forever to make, but at least the squares will be about 24 inches square, so there won't be too many of them to join together. And if I do the joining as i go, instead of doing it all at the end, it will be even better.

:2rainIt's drizzling here today. Not hard, just enough to have to use the windshield wipers all the time. Wish the sun would shine. Things always seem better when the sun is shining.

Julie, couldn't you make those shapes using the rectangle Granny method so that you are just making one motif instead of ...what 8 or 10? You would still have your small white squares but the others could be finagled. The effect is what you want to go for not all the work.

I too loved Quincy and Mrs Pollifax. I have read a couple of Mrs. Seatons and I loved them. Miss Marple was always a favourite and I loved when they got Joan Hickson to play her. She is the quintessential Miss Marple just as David Suchet is the perfect Hercule. the fictional character I would most want to be is Jessica Fletcher - Looooooove MSW

I like a puzzle but not a big fan of gore.

Wow,got way behind on the pages.

Melissa

We will be moving to the Gaston area in a little town called Bassemer City if all goes well with the paperwork..ready to go where its warmer.

Tabby

I have that movie to and it is gory but i love it.

Judi

I have all of John Douglas books...i love reading books done by him...he was the founder and the first man to ever interview killers to learn if you could profile them...cant wait for his new book...i think the one case that really intregues me the most is THE ZODIAC...perfect killer and still uncaught and no clues.

Windy

I think and edgeing of cream would really set it off and make it pop.

Julie

I just turned 44 in oct and i have 4 kids and 5 grandbabies...had my frist son at 18 and then the next 2 pretty fast after that..then along came our OPPS Tater...he is 11 now.

I think we are going to have to take your hooks away from you for awhile if you keep changeing your mind on everything :lol...i really dont blame you though...thats alot of squares...what is Striped Circus Afghan???.

Athba

I agree with julie..just find a new one and try it...its the only way to see if you will like it.Edited to add that i love that new pattern you have picked out...will have to save that one.

Wow,got way behind on the pages.

Melissa

We will be moving to the Gaston area in a little town called Bassemer City if all goes well with the paperwork..ready to go where its warmer.

Bessemer is in my backyard. I am in Cherryville.. Hmmmm if you need to know where some of the local Walmarts are, I can point you in the right direction. It is ok here now. Probably in the upper 50's low 60's. But it is grey out. It was in the 70's last week.

Julie

what is Striped Circus Afghan???.

Yes, what is the striped circus afghan????

ok i loved a pattern

easy and quick

HERE IT COMES

TADA.......

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/ezsqa.html

but i`ll add squares to lager the size :)

Perfect choice!:clap

You can even make the squares bigger, instead of making more of them. Just a thought...:hook

Tracey, NJ is a big State, but where are you? Or as we say here in Monmouth County(not too far from Raritan Bay) "which exit are you?":D

:sher Sherlockian....

Guys,

Stop posting!! Nah - just kidding!! I love reading your posts (:cheer)!! Although - as everyone has said - it's hard to crochet when you're having so much fun reading about crochet (:rofl)!!

And guess what: looks like I can see your pix now (:clap )!! Bad news though: it wasn't my browser - it was my personal firewall (Zone Alarm)! I had to turn it off to see the pix that I couldn't see before (:bang)!! I'm going to have to contact the company that makes my firewall software because I've already set the rules that should allow me to let C'Ville and photobucket stuff through! For today I'll turn the firewall back on after I log off and then sweep to make sure no junk or other bad stuff got through (:tryme). Anyway - it's great to see all the pix. You guys are so talented (:cheer).

And I think that I settled on a pattern for my blanket (:clap). I was looking through some old crochet pattern books and found one titled ""Crochet with Style from Simplicity" (it was published in 1987). There's a "Diamond Afghan" on the cover that I really like. It's one piece too (which I wanted). I'll go out this week and look for a pretty cream or blue. (I'll post a pix later.)

PS: Who knew that the emoticons were animated (:think)? Zone Alarm was really blocking a lot of the C'Ville experience (:irk)!

Every morning I come in here armed with my cup of coffee knowing that there will be 5 or so pages to read and as Im reading, more posts are being written. Its like reading the morning paper. I love it. We could turn this into a book.... hmmm what could we call it.. I know Bedspread Antics.:lol

Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions, I havent decided on what to do with the second color as yet.

Julie - what is the striped circus afghan. :think You have put that there on purpose havent you, to puzzle us all day. How many squares have you already done and what will you do with the squares you have done if you frog this.

My mum loves Quincy, Murder she wrote and diagnosis murder and she still watches them on cable tv. I watched Quincy as a kid. Im 42 years old, I was married in 87 and had Kelly in 94 and Emma in 97.

I love reading Patricia Cornwell books. What is the Mrs Seaton books never heard of them?

Ann - Im glad you have your computer worked out and you can see the pics now. It makes a difference doesnt it.

Wow, I walk away for a couple of hours and I come back to 4 pages. I think I must of misrepresented myself earlier. A duvet cover is what you put around your comforter or down comforter. That way you only have to wash the duvet. It is like a huge pillowcase. I was trying to figure out what pattern I would put on the back side and that is why I would be a glutton for punishment. I don't mind doing the popcorns and I want to make sure I do the front that way because it will be a replica of what my Oma did before she passed.

I also love the Mrs. Pollifax books. Her books crack me up. I actually just finished a book called A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber. It is about a woman who owns a yarn store and how knitting brings her and other women together and how they grow from it. It was pretty interesting. Unfortunately it wasn't about crochet. My neighbor across the street let me borrow it.

The books about Miss Seaton are written by three different English authors. But all three have kept Miss Seaton's personality consistent. She talks in circles, which tends to confuse her listeners with great regularity, but she really is making sense. It's just that her train of thought tends to wander a bit. The village she lives in is a hotbed of gossip and the inhabitants are either staunch supporters of Miss Seaton or are sure that she is a horribly corrupt person. She sees herself as living a very sedate life with nothing out of the ordinary happening to her. NOT the way others see her. All the titles have the words "Miss Seaton" in them. The authors are Heron Carvic, Hamilton Crane, and Charles Hampton. They are available through Amazon.com. I just picked up 11 of them on eBay.:manyheart

:lol :lol :haha :haha :heehee :heehee :rofl :rofl

This is SO funny !!!!!!

I think I'll leave you all guessing at least for a day or so til I get something accomplished here to show you .

I made up the name -- you'll know what I mean when you see the newest colors .

Let's just say they will wake the dead .

It's ok, guys. I do this all the time, til I settle on something . I'll get busy on my CIRCUS-ghan so I have something to show you tomorrow .

I believe my husband had better learn to wear sunglasses when stepping into our bedroom ... :lol:D:lol

This is SO funny !!!!!!

I think I'll leave you all guessing at least for a day or so til I get something accomplished here to show you .

Not nice!!!!:nahnah

No, really... I can't wait to see what you have going now.... Oh, an idea for you. If you ever decide to continue with your little squares. Instead of weaving in all those ends. What about leaving long enough tails to sew them together with. That way you don't have to weave in so many ends.

I am doing a basic black granny and a basic white granny and joining to look like a checkered flag for my step bro's son who drives race cars locally. They are 12 inch and I did 2 today and its going to be nice I can tell. Photos soon

I loved Quincy too and I'm 42 with a soon to be 4 year old. ( we got started late even though been married 10 years lol :blush ) I love all those true crime and crime shows too and am a big fan of court tv I am infatuated with them too something about the mentality of how can people do such things.

Some other good writers I haven't seen mentioned but aren't true crime is Lisa Scottoline and Kathy Reichs (whose books are the basis for the show Bones) My mom has turned me on to all these cause they are women writers with stong women in the leads.

this is a hard thread to keep up with I do crochet in front of the computer so I can keep up and cause my printer isn't working right right now so I have to do some of my patterns directly off the net till I can get a new printer. :hook

Judi~~I am exit 155 on GSP in Passaic county, wa up north near New York City. Well, 11 miles from it anywoo. I almost got my second motif done waiting for this customer make up his mind if he was going to buy a car or not.

This is SO funny !!!!!!

I made up the name -- you'll know what I mean when you see the newest colors .

Let's just say they will wake the dead .

It's ok, guys. I do this all the time, til I settle on something . I'll get busy on my CIRCUS-ghan so I have something to show you tomorrow .

I believe my husband had better learn to wear sunglasses when stepping into our bedroom ... :lol:D:lol

Okay, you are NOT funny. But i'm heading to bed so I guess i'll have to wait now. :kick

I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow.

Melissa - your squares look beautiful.

Jimmie - cant wait to see your flag bedspread. Have you got any pics yet.

Julie - cant wait to see your circus ghan I hope this is the one for you. i know its frustrating when you dont know what to do.

Linda - i hadnt heard of Miss Seaton books before. they sound interesting, I will have to look them up on ebay.

I love reading, I can read anywhere but I want to know how anyone can read while crocheting. A few of you have said this.

Archived