What Not To Crochet/Knit

iSiSfae

What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?  

641 members have voted

1. 1. What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?

• Love it! It makes me laugh!
    • On the Fence: It's funny, but it's also offensive.
    • Hate it! How can people be that cruel about other people's work!
    • Sorry... Never heard of it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the one called "How to Punish a Cheating Man". The title was hilarious.

And i understand to each their own, but that thong and pasties set, i could only think of one thing when i saw the thong: 'chafing'.

Just put some really really bad hairstyles on those women and you have the way my mother would send me off to school! hahaha

I can laugh now but I assure you that 30 years ago I was not laughing lol.

T-

I have seen this before, I can take it or leave it, I like looking at the pics, some of them I agree, some I diagree, but it is fun to see what people make. Some things I would like to know what was running through thier mind when they were creating it, and others I think look nice. To each is own.

Kim

• 1 month later...

This is the first time I've ever seen this. It was...interesting. I about died when I saw the pasties! I did fiind it somewhat offensive..BUT it is other people's opinions and they are certainly entitled to theirs..

• 2 months later...
Umm... the girl with the not really a bathing suit, bathing suit was very risky. And I think the big wedding cake is interesting. I wonder how many people have that much time on their hands for something like that. And were to put it maybe on the kitchen table. :think

Oh yes, on the table. My 3 yr old saw that one, and asked if he could have one, so now I guess I will have to make one to go in his play kitchen................:manyheart

The pasties:clap>>> OMG who would do that?

I guess everyone has different opinions. My MIL thinks I am silly for constantly making blankets, granny squares, and every other pattern I come across that I like, OH and turning doily patterns into baby blankst.:think (I know, strange, but some of them make very pretty girls blankets) I have a tendancy to just jump pattern to pattern, and you ladies are no help there, just keep showing me more :blush

AND I think she is crazy for making endless amounts of fake cakes and coffee cups. So to each her own ball of yarn. :yarn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BWUAHAHAHA!

just saw the blog and i love it, hilarious! LOL

is that true about not many people into filet? lol

cause i've done it... in fact i'm in the middle of a window sized custom designed Punisher filet... seriously! hehehe

cause i've done it... in fact i'm in the middle of a window sized custom designed Punisher filet... seriously! hehehe

Punisher like the comic book Punisher?? cause that's just stinkin' hilarious!!!

:clapI wanna see! I wanna see!:clap

I've been reading that site on and off for a while now - I find it greatly entertaining and do agree with the majority - but like someone else said, some things I look at and think...hmmm that could be fixed, and that could be changed...:hook

Some perhaps are a bit far out in design; however I guess I am different as I see it as an insult to a designer.

Not everyone has the same tastes ,some of the designs may appeal to one and not the other, think if it were your design , you happen upon the site and read the comments, would it not tend to discourage?????:(

I am not terribly offended when someone disagrees with my tastes. Most people I know think yarn, knit, crochet in general is hideous, no matter what it is. Crochet and needle work has been my passion since I was very young, so it has become something I like for me. Yay confidence!

I like the site. I like when I see crochet that makes me smile, no matter why I smile. I made a hat one time and I have had tons of great compliments on it, but low and behold, it is right there on What No To Crochet.

That hat might not have been cute on a grown woman, but on a girl, it was perfectly adorable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG - I have never heard of these sites before now and I am DYING of laughter - and I've only TOUCHED on the crochet blog so far!!! These are a RIOT - I must say the gun cozy mystifies me LOL... this is going to bring me HOURS of enjoyment tonight - thank you for bringing these to my PC :lol - I hope noone is offended by my taste in humor - I do recognize the hours of hard labor put into each and every design!

• 1 month later...

I think it's hysterical! There are a few things on there that I think would be awesome to crochet...and some that I think are beyond hideous. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I know that some things that I think are insanely cool may definitely be on the WNTC website. But seriously, a gun cozy???

I too hadn't been to those sites before - until now. Yes, they made me laugh and also on some of them ask myself 'what were they thinking'?

The video from the Lion Brand show made me sit and wonder if it was meant to be silly. I mean, seriously how many people do you know that wear an afghan as part of their clothes? What was that big green thing that looked like it was going to squeeze the life out of the model on the video?!:laughroll

I don't want to cast stones because like others have said, when you create or crochet something, you are proud of it but others may look at it and also think 'what was she thinking?!'

Some of it did make me laugh though (no offense to any contributors is meant).:U

I think it's freaking hillarious! It's one of those things that if yo udon't want to look at it then don't...and honestly I agree wit hsome of the comments I won't deny it.

It's just like watching that What Not To Wear show. I mean some of the comments towards those peoples wardrobes are just the same as this site.

• 1 year later...

It's only since I've been on the 'ville that I've discovered sites like these. I think it's funny:laughroll really funny. But I could see where some people might be upset, it the comments are directed toward their work. I kind of think of things like this as the "What Not to Wear" of the crochet world. Some people don't know that they dress (or crochet) horribly, until it is exposed to the world. It is a learning experience to those "exposed" and should be taken as such.

• 4 months later...

Well, it is what it is, and while I've never heard of the site until now, at least there's no hidden agenda to what that blog is about and one can either enter or not. I might even head back there out of curiosity just to see what's up, but I won't be bookmarking it.

What I do dislike, and intensely so, are the very, very, very rare occasions when "Isn't this awful?" alerts are posted here at the 'Ville. My first thought, the couple of times I've seen it, were what if the creator is a member of this community (or shy lurker) and seeing their items dogged?...Just my two cents.

Archived