What Not To Crochet/Knit

iSiSfae

What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?  

641 members have voted

1. 1. What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?

• Love it! It makes me laugh!
    • On the Fence: It's funny, but it's also offensive.
    • Hate it! How can people be that cruel about other people's work!
    • Sorry... Never heard of it!

Umm... the girl with the not really a bathing suit, bathing suit was very risky. And I think the big wedding cake is interesting. I wonder how many people have that much time on their hands for something like that. And were to put it maybe on the kitchen table. :think

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am NOT making my man UNDERWEAR :eek

OMG that one had me *******

I'd never seen these blogs b4, loving the WNTC though I didn't read it so much as just look at the pics

the cow scarf I could handle w/o the udder fringe that was what made me giggle

What scares me is that I made one of those purses, (the fun in the sun one), but left off the flower thingees. I think the shape is cute and made in cotton it came out very nice and practical for people who are into seaside themes.

I did it before it was posted on the site as a what not to crochet.

I think the bleeding animals was the worst, and think that young folks need to leave red hat society folks alone. Anything Red Hatters wear and do is never going to be as bad as some teenage fashions, or some of the older styles.

I like these sites. I sometimes get pretty good ideas there what to crochet/knit next... just to fight the arrogance that appears sometimes on the site.

I think the bleeding animals was the worst, and think that young folks need to leave red hat society folks alone. Anything Red Hatters wear and do is never going to be as bad as some teenage fashions, or some of the older styles.

Hi - Pardon my ignorance but could you explain "red hat" society???

Its not something I've heard before!!!

Manda

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of the sites. I am not really into the blog thing. I have a hard enough time keeping in contact with my small circle of friends. I admire those that have the time to write and chat and so forth.

It's okay...not great though. We have all seen crazy items that have been crocheted BUT I think this site may at times cross a line.

There is a way to present things in a comical way without being mean and if you have to be mean then really is it worth saying?

The man thong is funny tho-never would have thought of that one! I wonder if my husband would like that for Christmas? New CAL perhaps?? :think

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi - Pardon my ignorance but could you explain "red hat" society???

Its not something I've heard before!!!

Manda

Red Hat Socity is for women who are over 50. They wear red items (hats of course) with a touch of purple. It's just a fun little group. My aunt is a member. I was going to crochet her a nice red hat because her's was from a yard sale and she couldn't find a nice one. But then she got a really nice one from a friend. I may make her one one day.

For women 40-50 they can join a Pink Hat Socity.

I'm not too familiar with it, but that's the basics.

Debbi

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a follower of feng shui, I don't really 'know' what chi is, but I do believe that all that negativity is just bad for your health........that it's like an acid that eats away at your soul.

SO, while there are things on there I personally would not make, I would never say anything negative about someone elses work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually I have never heard of the site till now so I took a few mins and went over to check them out and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!:interest Some of that stuff was just way out there and who knows what they were thinking. I don't think that I could say some of the mean things that some of those people said no matter how unattractive, ugly or ridiculous the handmade items are. Some of the things I have made may not be pretty or attractive to some people but other people may absolutely love them. I guess as the old saying goes "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, and If we all liked the same things what a boring world this would be."

Archived