Holiday Mystery CAL Day 6 post 95

minwifeof4boys

Lea, I just appreciate some definition - you have been so sweet to go above and beyond and I am grateful.

This is a lot of fun and I am trying to decide who gets blessed with my finished one.... who's been naughty or nice this year? :wlol

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh My,:eek

How did I miss this. I had so much fun with the halloween one and was so looking forward to this one. just found it, only because Tiga said something about it in another thread. Can't start it right now, but I copied all of the days so far & will start on it soon. I must pay better attention!!!!!:(

Ready for day 7???? Here goes!

Row 36: white~ 18

red` 3

green~9

red~ 1

white~ 21

Row 37: white~ 21

red~1

green~ 9

red~ 3

white~ 18

Row:38: white~ 18

green~ 1

red~1

green 11

white~ 21

Row 39: white~ 22

green~ 11

white~ 19

Row 40 : white ~ 20

green~ 9

white~ 23

...Almost finished~~ so... that's it that's it for right now... have a fine day all day long!

OK... This is the last day so I am posting all final rows... I can't wait to see pics!

Row 41: white~ 24

green~ 7

white~ 21

Row 42: white~ 21

green~ 7

white~ 24

Row 43: white~ 25

green~ 5

white~ 22

Row 44: white~ 22

green~ 5

white~ 25

Row 45: white~26

green~ 3

white~ 23

Row 46: white: 23

green~ 3

white~26

Row 47: white ~ 27

green~ 1

white ~ 24

Row 48: white~24

green~1

white~27

Rows 49-53 white 52 across

...I hope you've enjoyed it! I've learned alot myself . I turn mine into pillows...one I backed with a muslin type fabric and the other I crocheted a backing....

That's it ...That's it for right now... have a fine holiday... all season long!

I finally got a chance to finish the last part. Here's a pic:

th_HolidayMysteryCAL4.jpg

(clickable)

A pillow sounds like a good thing to make it into. I almost bought some beads from Wal-Mart but I decided to wait. Then I was looking around my craft stuff for some beads for my little snowman and found some other beads that I had from awhile back that would look good on the tree. So I don't think I'll have to buy anything extra right now! :D

Thank you so much Lea for sharing the pattern. I've learned alot from doing these and I'm starting to love making them a lot. :manyheart I think I might try to come up with a snowman pattern sometime :hook

Hey, I didn't join this cal but had to do this anyways.It's been awfully fun. I actually did a half decent job on the color change. You know, it's funny, but I've been crocheting since I was 6 years old ( almost 13 years now), and I never did a whole lot of color changing projects( unless it was super easy), I was actually afraid of doing it. Changaphobia.

Anyways, thanks again. I started yesterday, and I shall finish tonight. It's a nice looking tree. Yeehaw.

God Bless!!!

Julee

Cowgirl Up!!

Thank you Lea for sharing this it was my first CAL and I really had fun.

I finished all but some decorations for my tree, I'm going to let my daughter help me decorate it.

I put an edging on it to try to hide my uneven sides :2eek (don't think I'm fooling anybody :heehee )

th_Kailasshots067.jpg

This is my first time changing colors and it wasn't as hard as I was afraid it would be to do, now if I can just get my edges even I'll be in business.:haha

Here is my finished tree:

Christmas-tree.jpg

I'll be using it as a door hanging on my front door, until we get the jingle bell wreath down from the attic.

I'm going to crochet in a "handle" for hanging.

Here's a close up of the tree's decorations:

close-up-of-tree.jpg

I used pony beads as I crocheted, and added the tiny jingle bells in the red ornament areas and the baby rickrack after. Those, and the angel iron on patch are all sewed on with thread - I hope they don't fall off!

ahhh.. the students have surpassed the teacher... these are just wonderful! I knew the possibilites would be endless.... I was really ahppy to see so many newbies join in... Thanks EVERYONE for playing along.... keep the pics coming... and have a very merry Christmas....

....I'll probaly do another Mystery CAL some time in the spring... I'm working on some Easter designs... but who knows... one could pop up any time!!!

Tiga, your tree turned out beautiful! :cheer Good job! I've thought about making mine into a pillow but I also thought of maybe a wall hanging, that way the kids or the animals wouldn't get a hold of it! :lol

everyones trees look really nice. I plan to finish mine today then decorate it. I am also thinking about making it into a pillow. I was thinking about crocheting a ruffle around it with christmas vaigated yarn (which I am doing the back in). I'm not exactly sure how to do this. I was thinking if I sc the two sides together that would give me the start on the ruffle. Am I thinking in the right direction here?

I have been thinking of gifting mine to my loaner puppy. He spends a good bit of time in a car and I think this would be great for him to be warm. I don't get to see him as often as I used to and this would keep me in the scent memory.

So, I'll have to watch the ornaments I use...hmn

Lea, thank you so much for ALL your work and your posting. Totally Fab!

Brenda - your xmas tree looks great. What color are you doing the back. Im not sure what to make it into yet. I have been busy with mine last night.

I have finished it and have been busy decorating it. Doing the decorating part was just as much fun as decorating a real life tree.

I will try and post a pic soon.

:eek GAH!!!!!

I TOTALLY missed this!!!!!!

Well, I guess that's what happenes when everyone is sick in my house and I come on here and not pay alot of attention to anything.... *sigh*

I copied the pattern though, if that was ok Lea... :D

It looks like alot of fun to make, I loved all of the pictures of everyones variations :hook

Archived