Holiday Mystery CAL Day 6 post 95

minwifeof4boys

Okay, so it's not the Christmas Beagle! It's beginning to look like a wreath. Adding in the third color was a bit of a challange for me but then so was thawing out my turkey this year. :hook Mine looks just like Ch2crochet's so I'm doing good.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah I did it.:yay:clap

This is a first for me doing crochet and swapping colors mid row. After redoing the 7th row 6 times I have finally got it. Not sure how it looks but I think it looks ok for my first time.

Here is my pic

My Mystery Pic

Cant wait for the next lot.

Keep going everyone your doing great. This is so much fun.

Thanks Lea.:hug

Well night everyone after working all that out Im tired and Im going to bed.

Hopefully this will post before the dial-up resets.... phone company has been contacted and dh is seriously considering clearing a large swatch of trees so we can get satellite...~ ahh the joys of country living.... Cheers to all of you hanging in there and thanks for posting the pics... it really helps others I think.. and well, since I have dial up..pics are at a premium,,,

Ms Darski... I hope the color changes help.... I so understand how things run together,...

Row 16: White~9

Green~1

Red ~1

Green~1

Red ~1

Green ~25

Red ~5

White~9

Row 17: White~ 9

Red ~5

Green 24

Red ~1

Green~1

Red ~1

Green~1

red ~ 1

white~ 9

Row 18: White~ 9

Green~1

Red~ 1

Green ~1

Red ~1

Green~26

Red ~3 CoRRECTION

White ~10

Row 19: White ~11

Green~ 29

red ~1

Green~ 1

White ~ 10

Row: White ~11

Green ~29

White ~ 12

Ok...that's it.. that's it for right now.... have a fine day... all day long!:yay

I'm a late starter, was a late bloomer also but that's another story, we were away for the holiday. This will give me something to take my my mind off the pain til I get to the doctor this am, devekoped a UTI over the weekend, I need drugs!!! Thanks for doing this, I enjoy a challenge!!! Charlene

AAAARRRGGHHH! :thair The one stitch color changes are making me crazy! I stopped at row 17 because of the "missing stitches" in 18, and I will wait patiently for the graph-guru to return and confirm...lol. MEANWHILE, could someone please explain how this "bobbin" thing works? :think I'm hoping it will help with the "one stitch" buggers...

Thanks in advance!

Okay it looks like I'm going to have to print out the instructions here at work and take them home with me; my home computer is acting up! :( I'm thinking it's the power supply, but that's still going to be a pain to replace(it's christmas time, how much extra money can a body have? :D ) So hopefully I can catch up soon.

I stopped halfway through row 18 awaiting instructions too. I am having a hard time with the one stitches too. My problem is because that area of the row seems messy to me. We'll see when it's all done. I'm not sure I fully understand the bobbin thing either so I'm not going to explain it. LOL This is the first time I've done a project that requires changing colors throughout so as long as it resembles what it's supposed to I'll be happy. lol

I had the same problem. I did the last 10 white and still have 2 sts left. I've double counted and everything is correct. So I wasn't sure if there should be more red sts or more white sts. I'll wait till I hear from Lea before I continue.

I agree tlisley, this one st change can make you crazy! :loco:lol

Aussie, good job! Looks like your doing it right. :cheer

Well Ilene had to get me in on this, and I've got all 20 rows done. Yes there is a mistake in row 18, short 2 stitches so i did 3 reds instead of one. If that isn't right I frog it and put the correction in when she gives it to us. Glad to be joining you all.

I stopped halfway through row 18 awaiting instructions too. I am having a hard time with the one stitches too. My problem is because that area of the row seems messy to me. We'll see when it's all done. I'm not sure I fully understand the bobbin thing either so I'm not going to explain it. LOL This is the first time I've done a project that requires changing colors throughout so as long as it resembles what it's supposed to I'll be happy. lol

My area there looks very messy, too. I think I'm going to frog it, and try to "catch" the yarn that looks like it's going sort of sideways across the other stitches (when you pull it up from the previous row) and crochet over it, in the stitch I'm pulling it up in. If that makes an ounce of sense, lol!

Or, figure something out where it just looks messy on the wrong side. Right now, it's messy on both sides.

Can't mess around with it too much, though - on top of all the squares I'm doing, I've decided to try to make a BICO for my 4 year old.

Clearly, I'm insane.:confused:juggle

Here's some pics of mine so far. I have thought about frogging but I'm not sure if I should. I kind of think it may come out the same. I've been trying to catch the yarn and crochet over it so it looks better. Most of the mess is the one stitch area. LOL. If it looks too bad I'll frog

mysteryCAL4.jpg

mysteryCALday4.jpg

Just a heads up... I completed the final product minus some of the color changes I had originally done because I am going in a toatlly differnt direction with this... so... if you happen to be out and about pick up cool buttons, charms, weird beads etc.... so after the beagle viking ship is done we can decorate it... I used ribbons , a few buttons, and some bead sort of charm things that were like 2.00 a pack at Walmart... the effect is so totally cool you would not believe!!

....now... back to your regularly scheduled posts... I just had to share!

Archived