Holiday Mystery CAL Day 6 post 95

minwifeof4boys

....sorry ladies... a little breakfast in bed with my new Country Cottage magazine... hubby took care of the animals and such so I was Queen Bee holding court from my throne :D

..so... a few basics here...

This will be done totally in sc... at the end of each row you will ch 1 turn... this always counts as the first stitch.....

If you have never changed color mid row... there are several onlline tutorials and we can also help you every step of the way ( I however will NOT fly to your home to give personal instruction unless your Ilene that lives all of a half hour away)....

....you may share this pattern with friends or if you have a bee in your bonnet to make a bunch and sell them that is fine, just give me the credit for the pattern AND you may not sell the pattern....( that part was for Amy:P )

..Here we go: with white....chain 53

.row 1: In 2nd chain from hook sc... sc across chain 1 turn

row 2-5: in second sc from hook sc and all the way across chain 1 at the end of each row and turn..

You will end up with 52 stitches in each row.... get there anyway you can

( how's that for pattern clarity)

My 2nd st or ch might be some one elses 1st or something... just make sure there are 52 sttiches when you finish the row....( clear as mud huh???)

...That's it... that's it for right now..... have a fine day... all day long!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm... nope... does it read htat way??? I need to edit... evry row should have 52 sttiches.... If you count the chain one as a stitch then go into the 2nd stitch then you should just have 2 stitches, not decreased by one.....clear as mud huh??? Anyhow... how about if you have 52 stitches in a row your probably good... just make sure you are counting the chain one as your first stitch

I am off to get white yarn and I think I may have to get the variegated too that sounds soo pretty. Let me understand this though. You use the variegated instead of the red and green? So it's white and variegated instead of white, red and green. Just wanna make sure. LOL.

What weight yarn? WW?

I'm using WW, but I htink others are trying thread... either will work, just adjust your hook....

...with WW I am using a G....but it depends how big/ small you want a piece...there is alot of artistic license with this piece...

Have fun!!

lilpug...just jump in...its painless...trust me....

sesnsew...I just did a test graph on the varigated...it won't work like I thought....stick with white as a base and green and red for the graph part....

off to edit ( again)

I'm thinking that we can all pretend that we have gone to visit Wendy in Australia and then it will be Saturday already and we can have part 2 -

get the kettle on girl, you've got virtual company coming :lol

Can't blame a girl for trying eh?

Just did my first 5 rows...c'mon tomorrow!!!

I'm so glad I bought a bright red and a forest green RHSS "just in case" I wanted to do some holiday-ey crocheting!

This is both my first mystery crochet-along AND my first graph - wish me luck!

Plus, it's a great way to get my mind off the million and one granny squares for the kids' afghans. I know it's a 'good thing', but I need a break sometimes, lol!

I'm in on this one again. I definately need the practice. :lol I've already done the first part and I'm itchin for the next part! Can't wait to see some color added to this.

I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky with a G hook for mine.

I think I realize what I did wrong last time, I started counted one on my first sc and didn't count the ch as the first st. Hopefully I will get it right this time. :D

I *think* I have it right. By my count I have 52 so I hope my count is the same as yours. :think This is my first graph too. I'm a little nervous about the color change thing but it will help me practice my color changing since I want to make an afghan with a bit of colors in it.

Archived