Holiday Mystery CAL Day 6 post 95

minwifeof4boys

OK... Day 2....

We're going to add color today ...the bulk of the project will be with green so what I would suggest is to take 2 small pieces of cardboard and wrap the color white around it... or you can make one cardboard "bobbin" and use your skein for the other side....I always make a notch in the top of the cardboard to hold the yarn in place when I am not using it ....If you want you can carry it across the back of your work....

Remember chain 1 counts as your first stitch.... here we go....

Row 6 with the white sc 13 but on the 13th stitch with the last two loops on the hook, add green... to do this you will use green to finish off the stitch leave a tail leave the white behind the work and begin crocheting with the green for 25 stitches ont he 25th stitich ( do not finish off green yarn, leave it behind the work)you will pick up the white again for 14 stitches.... chain 1 and turn...

...I find it helpful to take the tail of the new color and sort of crochet it into the row to avoid having to weave it in after the piece is finished....

If your frustrated stop and ask a question instead of giving up... there are tons of great minds to work throught his with you...

Row 7: with white sc 11 switch to green 30 sc switch to white 11 sc chain 1 turn

Row 8: white 10, green 32, white 10 chain 1 turn

Row 9: white 9 green 34 white 9 chain 1 turn

row 10: white 10 green 32 white 10 chain 1 turn

...That's it... that's it for right now.... have a fine day... all day long!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, this is what I get for not checking Crochetville b4 going to the craft store. *wah!!* :lol I'm hitting my stash as soon as I get home from work...I'm not missing this one! :D

Well I've finished mine for today and everything is working up right. I have 52 stitches each time. The stitches come out correctly at the end of each row so far. :yay Last time I would finish the stitch and then pick up the new color, but this time I'm following your instruction and it's coming out good so far. But the yarns are a mess in the back :lol Before I stitched in the color I wasn't using to the end of the row and back again on the next row, but it would show through the stitches, so I like this better because I don't want the colors to show through.

I'm not sure what you are asking...

If you are asking about what to do with the yarn when you are not using it, you just let it lie and pick it up again when you get to it.

You should have two balls/bobbins/butterflies of white yarn and one Green ball at this point. the whites are on the outsides and the green is in the centre.

as you do your last white stitch (for example) you pull through a loop as you normally would then drop the white and pick up the green then draw through two loops on hook. that loop always lays over the top of the next stitch so it has to be the same colour.

If this is not what you meant... Nevermind! - Emily Litella rocked:2rock

I think the link confused me. LOL I was reading about crocheting over the yarn or carrying it over the back and I didn't know if that was what I was supposed to do. LOL I'm glad I got it figured out. Now that there is a little color I'm having fun trying to guess what I think it is.

Okay, I'm crocheting *OVER* my white; what I'm doing it pulling all the yarn I'm crocheting over to what is my "backside" - when I pull up my two loop of green, I pull the white that I dropped between the two loops so on one row I'm actually crocheting over in the side of the work facing me (the backside). The next row, I just crochet over in the back, like normal.

Is this just too complicated? I didn't understand about having TWO balls of white. Should I just make another ball of white for tomorrow? How big should I make it? I'm using a RH Giant skein, so I've got plenty, I'm sure, lol!

Some of my white *is* showing through the green, but it's all on my designated wrong side - is that okay? On the front side, it's all purty.

Oh, and I think we're making a Christmas Viking boat. Yup. Christmas Vikings of Crochetville :grin

Hmmmm..interesting Ilene.... have you ever done an ink blot test..... I have a friend who is a psychologist ;)

Cute Min! On December 14th my baby will graduate with her BS in Psycology from UNC Greensboro. Anyone in cat tossing distance is welcome to come cheer her on. (PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!)

If this works, I am thinking that a long NOEL wall hanging might just be nice.

Of course I am planning one that is way over-produced for the time and talents I have available at the moment. :wlol

I'm gonna have to catch up to you guys on this one I did the halloween one but it looked kinda funny I'm not sure I understood what I was suppose to do on the color change but I think I have it now and am at least going to give this a try.

OK... dial up is giving me a headache so I need to be quick...

Rows 11-13 white 11 green 30 white 11 chain 1 and turn at the end of each row

Row 14: white 11 green 31 white 10 chain 1 turn

Row 15 white 9 RED 5 Green 26 Red 1 Green 1 white 10

( If you choose you can skip adding in the red and "other" things can be done later... if you don't do the red just use green for that stitch....

That's it...that's it for right now have a fine day... all day long!

Lea, I really appreciate you doing this for us but I wondered if you could put in commas after each colour and number of stitches.

My eyes start reading at the row number and my little pea brain has been on vacation all week - really missing it too.

Well I got a late start but I have finished day 2. I'm hiding my ends and going on to day 3. I don't get the bobin thing though. Is it ok if I'm just dragging the yarn across the back to where I need it next?

Archived