Holiday Mystery CAL Day 6 post 95

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I can't stand this anymore! After following the posts in this thread, I just have to join in with this CAL (albeit very late...)! I don't have any classes tomorrow so I'm going to make a quick trip to Joann's for some yarn. What colors and how much of each color do we need? I hope I can catch up with everyone!

Darn it , I just cant help myself . I was trying NOT to get involved , but it has got the better of me . lol .I need the practice as I have never done a graph before or colour change and I have a project in mind , so this will be a trial run for that . What size hook do we need? Sorry for butting in late and all too .

ok I have done first 5 rows , now with the colour change , could you work over the unsed thread?This would make it look neat on both sides?And if so does it work to carry the green and red also when I get up to that bit?Do you know what I am trying to say?

Dont worry , I tried it and you could see the green being carried on top of row thru the white . So I will just have to cover the back to hide the loops then , as I was thinking of using this as a pocket for a pillowghan , for a little one the might get his fingers caught in the loops .

ok , its me again , lol , I have read back thru all this and I missed the part about the 2 balls of white . Does it make 2 sides purty?By that I mean does that eliminate the loops of white at the back , cause if it does I am a frogging. rippit rippit rippit

Thanks chenille , frogging right this minute , lol . I am determined to catch up right now .

OK , I frogged and started again with 2 balls of white . BUT , I seem to have a problem . One end on both sides of the piece is like the back should be , it must be something I am doing when taking up the green and changing back to white or something . Should I be twisting the 2 colours together when going from one to the other ? Is that a clear enough explanation?

I'm suppose to be 45 minutes away in 30 minutes and my " face isn't on yet.... first things first though... I KNEW you guys would die without the post ..

Row 21: White 13

Green~13

Red~ 2

Green 11

White~ 13

Row 22: White 13

Green~ 10

RED`4

green~ 11

White~ 14

Row 23: White ~14

Green~ 12

Red ~ 2

Green~10

White ~14

Row 24: white ~ 14

red~3

green~18

red ~3

white~14

Row 25: white ~14

red~3

green~ 18

red~1

green~1

red~ 1

white~14

...That's it... That's it for right now... have a fine day... all day long!

....A bit early... but something to do while I watch one of my favorite shows.... a show so very out of character for me but... good none the less...

Row 26: White~ 14

Red~1

Green~ 1

Red~ 1

Green~18

Red~3

White~14

Row : 27 White~ 15

red~1

green~ 19

red~ 3

white~ 14

row :28 white ~15

red~1

green~ 21

white~ 15

row 29: white~16

green~21

white ~ 15

row: 30 white~16

green~19

white~ 17

...that's it... that's it for right now... have a fine night...all night long!

Thanks Lea for posting yesteday when you were in a hurry and for posting the next part last night! I'm glad I didn't see it last night or I would have been up way too late :lol

Here's a pic of mine so far:

th_HolidayMysteryCAL3.jpg

(clickable)

Ooohh...I'm only on Day Three, so I'm going to add some colorful pony beads to my green yarn, and put those in there!

This is gonna be so cute!!!

Oh, and if you go to Wal-mart, they have these little tiny angel iron patches in the crafts department; y'know, in case our "mystery" might need one on the top of it, lol!

Okay, I was so hoping it was the Christmas Beagle but it's looking more like a tree with some decorations on it. Maybe when this is over with Min will let me out of my corner since I've been good since Halloween. I'll have to go through my button box to see what I can pretty it up with.

Im up to day 6 and Im finding it really easy. Now and then Im short a stitch but thats because I seem to hide a stitch when I pick up a new color.

Lea you are very clever to have worked this graph out. I used to do cross stitch and never thought to combine the two. It surely cant be too hard.

What is everyone going to do with theirs once its finished.

[/color][/color]Alrighty......Reaady for day.. um is it 7?????

Row 31: white~ 18

green~ 17 ( sorry darski... colors aren't working well for me today for some reason)

white ~ 17

Row 32: white~ 18

green~ 15

white~ 19

Row 33: white~ 20

green~12

red~ 1

green~1

white~ 18

Row 34: white~ 18

red~3

green~ 9

red~1

green~1

white~ 20

Row 35: white~ 20

red~ 3

green~ 8

red~ 3

white~ 18

........I cn't wait to see everyones final projects... I finished a couple and think I'll try one with pony beads too ( great idea!)....

......Ilene, guess where I'll be this evening????? Cedar Grove Ruritan ( basketball game for ds)....

..............so ..that's it... that's it for right now.... have a fine day... all day long!

Archived