6 Day Charity Square-A-Long (Nov. 16th-21st)!

LavenderBear

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
439 so far...I can fly with granny suares but anything else takes me a little longer plus my sister spent the weekend so she hung out with the baby which gave me two TOTALY free hands and some free time

WOW...you did have fast hands...I could never do 100+ a day...some charity is going to very happy. This is great

Yesterday I was only able to make 1 - 6x6 cause we have a few people over for a pre-thanksgiving dinner.

Today I was able to make 5 - 6x6 squares so my totals after 5 days are

8 - 7x9

10 - 6x6

18 total

Hello, everyone! :waving We only have ONE more day left for this round, do you believe it?! WOW!!:sstar

I got 8 more squares done today, so that gives me a total of 38 so far! I should be able to get a few more done tomorrow before my LAST class, and then the Thanksgiving mini holiday begins!! :ttalk Sure wish I didn't have A LOT of homework :book , but after tomorrow's class I will be down to 3 MORE WEEKS of class until January 11th!! :dance:woo:bounce

Can't wait to find out our GRAND TOTAL and to do the drawings for our winners! :tup Don't forget! We are ALL winners!! :cheer

Talk to you tomorrow! :yes

I've done about 5 - 6" and 2 - 12". BUT the cool thing is I was going through my stash and found 12 - 12" squares I had made a while back. Now that I have someone to send them to, to put them to use they will get some use.

The weather here is starting to turn ugly,a Nor'easter is starting to fire up.

So I thought I post my totals before we lose power,14 for today,grand total of 67 thats 7 over my high end goal,yippeeee

Anyone along the coast,stay safe.

Linda

Hello!!! If you haven't already posted your totals, please do so ASAP!!! :yes You MUST post the sizes of your squares so I know whether or not you are to be included in the drawings or be named the Grand Prize Winner!

Even though I didn't accomplish the 72 I had planned, I am VERY HAPPY:yay with what I have made with all of the homework I've had during this time!! Here are my totals . . .

32 - 6.5" squares

12 - 10" squares

--

44 charity squares

Can't wait to tally up numbers and do the drawings!! :hook:yarn:cheer

Well, my final total ended up at 32 6 1/2" squares. Last couple of days I got sidetracked on other projects, but I am still really happy with my totals. Everyone did such a great job. Can't wait to see the totals.

Well my grand total is

40 - (6" squares)

That was my goal so I am very happy with it :yay and way more than what I did last time! :cheer I'll have to do about 20 more though to make a lapghan. I made two different color squares, white and pale rose for one and navy blue and grey for the other to make 2 lapghans to send to a nursing home in my area.

Melissa - that is awesome!!! :cheer I think we might hit our 2000 goal, if not we have to be close! So how do you do it? Do you eat...use the bathroom...sleep :haha I know , you take the yarn with you to the bathroom and crochet in your sleep and just drink meal shakes so you don't have to put the crochet hook down :rofl:lol:rofl

Great job to everyone!!! :applause:h5:cheer

I made 21 6-inch squares. I didn't meet my goal either but some last minute things came up.

Anyways, thanks Lavenderbear for doing this again. It was fun. You are great.

Can't wait to hear what the total is for everyone.

Have a good turkey day.

I think I've had about enough for today :yes

I have 34 squares for yesterday & 42 today... that makes my grand total 158 - 6" squares :yay of which, no two are the same! Awesome job everyone!! I can't wait to see what our grand total is! :manyheart

I have made 33 six inch squares.

Given all that I had going on over this time, it is not bad.

I hope to be ready in January to really make a push for it.

I can't host such a thing but I was wondering about maybe having a baby hats challenge as a change from squares some time?

yes?/ no?

I could really get behind that too! :wlol

I have made 33 six inch squares.

Given all that I had going on over this time, it is not bad.

I hope to be ready in January to really make a push for it.

I can't host such a thing but I was wondering about maybe having a baby hats challenge as a change from squares some time?

yes?/ no?

I could really get behind that too! :wlol

That's not a bad idea, Darski. I have alot of baby yarn I really need to use up. If I can find out what all is involved, maybe I could head it up. (after the holidays, of course) I know our charities don't need to take a back burner to anything else, but I am trying to make christmas presents, as I know many of us are.

Archived