6 Day Charity Square-A-Long (Nov. 16th-21st)!

LavenderBear

Hi everyone,

I didn't get a chance to do much yesterday I was kinda busy. I made 7 more for a total of 22 so far. I'll be doing some today in between cleaning and laundry and have to go out for a little while. I think I'll be giving mine to a local nursing home, we have a couple of them around here.

Everbody is doing Great!!!! :cheer Keep up the good work!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
211 done as of this am

WOW! WTG!

I got a total of 11 done yesterday (10 8 inch and 1 6 inch) Which brings my total to 14 6 inches and 10 8 inches. 24 all together! Not too bad, I'm hoping to get at least 10 10 inch ones done today, we will see!

Melissa,

Aren't you afraid of causing a fire with the yarn moving that fast off the hook?:fire:laughroll:haha

I would also be interested in how many skeins you busted in the end...

PS How much coffee does one need to be at your level :coffee or are you speedy :hyper

:wink All said with love:manyheart great job.

Kelly

Hello everyone! I have NOT started one square yet today, but I have gotten a chunk of homework done!! I plan to work on squares tonight after more homework is completed and I have my home all blessed! I may have set too high of a goal for this round, but I'll keep plugging and make as many as I'm able! EVERY square is an accomplishment, so I'm JUST FINE with however many I do end up with by the end!! :manyheart

How are all of you this weekend?! For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving, are you the cook this time around or do you get to attend someone else's feast?! :pilgrimAt this moment it is in limbo whether or not we will have one of our daughters and her boyfriend with us. Either way, I am making :tdance and the fixins for me and my hubby! And the leftovers will be GREAT - for less daily cooking and more studying time, right?! :yes

Be back later! Time to put CHRISTmas music on again!! :ctree

Well I got my hook into the yarn and have 15 done so far. I'm not finished yet but just needed a break. I do have to work on BICO as well so I'm trying to organize my times for each. busy, busy, busy,

It's looking good so far for the totals. Must check with craftygirl and see what she is doing...

Well, I got 14 done today for a total of 28 for the first 3 days. Way more than I thought I could do. For those who haven't been able to make alot, just remember, even 1 helps. Have a good night. See y'all tomorrow.:D

I feel like a slow-poke with all these speedy crocheters around!:lol I only completed one more square today, got a little sidetracked making christmas gifts. My total so far is 7 12 inch squares. I'm going to have to work double time these next few days!

I am FINALLY heading to bed after studying for HOURS! I only made 4, 6.5" squares today, but I'm HAPPY I got those done with all of the homework I have!! :hook Just 4 more weeks and I will have a WHOLE MONTH of free-time to crochet, knit, scrapbook, or whatever!!!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone!!! We are at the halfway mark, or further for some!! We can do it!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Heading for my bed so I can be relatively rested for tomorrow's studies! There are NOT enough hours in the days sometimes! But we do our best with those we have, right?! :yes

Good morning/afternoon/evening to those joining us today for day 4 of our charity square-a-long! :yay

I will be working on squares in between TONS of homework today! It's GREAT to see my pile growing, square by square!! I should have enough made by the end of this round to put together three lapghans for the Veterans, not including a few rows of trimming!

Just to let you know I will NOT be hosting a charity square-a-long next month due to holidays, finances, and time! If someone else would like to step in and host it, by all means GO FOR IT!! It's up to you what you would like to send for prizes, and I have three more of Vickietoria's gifts that I can send to you to put with the winner's packages, if you'd like (THANKS again to her for making and donating these!)!!

Let's see how many squares we can get made today?! Go, team, go! :cheer

I feel like a slow-poke with all these speedy crocheters around!:lol I only completed one more square today, got a little sidetracked making christmas gifts. My total so far is 7 12 inch squares. I'm going to have to work double time these next few days!

Don't feel bad, that's what I did on friday & my squares are only 6 1/2".

I'm not very fast either. I just keep telling myself though that every square I make is one more square towards something that wouldn't be there if we didn't pitch in.

Today though, I plan on staying in my pj's all day, doing laundy, and making squares. We will see how well my children like that idea though.

Hi everyone,

I only did 8 squares yesteday and 6 squares today (I was watching the football game, Browns vs. Steelers, too bad we lost :( It was close but we lost it in the end).

My total so far is 36.

Keep up the good work everbody! :cheer:clap:cheer

See you all tomorrow :D

Hello! :hi

I got another 5 squares done today after I got over 10 hours of homework done! I am SO ready for bed and will be at school most of the day tomorrow. I plan to get a few squares done before, in between or after classes! :yes

We are doing GREAT!!!! :applause And, YES, I would LOVE to see some :photo of the squares and/or finished projects if you'd like to post them here!

Talk to you tomorrow . . . just TWO MORE DAYS for this round!!! We can do it!! :ghug

Hi Everyone,

Well its Monday night here and I have done 33 squares so far.

I have put a photo on here to show what I have done so far. I crocheted 2 squares of the same color then I am putting them with a darker color and sewing them together which then in turn will have a black border and will be crocheted together.

I hope to get 3 more done so I can make this blanket complete and it will be going to the old aged home for them to use.

I will post my final total tomorrow night

Keep up the good work everyone:cheer :yay:clap

my squares

Melissa, You rock:2rock

I for one have a total of 19 squares and it is back to work for me today. I will work on them tonight though and don't know how much time I will have tomorrow as my daughter has dance class tomorrow night.

Everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work. :yay

7 on Saturday & 25 more last nght. Weekends are kinda rough around here, hopefully I'll be able to get something accomplished today!

Awesome amounts of squares are being produced here!! :yay

Hello again! I made 3 squares before my first class and am in between classes right now! I plan to make at least 2 more before I go to bed tonight, but I'm HOPING I will be able to make MORE!! ;)

Keep up the GREAT work!!! I can't wait to see how many squares we've made altogether this round!! Don't forget to post the sizes of your squares too! THANKS! :hook

Archived