6 Day Charity Square-A-Long (Nov. 16th-21st)!

LavenderBear

Hello! I am giving over a week's notice for our next Charity Square-A-Long! After reading all of the suggestions from the first three we've done, here is what I've decided for our next one! :yay

It will run from November 16th (Thursday) through November 21st (Tuesday)! This will give us 4 weekdays and 2 weekend days, which should be helpful for all participating! :clap This will also take place before the Thanksgiving holiday, for those who celebrate it!

Our top square amount total was during the 3 Day Square-A-Long that we just completed in October! With all but a few who didn't post, we completed 873 squares! It was suggested that we shoot for 2,000 for our total this next time around! Do you think we can do it?! :cheer:yes:cheer

Get those hooks warmed up and your yarn gathered!! The 16th will be here before you know it! :yes

NOTE: Some of you are more comfy with shorter times, so DON'T feel like you HAVE to participate all 6 days! Remember, one square is a help in the right direction to someone in need!!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me in again..6 days oh my what is my house going to look like when I an done...LOL

LOL!!!

Here's what I do, I do a square or two, then tidy a room, do another square or two, tidy another room, it at least keeps down the damage! LOL!

Hello! :hook I'm HAPPY to see that we're getting geared up to participate already! :h5 I've decided that I'm going to be working on either 8" or 12" squares for Veterans during this next square-a-long. :scrachin I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a mixture of basic granny squares and flowered centered ones http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/granny-needs.html for the female lapghans and a mixture of camouflage and solid squares for the male ones! Now to hunt down the yarn I'm going to use and set it aside for next week! :yarn:autumn:yarn

I have been thinkiing about this since I signed up and I think I should say that I don't expect to be able to do as much as I did the last time. this is not a lot of time for me to get resources together to give to charitable squares.

don't get me wrong, almost all of what I make goes to charitable causes but every square made takes away from scarf and hat production. Scarves and hats are much more necessary to our Winters than are lapghans that nobody seems to want so I can't guarantee that I will get more than the rest of my grey squares done this time.

My resources are limited and I have to husband them in the best way that I can.

I have been thinkiing about this since I signed up and I think I should say that I don't expect to be able to do as much as I did the last time. this is not a lot of time for me to get resources together to give to charitable squares.

don't get me wrong, almost all of what I make goes to charitable causes but every square made takes away from scarf and hat production. Scarves and hats are much more necessary to our Winters than are lapghans that nobody seems to want so I can't guarantee that I will get more than the rest of my grey squares done this time.

My resources are limited and I have to husband them in the best way that I can.

That's ok. Anything you can do will help. Do you have a Project Linus group up there? They always seem to know of those in need!

don't get me wrong, almost all of what I make goes to charitable causes but every square made takes away from scarf and hat production. Scarves and hats are much more necessary to our Winters than are lapghans that nobody seems to want

I guess I am lucky my shelters here are always looking for ghans guess it is just colder around here and people will take anything you give them

as for me you can count me in no little gouling outing this time more time to crochet:hook

I guess I am lucky my shelters here are always looking for ghans guess it is just colder around here and people will take anything you give them

as for me you can count me in no little gouling outing this time more time to crochet:hook

I think that the shelters would like to have covers for residents rather than have scarves, though I am doing so scarves for a school that needs them. I am worried about the shelters. I plan on making some more squares to donate to you to help your cause. I have been a victim and know how much knowing that someone cared enough to make me something to provide comfort

I live is a small city (50,000) and we don't have a shelter. Our Mission does do meals and stuff and will gladly take hats and scarves for those who come to them. I have committed to make these for them.

I am also committed to making hats, sweaters and blankies for our local pregnancy support centre. If I make 6 inch squares that won't make hats, sweaters or blankies then there will not be yarn to make what is needed.

This is suddenly not being fun. My concern was that this next event came too quickly after the last one and I don't have the resources on hand that some of you may have. Finished one last week; doing one next week is just a bit tough on a limited stash. I could just do junk squares I guess but I think charities deserve our best

I don't think any of my squares are junk squares they are simply but they work up fast . That is what I can do right now but my local charity loves them all the same and I have always said if you need a place to donate send the squares to me I will put them together and send them to a worthy charity.

I have time on my hand my kids are homeschool and after giving assigments and exsplaining I crochet till they need help in doing so I teach my youngest to count and her colors

I am new to this board. What do you do when you agree to crochet so many granny squares? Are there charities that you do these for & is it set up ahead of time? Thankyou for the help. Lavenia:blush

I am new to this board. What do you do when you agree to crochet so many granny squares? Are there charities that you do these for & is it set up ahead of time? Thankyou for the help. Lavenia:blush

Actually it is a challange to see who can make the most squares in a given amount of time this time it is for six days as for charities you can do them to donate to a charity of your own or I myself will take any squares people make and don't have a charity to donate them to and make them up into blankets then will post a pick when they are done before sending them on to the local abuse shelter here:manyheart

Hello everyone! I see more of you are making it over to this thread to get geared up for our next charity square-a-long! This is GREAT news! :yay

As for why this one is happening so soon after the last one, I was unable to get the last one going until the very end of October, and this one I am doing before Thanksgiving so it doesn't conflict with the upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving, for those of us who celebrate it! My apologies to those of you who may not be able to participate so quickly after the last one! This is to be a FUN adventure, so don't feel any pressure to participate EVERY month or as much as you have in the past, or anything else that might be a discouragement! :no It will break my heart to know that I have caused anyone to be discouraged! It's not about how many or how often you participate, but that you have a GOOD time in the process! If you are not able to participate but would still like to be a part in some way, be a cheerleader for us! :cheer We've had a few of those during the first three and it was FUN for both them and for us!!

With that said, let's please have FUN with this square-a-long!!! :ty

Archived