6 Day Charity Square-A-Long (Nov. 16th-21st)!

LavenderBear

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a couple of squarees done today but Ihave a dozen other things on the go that need attention. I also have to figure out what to do with one set of squares - to join or not to join; that is the question.

I'm hoping the weekend will be better for this.

I think everyone is doing great. It's not all about the numbers. It is the commitment to work at it and that all seems to be showing thru. Just keep up the work you can do.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. How do you measure your squares? I just measured one of mine.....now if I measured end to end its 6" but if I measure side to side its 5". Which is correct?

As you can tell I am new and I don't generally do granny squares because of this.

Thx in advance,

You measure it from one side to another side.

Welcome to Day # 2 of our charity square-a-long! :cheer I'm going to be in and out of the house today, but I'll be crocheting in between and possibly on the go! I was thinking last night of the Veteran lapghans I'll be making with this month's squares and how I'll be giving them to one of our Metro Detroit Crafter members at our December meeting! Then I got to thinking of our next month's round and how I'll be making squares for the baby afghans needed for another local charity that one of our other members is heading up! Anyway, what I'm saying is that it's NEAT to ponder what the squares are going to be turning into and how making each one contributes to the items needed to bless others! It was a FUN thing to think about as I was nodding off to sleep last night! :yes

What are YOU turning your squares into for this round?! :yarn

Hi Suzanne, well its 11.24pm friday night here and I need to go to bed.

I have only done 12 squares so far. Thought I would have more done by now. Tomorrow is saturday and that means I have all day to crochet so Ill see how I go.

Goodnight from downunder.

I am still looking for a recipient for my squares but I figure God has a use for them somewhere so i willl keep at it.

I really have to send a great big thank you to Shari. she was so sweet as to send me some beautiful yarn that I can use for these squares. What a sweetheart eh?

Yah gotta love a place that is dedicated to RAOK's

I have been thinking that I might just start working to make stuff for our local humane society shelter. The colours I have available but those from Shari would be lovely for the little ones (or big ones) there.

I think I should call them today and see. Thanks for the nudge.

I got 13- 6 inch squares done last night, I was busy all day, but I got to sit and crochet all evening, and that's what I accomplished!

I've got 1- 6 inch and 3- 8 inch done so far today! And I have MOST of the day to crochet, tomorrow, I have ALL day! Can't wait!!!

We are doing a wonderful job ladies! Keep up the good work!:cheer

I've almost got 10 squares done today! Once I finish the tenth square that will probably be it for the night, Going to scrapbook with friends tonight!

I am up to 128 6 " squares...been working during the times I need a break from thread. That means so far I can give 3 small blankets to the Salvation Army for Christmas presents. I probably won't get as many done the rest of the time as I plan on being out of town for a while

I have 52 done and might get a few more done. I have planned to make as many blanket as I can before the dec 15 when the Salvation army handy out christmas package to the less fortune. I think they are the real winners here

Ok 0 (zero) for today , dang DH wanted my attention......:devil ...well he wanted to go out for dinner

I remembered late last night and only got 2-12" squares done and 1-6" square done. :blush

I will (and I mean it family!!!) be working on squares this weekend, I am also doing squares for Project Rest Assured and I pledge 12 for this weekend....:yes Looks like I need to get to steppin...:yes ..:hook

Kelly

PS Ladies and gentlemen keep those hooks flying:cheer and yarn a spinning

WOW - you guys have been BUSY today!!!! :h5

I made 9 squares today, even though I had planned to make 12. But that's okay because I'm happy with the 9 I did make, will add them to the 12 I made yesterday, and still have 4 more days to reach my goal of 72!!

Keep up the GREAT work!! And THANKS to all of the cheerleaders :cheer we have here, both doing the CAL and not! We are a GREAT group!! :ghug

Signing off for the night so I can be well rested for A LOT of homework and MORE charity square making tomorrow! Nite! :hug

Ok, so I'm not progressing as I'd hoped (what else is new?):blush

I've *downsized* to 6" squares this round... I only finished 7 yesterday (curse having to work!):devil And 42 of them today. And once I get them put together, I too am sending these to the VA Hosp. Awesome numbers so far Ladies! :yes

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. How do you measure your squares? I just measured one of mine.....now if I measured end to end its 6" but if I measure side to side its 5". Which is correct?

As you can tell I am new and I don't generally do granny squares because of this.

Thx in advance,

The square should be 6 inches when measured from top to bottom, and side to side. In other words, each side of the square should be equal in length.

Hello Everyone,

Thx in advance,

The square should be 6 inches when measured from top to bottom, and side to side. In other words, each side of the square should be equal in length.:cheer

Hi everyone! I wanted to be a cheerleader and say everyone is doing AMAZINGLY well!! :) I'm on vacation right now, at HOME, in Alabama visiting family for Thanksgiving. My 7 month old is asleep in bed, and I'm about to be, with my hubby out visiting a friend since elementary school. I'm sad to say I haven't crochetted in a while, but I will again soon. Family first, right? :) Well, everyone is doing great! I hope someone will post pictures! I'd really love to see the ghans that everyone is making this time around.

Well, it's getting very late, and I'm going to bed. Good job everyone!!!

Victoria

Archived