6 Day Charity Square-A-Long (Nov. 16th-21st)!

LavenderBear

Well howdy and welcome crocrazy - fresh blood for our charity CAL. oooh

we make up squares to be used for lapghans or whatever. some of us make up the useful items and some send the squares to others who want them to make up.

We do any sort of charity from animal shelters to senoirs homes.

the squares have to be at least 6 inches to be counted in the final tally.

We are shooting for 2,000 this time out.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I FINALLY got in again tonight! :clap Not sure what the deal was, but it kept saying my password was wrong, even though it's stored in my computer! Anyway, we are just HOURS away from our start - - except for those in other parts of the world (like Aussie) where it is already Thursday there!! How many hours are YOU away from starting in your part of the world?! For me it is just 3.5 hours!!! :applause:jumpyay:woo

My daughter's kitty, Ciara, :catis going to help me again! She LOVES to help me both crochet and compute!!! Pretty soon Lucy, our NEW dog, :dog will figure out her place in the production, while the other kitty, :cat Nacho, will be supervising!!

:welcometo our NEWBIES!! We are HAPPY :hi to have you with us!! We have a lot of FUN here, and you will too!! :ghug

I've been thinking about signing up for a week now, and now that it is finally Thursday I've decided--I'm in!! This is my first crochet-a-long and I'm excited:clap

its so nice to have new people join us,its lots of fun, this is my third one

it gives me just the push I need to try and get a few more done each day.

My goal this time is 40 - 60 six inch squares.

This time around my squares will be donated to someone in Tn. making lapghans for the elderly and to Project RestAssured

Linda

Good Morning Everyone,

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyayIt's time to start making squares!

I woke up a little earlier than usual this morning, (puppy had to go out :D ) so I got a head start. I have ONE done so far. I'm doing 6" granny squares with Bernat Softee Chuncky in white and pale antique rose (multi-colored squares) with a G hook. I hope to get a lot more done than last time. I think I will shoot for at least 40! :cheer

Welcome to all the newcomers. This is my 2nd charity square-a-long and I love it!:manyheart

Way to go Aussie!!

Thanks Darski, How do I get the info to where to send the squares?

You just ask, I know Lavenderbear and Myself collect squares, as do others on the board. Just pm one of us for the address to send them to.

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. How do you measure your squares? I just measured one of mine.....now if I measured end to end its 6" but if I measure side to side its 5". Which is correct?

As you can tell I am new and I don't generally do granny squares because of this.

Thx in advance,

Happy FIRST day of our challenge to everyone!! :hug I have started and completed my first square, have gotten myself in the shower, and am about to put on a pot of hot tea to really get me geared up! :yes My goal is to make 72 squares in all, by making 12 squares each day! I have TONS of homework to do in between, so I think that's a reasonable number for me! Anyway, I can see some of us have gotten started and I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing each day! Go, team, go!! :cheer

Ok, I've made 6, 10" squares and 3, 6" squares! I plan to make 3 more 6" squares while I watch a little t.v. or read one my fiction books! No textbooks for me until tomorrow or Saturday . . . yeaaaaaaaah!! :clap

Be sure and let us know how you've done today! I'm wondering if setting a group goal might have scared a few people off? :think This round has been SUPER quiet compared to the first three!

Keep up the GREAT work! :cheer

Well, I have 13 6 1/2" squares done today. Don't know if I will work anymore today, but I am happy my numbers. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Sounds like everyone is off to a great start.:cheer

I'm just about done for the night. I'm on my 15th -6" square so far, and that will be the last one for me tonight. :cheer That was my whole total for the last 3 Day Charity Square-Along. :yay

See ya in the morning!

I got the other 3 squares done and made a total of 12 today! :yay

It's GOOD to see you guys posting your totals! Keep up the GREAT work, and let's cheer one another along! :cheer:yarn:cheer

Sweet dreams to those of you hitting the sack :sleep, and good morning to those waking up soon! :sun

Talk to you tomorrow! :waving

I have done 4 1/2 squares that are 6 inches and need to go to bed. I know I won't get much done tomorrow as I work all day and have plans with friends in the evening but no plans for Saturday or Sunday so hopefully I can get a lot done then.

Otherwise, everyone else is doing great. 58 WOW coolhockeymom. GREAT JOB!

Archived