Gingerbread House Purse - xmas stuff

liz31

I wanted to make something cute for the holidays so I made a purse shaped like a gingerbread house. It was alot of work but really fun

http://hautecrochet.com/winter/000_2699.jpg

I didn't write down how I did it but its pretty basic. Its all sc. You make 3 rectangles all the same size for the bottom and sides, then 2 squares that you decrease into triangles for the front and back. Then I cut plastic canvas into the shape of the crochet pieces and sew everything together, with the plastic canvas sewn in to make it hold its shape. For the roof, use the plastic canvas to measure how big you need to cover half the roof. Crochet 2 rectangles to cover each piece of plastic canvas. Sew the crochet rectangles together, sandwiching the plastic canvas into the middle. Once you have both rectangles for the roof finished its time for the icicles and lights. Take a needle thats big enough to thread your yarn through but small enough to fit through your beads and thread 25-30 beads onto your yarn. sc all around the outside of the roof triangle briging 1 bead into every other stitch around 3 sides of the roof piece. The second time around the roof is the icicles which are just picots, ch4 and sl st in 3rd ch from hook. Do this every other stitch on 3 sides. Sew your roof pieces on one side so the roof opens like a hinge. I made a little loop in sc for the front and back so I could add a store bought handle. You can then add Your door, a mini wreath, candy canes and peppermints to make it look festive.

Peppermints- with white ch 4, join w/ sl st to form ring,

ch 3 (counts as 1st dc),dc switching to red, 2 dc with red switching to white.Do 2 dc of each color 4 times. FO.

The peppermints look good in green too.

You will want to line the purse with fabric so you can't see the plastic canvas or any of the stitches on the inside from sewing all your "candy" on. I made a shape like this and hand stitched it inside

shape.jpg

Aw how sweet! But yet, no sugar (or fat, for that matter!) :lol That is so cool! Whoever is the recipient will love it! Are you going to put things inside it, too? :c9

Tina

This has hit a Holiday nerve in a good way for me...I'm gonna have to make one for me...thank you so so much for sharing...

Thank you for the compliments ladies. I actually made a little gingerbread girl to put inside. I used this pattern but instead I put the bow at the top of her head to make her a girl instead.

Thank you so much for the inspiration. That lil gingerbread house is delightful. :clap And the gingerbread girl would make an adorable key ring so that they would coordinate:yay Just wonderful. *my entire kitchen is gingerbread boys and girls..

Bravo

My first Christmas with my hunny he bought me The cutest gingerbread girl and boy they are my pride and joy. (I am partial you see) :c9

:manyheart

Kathy

Archived