Ack! I found this lil albino guy in my tree...

Shell

*lol*

OK... so it's really my test of KristieMN's gorgeous piggyback pals. This is the monkey. It is... HONEST!

He looks a lil pale... I had no brown so I used a linen colour. I think he looks sweet!! I even gave him pink eyes to make him an authentic albino ;) He was made with 4ply cotton so is much smaller than intended by Kristen. I made his arms shorter than her pattern called for due to the fact he wont fit on anyone's back!

Another great pattern from Kristie. Easy to understand and came together well.

monkeyintree.jpgmonkeyonhand.jpg

it was 4ply cotton and a 3mm hook

and I learnt a good lesson! i currently have 2 brands of 4ply cotton. One is Panda Regal and the other is coats Semco Milford. He was made with the Coats one, and I went to do his face in the Panda white. Well... it turns out Panda is quite a bit thicker than the Coats!! Lucky I had Coats in white too or he could have been a UFO for a long time :D

He's super cute! Especially the one he's holding on to your arm. :P Is that a fruit tree? I see red things; are they apples? (I want an apple tree in my yard someday...)

Anyway really good job. :hook

Tina

He's super cute! Especially the one he's holding on to your arm. :P Is that a fruit tree? I see red things; are they apples? (I want an apple tree in my yard someday...)

Anyway really good job. :hook

Tina

Tina it's a native Australian tree, Bottlebrush. You can see more over at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottlebrush Very pretty in flower but very messy too!! I thought what more apt a place to photograph a monkey than in a tree :D I put him on my arm to show size. My 3.5yr ols daughter was looking at me like I was mad!! I guess I am :blush

awwwwwww!!!

I want one! That is sooooo adorable. heck, that's cute overload anerable right there (www.cuteoverload.com). honstly, you should send that second pic into cute overload. Or, you know, just send the monkey to me... (i jest, i jest)

Ah Leah.. if only you could see him today!! The 3yr old claimed him the second he was sewn together and he is filthy!!! I shouldn't have worried about him being a linen colour cos he is well and truly brown now!!

You're an adept crocheter, I bet you'd do a fab interpretation of this. And that website is so cute!! My daughter is going to love all the animals on it.

Thank you to everyone for your comments. KristieMN is the one who deserves the thanks, I couldn't have done it without her pattern :)

Archived