How much do you spend on patterns each month?

Amy

How much do you spend on patterns each month?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you spend on patterns each month?

• $0-$10
    • $11-$20
    • $21-$30
    • $30-$50
    • $50-$75
    • $75-$100
    • More than $100

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't spend much on patterns. I already have quite a few (okay probably more then I will ever make). I definitely spend more money on ink and paper for my printer from printing them from online when I see something I like.

I haven't spent any money yet. When I find a pattern I like and it isn't free then I put it in my "when I'm less poor" list. Right now I'm saving all of my money for yarn and thread and to get the "Crochet Stitch Bible".

I tend to buy crochet magazines when I come across one in Border's. (It's a sickness, I can't stop myself.)

I usually get money for Christmas so I go on a pattern buying spree each spring. I love to support pattern designers! And I've already got a list of patterns I hope to buy next year.

(I have way too many crochet and knit patterns, magazine, and books. I'll never live long enough to make them all but I love to sit and just read patterns, look at the pictures, and add to my list of WIMs.)

In the past I spent a lot of money on patterns but now that I have them all I'm slowing down! :lol It's mostly magazines and books at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't spend much either. Not monthly anyway. If I do buy a pattern, I tend to buy a pattern books or mags and that is like ever 3 or 4 months. Rowan is my favorite (knitting) and it is imported and very pricey. So I stick with local crochet/knitting mags. I also like to get my patterns on line for free and experiement. I suppose when I get better I'll want to buy more patterns.

And I have been spending way too much money lately, between Lion Brand (yarn for Desert Poncho, Lion Brand Suede fringed poncho, pattern is free but yarn (darn it all LOL) isn't), Knitpicks' Telemark Ski sweater, and some Reynolds Saucy sport for a T shirt pattern I found & bought on Patternworks. The number I voted under in the poll is only an average, August was off the scale LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't spend anything on patterns. If I want a pattern, I usually find it on the web for free. If I want a pattern book I get it from the Library. Because I am blind, the National Library for the blind has any book I could possibly want to borrow.

Mel

• 2 months later...

I buy patterns mostly for inspiraion and then make my own designs when I get frustrated at the weird instructions on some of the patterns.

Now with the influx of awesome crochet books and super cheap prices from amazon, the addiction is getting stronger and....must....stop.....buying......:lol

I so, so envy people who can just buy patterns that take their fancy. Hardly any crochet publications are available here in India, and I do not have an international credit card. So I just gaze longingly at advertisements on the net, and do without. What I crave most of all are Patricia Kristofferson's doiley patterns, maybe, one day, I will see them in a bookshop here.

Archived