Another Penguin -posted pattern link

MamaHooks

My hubby LOVES, LOVES penguins. He was upset a few weeks back when a bunch of penguins were killed in an accident in Texas while they were being transported from one zoo to another. He almost cried (he never cries). Anyway, I wanted to make him a penguin that he could stick in his jacket pocket when he was at work (so he would remember that he is loved). So this morning I came up with this little guy. He is 3 1/4" tall. I know nothing massively neat or special about him. I just mindlessly started crocheting this morning and this is what I made.

Pengo1.jpg

Yes, he is tipping, but I just wanted a quick photo of him. I will straighten him up later. Right now I am going to call him Pengo.

Thank you, I can't wait for my hubby to name him. He names all his penguins (all 60+). I am going to type up the very simple pattern and put it on my site soon. The pattern is simple, but my ability to write patterns is still a little rough. :blush

Vickie,

VERY cute and how THOUGHTFUL of you to make this especially for your hubby! :clap

I LOVE the fact that he/she is tipping! Kinda looks like he/she is moving like a penguin does! ;)

I name ALL of my bears, but I don't have near as many of those as your hubby has of penguins!! NEAT!!

Awwwwwww the little penquin is so precious. I wish I didn't read the part about the accident where the precious penquins got killed. That makes me wanna cry too. I love the wildlife and this accident makes me hurt all over. Those poor little things. I'm sure your hubby is going to love having this little one in his pocket! All the love that went into making him....is going to bring you lots of love in return! :hug

I know nothing massively neat or special about him.

Pengo1.jpg

Yes it is it is very special and important to your husband. I too thought that was sad when those penguins were killed as well. I like ur penguin he is cute.

Pengo is the cutest penguin ever - thank you for sharing the pattern. I will definitely be making one for my DH who also loves penguins...

iggie

Archived