Pineapple Doily - Pattern Circa 1956

Crocus58

When I was at about round 10 of this one, I started a thread in the Coffee Shop about finishing patterns you absolutely hated - this was the doily in question. The first 16 rounds are all chains and 1 or 2 trc's - had to force myself back to it - I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, (finally masterd picots!) but I've already discarded the pattern! #10 thread #7 hook

3355CCA5-975F-2B0D-7B42E4B0EA5D375C.jpg

Hope you like it! :hook

the doily pattern can be found at (or at least i believe it is the same)http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/EasyPineapple.html

i did this doily a few months ago. it is a definite must block project. you will be amazed at how different it looks after being blocked. congratulations on finishing it!! i know how hard it is to finish a dreaded project. give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. personally, my dreaded project is still in a bag in the closet after a few years. i wonder if that barbie dress will ever be done...lol

nadine

It's gorgeous!! I bet you are glad now that you persisted with the pattern! I know I'm always most pleased when I finish something that I've been dreading or procrastinating. Those are the ones I always remember the most, not the ones that finished easily

:lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived