What's on your hook for Christmas?

Well, I thought I had my SIL taken care of but my DD insists that the afghan is her's. :lol So since she is insisting, I reckon she will keep it.

I'm making my son a Nine Patch afghan (I'm changing it to a bedspread, cause he asked me too). He chose the colors for it.

I'm working on a Cheer Bear afghan for my daughter. I hope to be able to order the Care bear Pillow pattern's in a couple of weeks. I would really like to make her a couple of pillows to match the afghan.

I have a granny rectangle afghan on hold for the moment, for a niece. My daughter is trying to stake claims to it also. :eek:think:lol

Aren't daughter's wonderful?!?! :lol

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am making this for my MIL for christmas.... started it last night and am moving along quickly and I am really liking it.... might have to make some more for some friends.

I am currently working on an afghan for my parents-in-law.

The other items I will be doing is:

Afghan for my neighbor

Afghan for my brother (he actually requested one)

Afghan for my aunt

A belt for my mom

A set of coasters for my sister

Spa cloth for my grand-mother

A cap for my husband

I'm still trying to decide what to make for my step-mother.

So far, I have made a shopping bag for my sister-in-law, a quilted purse for my sister, a cradle bag for my niece and I'm making every household a set of sparkly snowflake coasters.

I've made a few of Drew Emborsky's wine bottle gift bags. I may make coasters as well & tie them to the bag. I'll make a few ice scraper mitts - IF I find the ice scrapers I bought last year for this. :eek Many scarves, hats (or hooded scarves, they don't blow off walking across campus), fingerless gloves, towel toppers with towels, hot pads, a placemat set, a rug...so far, just lots of quick projects. I just ordered several pattern books so I know there will be a few special things coming out of those.

I am making an afghan for my brother and his wife, their two girls will get a crocheted mini purse with a gift card to Wal Mart. At 8 and 12 they like to pick their own and that is fine by me. Booties for all occasions for my first grandbaby due in two weeks, and not sure about the others in the family. As a student, part time employee, and secretary/treasure for the VFW Auxillary, I don't have as much time to make everything. Wish I did! But then, don't we all?

Hope you all get yours done,

Debra

I have been busy with Christmas for almost 6 months! I help with our local Christmas House bizaar that is held in November. This year I am in charge of the kitchen, so lots of stuff has been made for that, including animal bag holders (grocery bag holders that are my own design), bone stockings, gingerbread houses that cover cottage cheese containers, baskets and more!

For my own Christmas, I am working on a Amish step afghan for my sister. It is black with occasional stripes of red, blue, gold and green. I am thinking about making a rug for my husband who wants a big one for the bathroom. Not bad considering I'm blind! I love it, though (not being blind, being busy)!

Oh man. This list almost makes me want to hide.

• scarf ~ Aunt D (finished this one)
  • scarf ~ Uncle M
  • towels w/towel toppers ~ Grandma
  • scarf ~ Mom (finished this one yesterday)
  • scarf ~ sister R
  • scarf ~ sister J
  • placemat/trivet set ~ sister J
  • cardigan ~ niece A
  • Hak..... bag ~ "niece" H (I don't know how to spell it, but most of y'all probably know what I'm talking about anyway)
  • Cupcake purse ~ goddaughter E
  • hoodie ~ goddaughter E
  • scarf ~ "niece" C
  • cardigans ~ "nephews" J and J (brothers; not the same name, just initial)
  • scarf ~ "niece" T
  • shawl ~ BFF
  • name pillows (also thinking about making them into hot water bottle covers) for all of my own kids
  • cardigans for my 2 youngest

There are a lot of scarves in there, but they're all different. And all the kids I'm making cardigans for? They're all under the age of 8, so they're actually pretty small projects.

The plan for this year was to make everybody something small. (Hence all the scarves!) IF I have time after getting all of these done (and if I keep going at the rate I've been going so far, I'll actually GET them all done), then I might consider something bigger/more complicated for a few extra-special people. ('Cuz they're all special to me... if they weren't, I wouldn't be putting all this time and energy into making them all Christmas presents!)

Wow, I'm so impressed with everyone's projects! I'm working on an afghan for my MIL, she's a Christmas decoration addict but doesn't have any Christmas styled blankets, so I'm doing a snowman pattern quilt-ghan. If I can get it finished, I'd like to try some tree decorations as well.

I am starting a shawl for a Xmas gift for a friend. Finally got the yarn on sale. Hope I complete it by Xmas (this year). Also, an afghan (small one). I better learn to chrochet in my sleep.

I'm making so far bun covers for DD's dance team for her to give to them... in Bernat's "Glow in the Dark" pink... then on to bookmarks for all the kids' teachers! Then will have to figure out who else is getting what lol...

Well, originally I had thought I wanted to make an afghan for all my brothers and sisters and my parents and my grandmother......HA HA!! That has now been downsized to just my grandmother!! I have five brothers and sisters, so yeah a little over the top thinking there!! I am doing a RR for my grandmother in blues and greens.

I plan to make most of my immediate family members an amigarumi of some sort (ones that are suited to them). My sister's getting a lion, my mom is getting a koala, my dad will get a pug and I might make a moose for my brother... if I can figure out the antlers. I'd like to make either a pumpkin or a little monster for a friend of mine. I might make the pumpkin to give her for Halloween and save the monster for Christmas. They work up very quickly, so that won't be a problem.

I've also been on the look out for larger, simple patterns for them and others. So far, I found a pattern for a hooded scarf that I'll make for my sister. I think she'll like that. I might make a blanket for my dad, since I know he gets cold when he's on dialysis. Then he'll be able to alternate between that one and the one Mom knit him a couple years ago. :yarn

Well so far I have completed 2 felted purse organizers, and about two thirds of a wardrobe of 18" doll clothes (thank you Darski) and a Shawler and a pineapple shawl. I need to do some fingerless gloves, and 3 scarves and at least one more shawl and a lapghanand complete the doll clothes. That should keep me busy till Christmas

this year everyone on my list gets a potholder, a dish cloth, a ceramic frog and chocolate... these are small projects that i can hide in my purse.. other than the frogs, and i can sneak those out to the kiln unnoticed i'm sure.

:hugI have 2 1/2 rows left on a purple rr for granddaughter. When it's finished I'll post a pic. I'll then be making slippers for all the ladies--by popular demand. I'm not sure about the guys this year. Maybe I'll just (choke, gasp, empty wallet syndrome) buy them something.

• 2 weeks later...

I may make picture calendars this year but last year I crocheted everyone tissue box covers.

crochettbcoverskn2.jpg

Ooh I love these! I have a triangle shawl on the hook right now but I'm also going to be some simple one skein projects for the holidays such as scarves and hats. And I'm going to try my hand, er hook, at slipper socks.:eek

Archived