What's on your hook for Christmas?

Well to be honest I just started Crochet a few days ago... My mother tried to teach me when I was seven years old but alas, that was almost 14 years ago and I was too impatient... Well actually, I was a brat who didn't want to learn to crochet unless I could pick the color of yarn. I was, and still am very attracted to multi colored yarns, particularly pastels. I did find a really bright multi colored one I like so much that I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon and last night crocheting a blanket for my God Daughter. I guess it's just that because of my lack of attention span that the multi colors appeal to my brain, because it's constantly changing color on the same bit of yarn that I can focus more...

But I am hoping to have this blanket done by Christmas and the way I'm going, it seems like I just might have it done by then if I crochet every single day... My sister was going to learn too, as well as my nieces, but it seems my Sister is better suited for knitting, whilst I am the one who can pick up a crochet hook, some yarn, watch one single you tube tutorial and pretty much do a really good job without really trying... I really hope my God Daughter likes it...I wanna use yellow or some other bright color to put her name in on the bottom of the blanket. I'm already working over the way to do it in my head... Well I'm gonna go and do some household chores now so that my Crocheting time is uninterrupted... Except for maybe a trip to the store for more Crochet hooks and yarn... I wanna get a set like my Mother had/has (It's probably in storage... I wonder now if she'd let me have her set now that I've gotten so into Crochet... I mean it's not like she can use them. She's legally blind now as far as I know... That reminds me, I should try calling her and see how she's doing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if it counts, but for Christmas my goal is to teach my 8 year old to crochet. She's at the "gee that looks fun can I try it" stage, but gets frustrated easily.

Other than that, I'm hoping for small projects to use up the extra yarn in my stash that is left over from other projects over the years. Doll clothes, probably. And some hats for my babies :).

Marcy

Scarves, hats, lapghans and mittens for charities. Kitchen sets, Bathroom sets, baby sets, doilies, afghans, amigurumi nativity sets, purses and ties for gifts. Also some clothing like tops and sweaters for close family members.

Archived