What's on your hook for Christmas?

Every year I get a wish list for hats, scarves and mittens...assorted colors and patterns...now I feel I am not alone making things in the summer for the winter...what a great place to be!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am frantically trying to finish up wip's that are for summer so that I can be organized to start up my christmas in july planning. Every summer I plan what I will make for Christmas and set myself up a very flexible goal schedule to assure I get done in time. Usually I am done way way early and end up doing all sorts of extras. This year I have already started hooking a few things, mostly samples of new ideas for the holidays, apple doilies, apple bookmarks and apple pencil puffs for teachers and daycare providers. (We had staff appreciation week recently at my childs school and we made- yes we, my 4 yr old gd sits on my lap and holds the hook, sunglasses cases from lion brand suede and also water bottle holders in cotton and all the teachers were crazy about them). I need to decide what to make for friends and a few family members too.

A crocheted quilt for my son and daughter-in-law, I believe it's 570 squares and I'm using 4 colors. Got the pattern idea from the HappyYellowHouse website that's always advertised on c'ville. Check it out if you haven't already.

~Lynne~

• 2 weeks later...

Have.to.stop.reading....:blink More :idea than I can handle. Now I HAVE to make stockings! I have been trying to find a pattern for a tree skirt. I have one but it is for a small tree. I have a 6ft tree and want a tree skirt fot it. Any ideas??

Well I always say that I am going to make some gifts for xmas..this year I am going to go it! Everyone in my family appreciates handmade gifts. And such a money saver!

After I am done with the baby blanket for a co worker I am going to start on a blanket for my sweetie (and maybe a hat and scarf). In between hiding that I wil be making making dolls and purses (matching change purse) for dtr and some jewelry to go in it. pillows and toys for my son - boys are so hard I might just be buying him something. Everything I get for mine I have to match for friends kids. Pluse Kristies little things for stocking stuffers and friends at school. Something for mom - she is crocheter too...I was thinking a magic ball. ARRGG!!! I have more and more. Grandparents....in-laws...

I am working on this tree skirt pattern from Michaels.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e04573&categoryid=29

I am about 1/2 way through the skirt it's self. It's fun to make.

I want to make some stockings also:)

I LOVE IT! :yay Its perfect for me. I want some stockings too. I wish I could get this baby blanket done so I can start ALL my other projects.

It is that time already? I have gotten my patterns together to start my xmas presents but need to start ASAP but have been busy making dishcloths to sell at my daughters band booster concession in the fall. My husband wants me to make him a sweater, I have various dishcloths to make, an Oriole tissue box with baseball coasters, a cat illusion scarf, nautical shell coasters with table runner and tons of tiny stuffed toys for my great niece, a snowbaby dragon for my friend, a few quillos...Oh my gosh, better get started.

I work in a retirement community. Every year for Christmas the employees pick name of residents to give them "Angel" presents. Also there is the gift swap. Every year I make baskets of "smelly stuff." Lion Brand yarn has this new organic cotton blend yarn and patterns for washcloths and bath mitts that I might make instead of the traditional "poofy."

Everyone makes me feel so overwhelmed! I just finished making accents for my and my girls' Ren Garb (pouches, sashes, stockings, etc) and finishing up some donation hats for the hospital. Aaaaugh! I now have to think about Christmas/Yule :) I will probably finish up the wool lap throw for my Dad and make some slippers for my girls. I'd make a hat for my brother but he can't stand stocking caps :( Maybe I'll make a shawl or something else useful for my Ex. (Or I could just send her a big box of 12 skiens of yarn and a new hook with a note saying "Was thinking of you, but didn't know what you needed. Merry Christmas!)

I've finished one afghan for my grandfather. Its made of 27 swirly octagons whipstitched together. I am going to start a ripple afghan for my grandmother soon as my non-portable project. As soon as I finish up a floopy friend bear (got the pattern from Kristie) for my daughter, I am going to start scarves and slippers for my mother and 3 sisters. Busy!:hook

Right now I'm finishing up the 63 Cable Stitches Afghan for a friend for Christmas and plan to start another afghan from a kit I got LAST Christmas from Hersschners (I think it's called Branches and Bobbles or something like that). It's in this Barn Red color that I just detest, but I'm hoping by the time I'm done with it I'll be able to think of someone to give it to who might LOVE this color...

Well I don't have any crochet projects planned for xmas yet...but I did order some pretty yarn yesterday for a few scarf gifts....but I'm thinking I'll be knitting those....haven't decided yet...lol

I haven't started the projects but I have made decisions. I'm way better off this year than last. I'll make several hat/scarf sets, soft toys, pillows, and a shawl or two.

Also hope to make a bunch of snowflakes for decorations.

Valerie

You really had to ask!!haha

Well-- a couple afgans -scarfs-pillows (alphabet)

plus a couple dish cloths and towels for a future greandaughter in law next year.

Maybe some of it will get done --kinda slow right now and the heat has made me lose some ambition

Vreni

I am making most of the christmas presents... like toys, scrunchies, afghans and and and... and i already started right after christmas... THX to a good friend i keep busy... ;)

we dont do the commercial christmas in our house.. but we have like 30 ppl here for christmas all our friends

I am working on a dishcloth right now....and I have a TON of them to make. I also have several scarves left to make and if I have time, I would like to make my Granny an afghan (I am doubting this will happen more and more everyday).

I have a few potholders to finish up. And I am on my second shawl. All these are Christmas gifts. In between I am making gifts for a tons of babies that are being born this year. And I am going to start on some items to donate to the children's hospital here in town soon. I am keeping myself busy!

nothing on hook yet, got other projects to finish yet, but planning on making a graph scarf for DH, and a wedding stole for my FSIL

My MIL is always hot, so I'll probably just make her a scarf or two. One of my nieces is an LSU fan, so I will be making a scarf for her in LSU purple and run gold ribbon through it. My husband will not wear yarn, so I don't have to make him anything.

My parents aren't speaking to me (I got pregnant in April and they suggested I have an abortion, so we're not exactly in agreement. I lost the baby anyway. Don't know if they even know) so I guess I don't have to make them anything.

For me, I'd like to make a Christmas tree skirt.

:hook

Laura

I'm planning a patriotic afghan for my hubby for Christmas. I'll try to buy the yarn today (sale at AC Moore :yay ) and figure out how to hide it and get it done without him figuring out what I'm doing :yes He works the graveyard shift so I'll try to work on it while he's snoozing :devil Think I'll toss a copy of HP7 into the room and while he's got his snout in there I'll hide the yarn :devil

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone.new to this site. i am making round ripple afghans for everyone for xmas. i have made a stack of them.so fun.i made myself stop.now i am making cluster ripples.so that is my latest...for the holidays and i suppose i will make everyone slippers.hugs rae-dean

(Or I could just send her a big box of 12 skiens of yarn and a new hook with a note saying "Was thinking of you, but didn't know what you needed. Merry Christmas!)

Yoo Hoo!!!!! Over here!!! If your ex doesn't appreciate that gift it can be sent my way. :hook I would love to get a box like that. :manyheart I would be on :c9 for a long time.

Archived