What's on your hook for Christmas?

I started another project this past weekend - my first afghan. I've had the Q hook for two years and it was still in its wrapper. I went to Michael's and got six skeins of the Homespun in the Deco color. So far it's going pretty darn smooth. I may make another one.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! I can´t believe you are soooooooo organized that you are thinking about Christmas gifts in July!!! And ... coolhockeymom: are you going to crochet an afghan for every member of your family? WOW

:sheepxmasThinking it over again... you´re right... Maybe it´s a good idea to start in advance... maybe I start organizing myself too! :manyheart

I'm working on Crochet Dude's afghan (Crochet-a-Day 2006) for my mom. I will probably make something for my friend Lizzy, I just can't decide what yet:think . I'm also going to make all my young girl cousins some dolls, no idea for the boys :( .

~Kayla~

wow i really haven't thought about it! probably dishtowels and slippers for my mom, afghan i've been working on for my boyfriend, slippers for my dad and i'm at a loss for my brother, looks like he gets storebought

Has anybody started with their holiday crocheting yet? I have two WIPs on the hook right now - a drawstring purse and a beaded bracelet for my 11 yo DD. I'm thinking about trying socks for the first time as she has told me for the past year that she wanted some funky-looking socks. So we shall see. :sheepxmas

I finished 3 X-Mas stockings and am into a 4th. I hope to get a couple dozen done by Nov. A thrift store here sells paintings from a local artist along with good used clothes etc. Maybe I can make a little axtra cash. I donate them if they don't want them. There's got to be a charity that fills stockings for kids somewhere. :think Ellie 13

Fat bottom purses and manly scarves/hats. I'm too busy making other crafts for a craft fair dec. 1st. Oh, and I'm having a baby in Sept. so that's probably going to put a kibosh on any extra crochet time.

Onica

:faintI guess it's not that far away...is it?! :ctree

1. I found a pattern for a Christmas Tree Skirt that I want to make for SIL, I have noticed the past three years she doesn't have one. It should work up fast(crossing fingers):hook .

2. I want to make Mom one of those hats with the scarf attached.:yarn

3. Would like to make hubby a sweater(since he keeps dropping hints).

4. I know I will never have the time to finish it, but if I work the crazy, I wanted to make another SIL the wedding ring afghan. Using the colors from their wedding(this is at the bottom of the list for a reason)!

I'm overwhelmed by what I want to make for Christmas this year. My parents and my hubby's parents are both divorced, so there are many step parents and siblings in addition to our moms/dads/siblings.

But I'm going to start with making 3 stockings for myself, my DH and DS. And I want to make a tree skirt.

Then for gifts, I'm thinking maybe some shawls/wraps for the ladies and touque/scarf/mitten sets for the men. I have my eyes open for patterns I like!

My sister (I hope she doesn't read this!) is getting a beaded purse. I'm making a shawl for a friend, and I hope to have time to make a short table runner for another friend. Ack! :eek And Christmas is only, what?, four months from now?

Definitely Afghans are too much! I've taken to making them with the right person in mind and saving them for x-mas gifts. I will definitely be making hats and scarves. I have this problem though..."Big bulky Bikkie" I found somebody's pattern on the internet for this ghan. Its basically worked with 2 strands mixed up stripes in DC...HUGE....The one I started seems to be the favorite WIP of all my family...they are all asking me "who's that for?"...so...now to decide who to give it to, because I'll NEVER have more than one completed by X-mas...its an unbelievably huge ghan. I'm going to keep checking this sticky to see what everyone else has going on because I need some quick works...lord knows I'm expected to come through with hand made items for christmas.

Well, we draw names on my husband's side so if I draw my MIL the she gets the 63 squares afghan, if not she gets it for her birthday on 12/17. Then I think purses for my DD and DIL, scarves for my 2 brothers since they live in the northwest, and probably slippers for my 2 sons. the little grandkids will get toys, and the 2 bigger ones will probably get a wearable.

Oh and comfort packs for the 7 people in my office. Guess I better get really busy huh.

I'd like to make afghans/lapghans for people for Christmas. I know so many people having babies before Christmas, so that has taken up most of my time.

Hopefully I can get those baby things out of the way and start on Christmas gifts.

So much to do, so little time... *sigh*

I've made many things for my gr-daughters school sale, fingerless gloves,cuffs,small pouches for cell phones , scarves and cradle purses. For the other 2 gr-daughters will make some shrugs, purses and alphabet pillows, they are 3 and 4 yrs old and live in Arizona, no need for scarves!

Has anybody started with their holiday crocheting yet? I have two WIPs on the hook right now - a drawstring purse and a beaded bracelet for my 11 yo DD. I'm thinking about trying socks for the first time as she has told me for the past year that she wanted some funky-looking socks. So we shall see.

I'm learning to crochet so I can make my five year old grandson an afghan made with camo yarn. He told me he wants a snuggly afghan & I fold like a cheap tent. Wish me luck!

Karen

Definitely Afghans are too much! I've taken to making them with the right person in mind and saving them for x-mas gifts. I will definitely be making hats and scarves. I have this problem though..."Big bulky Bikkie" I found somebody's pattern on the internet for this ghan. Its basically worked with 2 strands mixed up stripes in DC...HUGE....The one I started seems to be the favorite WIP of all my family...they are all asking me "who's that for?"...so...now to decide who to give it to, because I'll NEVER have more than one completed by X-mas...its an unbelievably huge ghan. I'm going to keep checking this sticky to see what everyone else has going on because I need some quick works...lord knows I'm expected to come through with hand made items for christmas.

I remembered seeing this as well, thanks to Google, I found the website http://pumamouse.com/crochetbigbulkybikkie.html

I think this would be fun and funky as a stash busting project, kinda like the "magic ball" method, just reach in to your stash, grab any 2 yarn colors and go!

Tina

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm, I still have an afghan to finish for Grammy, one I told my best friend I'd give her for her birthday (LAST December!:oops ), scarves for my niece and nephew, a blanket for my nephew, a blanket for a pregnant friend (the shower is this weekend:blush ), a scarf for my MIL's birthday, a stole to wear to a friend's wedding, and I'm working on preemie caps to donate to the hospital. All of that before I can even think about the holidays! Whew! Looks like I'll be hitting up Target...It just breaks my heart, so much :yarn , so little time! :dreaming

I'm working on finishing up a lap blanket for my Mom for Christmas. This will be just one of her gifts but I know it will keep her legs and knees toasty while she watches television or reads. :clap Here is a picture of it and I used Aspen in a deep gold color. I have about 10 more inches to go and it's finished. Then it's on to some Christmas ornaments which reminds me to ask anyone who might have a good pattern booklet for Christmas ornaments if they might share the name of it with me or possibly some good links for them? I have some but not nearly enough. Thanks so much. :D

100_0151.jpg

Archived