What's on your hook for Christmas?

The finishing border rounds of an afghan I am making for my neice.

The body of the 'ghan is 12 inch pastel blocks bordered in white so it's a great big "granny-ghan".

Almost everyone in our family has an afghan but nobody has ever made one for Dawn. She will be 20 on December 21st. The afghan and new bed sheets are a big surprise. (She doen't live home).

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of stuff!

Already done:

Q hook rug in Christmas colors for the house

Nine snowflakes for ornaments

2 winter hats (the thick and warm pattern, with the cables-- love it!

In progress:

An earflap hat (needs pompoms)

A pair of fingerless gloves/mittens (wool ease, love the yarn, the pattern I am struggling with)

Felted purse (stitching all done, just needs felted and the beads, etc. sewed on)

Lacy scarf to match said purse (about halfway done, using the Palette yarn I found on sale)

To start:

Hats and mittens for my two honorary nephews (they're both under 2, so it shouldn't take long)

Another winter hat, and maybe adult mittens to match

I am geting a whole lot done this weekend, fortunately most of my projects are simple and go quickly.

If I have time I am considering a broom doll also.

My list was so long ago, I don't even recall everything on it... but all I have left to complete now is a set of boxes (from Simple Crochet), a cat blanket, and a dog sweater. If I don't get to the blanket or the sweater, no biggie... I already made three of each for the people they are for... I'd like to give them four, but time will tell. ;)

I am making TONS of snowflakes LOL But I only have 9 done :blink

I am also going to make my MIL a new kitchen set with an angel theme :hook

Hi everyone, I have started on a crochet shawl. I plan on wearing it next week to my schools Christmas program. It is fairly easy. It is made up of red, green and white granny squares.

Happy Crocheting

Kim

I am done with my Christmas crochet, I have some photos on my journal, need to get pictures of the melting snowman I did. I am currently working on a 12" butterfly square for an afghan for the living room. Need to start working on some squares for an exchange due the end of January.

• 1 month later...

I am slowly getting started on next years christmas. I have a chiffon doll almost done for my oldest daughter, and I recently learned to knit cables so I am attempting to make cabled scarves for the adults. ( I know it's not crochet but that's what I am doing :clap ). I am starting armwarmers, hat and the like for gifts.

• 1 month later...

I should probably get started on gifts now. I have never given homemade gifts before, but I would like to try. Both my fiance and my family are divorced so all together we have:

9 sisters, 3 brothers, 4 moms, 3 dads.

Both sets of my fiance's grandparents live in puerto rico so we don't have to worry about them.

but then I have 2gma's and 1 gpa

and about 123457543 cousins lol

I am making the Nordstrom hobo bags for both my daughters and for my 2 daughter in laws, I am making the Stitch Cafe crochet hobo bag that is on their blog, its almost like the Nordstrom hobo bag. they are both very cute. I have made both of them and they are very similar and very cute.

:manyheart I have several projects lined up I always make my gifts for teachers, day care providers and some of my co workers. Right now WIP for my mother-in-law, sister, and brother is a Christmas afghans can't wait I love watching their faces when they open the gifts. I feel that is better than any gift I receive.:hook

I'm getting started, I'm hoping to make some afghans, bags, etc. for my family and close friends. Right now I'm working on a rectangular granny square afghan for my brother - it was originally for his birthday in June, but I think I'll probably save it for Christmas. I have a list of what I'm planning on so far in blog - so much work, I gotta get my butt in gear!

well, I have finished 4 afghans, working on 2 more now. I keep an "at home" project that is not portable and a "portable" project. When in line at bank, etc., I am in the car crocheting. Still have lots of pot holders to do and some ornaments as well as sweaters for granddaughters

I apparently have to make a matching hat and scarf set, which should be interesting because I've never made a hat. My sis' MIL fell in love with a scarf I whipped up for her last Christmas and now wants a matching hat, but I don't think the yarns will work well for a hat, so I have to figure out something between now and then. I got the scarf yarn on super sale at Pat Catans in Ohio it's Darice Palette yarns and, sigh, I don't know. Anyway, that's the only thing I know of right now, but I"m making myself a market tote and I suspect others will want one.

Joyce

• 3 weeks later...

I've started on an afghan for my parents. I plan to make snowflake ornaments for my friends but I don't know yet what else I'll do. Depends on how quick this afghan goes! :D

Archived