50 minute scarves!

cupcake

I have been in another job for the few months and finish up tomorrow. During this time, the staff in the office have admired my scarves, shawls, bags and Easter goodies.

So I thought I would make a scarf each for the office ladies, my boss and the big boss, who all happen to be women. All have looked longingly at my scarves over the last few week as it is now winter here. :yes

So I have created these this week which I call 50 minute scarfs, because I can do one in under 50 minutes, and go to the loo and grap a cup of coffee.

The yarn cost me $1.99 a ball (a bargain) at Lincraft and I used a size 10 hook and 2 balls of each colour to make a scarf. For less than 4 dollars a gift, I think that is pretty good going!

I am real happy as to how they turned out!

scarves5pw.jpgimg88351db.jpg

The yarn is called Diva Duo and has a base colour with the eyelash fluff thing happening. I chose black/white, green/pink, red/black, and dark blue/ blue. I am so excited as they worked up in no time, look great and are nice and snuggly to throw arround the neck.

I visited Melbourne a few weeks back, and got some beautiful hand dyed pure wool boucle from a little store in the city. (For the Aussies out there). This was a bit more expensive as it is sold by the gram but the colours are out of this world.

The lady who has been my supervisor sent me an email that said she would miss me and my colourful scarves! So this was the comment that started me off.

She is one of those pople who looks stunning in bright colours so I saw this yarn which I think she will look fabulous in. She often wears this colour green.

green7mw.jpg

It looks better in the real, than what it does on the park bench on the deck, and has a lovely texture. The pattern came out of my head. Cos I couldn't decide which green I liked best, I got a ball of each. :lol

The big boss who is a remarkable woman with fantastic looks for her 50s, looks great in browns. This is a variegation in browns with some bottle green worked into it. I love it to pieces! She was looking at the wool in one of my scarves last week and asked whether I had made it.

img88385ii.jpgimg88437cv.jpg

I used an adapted mile a minute pattern for this scarf so as to achieve a different look.

The last 2 took a bit longer than 50 minutes, but I managed to get them done in a night. The brown one worked up in about 1 - 2 hours and the green one a bit longer, as I started it a few weeks back when in Melbourne, back on the plane, and have enjoyed working on it.

Tomorrow is my last day and I will give them the scarves as a thank you gift. They have been such great people to work with and I will miss them.

I am also feeling pretty good right now that I have a skill which others admire. Isn't great being able to crochet?

Thanks for looking! :manyheart

They are all great and I love all the colors! Those ladies will be so excited!!! Wonderful Job!

Great scarves, they're all very lucky. I especially like the reddish and green one, it's kinda alternative. If I find that yarn around, I'll definitely get some for next winter. It's summer here, though. Winterscarves are still a few months off. :D

Cupcake those scarves are lovely....every last one of them! And you are such a sweet and generous woman to make everyone there a going away present when YOU are the one going away!!!! But the more I get to know you here at Crochetville, that fact doesn't surprise me! I am sure all the woman who receive those beautiful scarves will appreciate them and remember you often!

Well that wa a great feel good moment.

The ladies were wrapped. All running arround in scarves! Some one suggested they could be the new corporate uniform!

Thanks for all your nice comments.

What beautiful scarves! Don't you love those quick instant gratification projects? Especially when everyone appreciates it that makes it all the more gratifying...

:manyheart

Tina

Archived