Snowflake Afghan CAL

Hey, Sassy!

How did your half hexes turn out? I haven't tried making them yet.

I think I'll give this to my youngest sister. I can start a new tradition of making each of my sisters a Christmas afghan. This way I almost have this year's done!:hook

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Sassy!

How did your half hexes turn out? I haven't tried making them yet.

I think I'll give this to my youngest sister. I can start a new tradition of making each of my sisters a Christmas afghan. This way I almost have this year's done!:hook

KellieD,

The half hexes turned out good- they work up super fast. I made a few minor changes to the pattern (can't remember as I don't have one in front of me right now). I haven't attached the coloroed border yet, but that will be done sson.

You mean to tell me that you have finished the whole afghan already? That was fast and I bow to your greatness!

I did get some of the strips joined last night and I am about 24 motifs short. If I do two a day.................

LOL, oh no no, I'm no where near that fast. I meant I hadn't put the colored border on the half-hexes yet.

You have dedication to do 2 a day! Between life and sleep, I haven't had much time to work on any lately. I will probably break it out tonight, though, and work on a few more.

I did get some of the strips joined last night and I am about 24 motifs short. If I do two a day.................

Wow! Thanks for the idea. I'm about 1/3 completely done with mine. So, maybe I can get in 1 complete hex a day and before I know it, it will be done.

i think that if I make this again, I will join and tuck ends as each motif is completed. What a whole lot less tedious work at the end and I'll feel like I'm making some real progress.

I'm a very early riser (4am) and DH doesn't wake up until about 7am. It isn't like I can do any heavy housework or anything before he gets up so it gives me three full hours to work on a project.:crocheting

Ahem. I mean if a book doesn't capture my interest first.:book

Wow, I hadn't realized it had been so long since I came to the boards! I just wanted to check in since I had started this CAL. Here's the finished afghan:

356049131_df31aae67e.jpg

I am on the homeward stretch!! All the motifs that I have made have been joined together and as I finish more I am joining them and tucking the ends.

I have had to use little mind tricks to get the motifs made. Doing something else between the making of the snowflake and the border breaks it up into manageable time, counting to ten while doing stitches and stopping for a sip of wine or tea in between, even reading a few pages of a book if my hands get cramped or it is starting to feel more like a chore than a pleasure. Hey, whatever it takes to get it done. Heaven knows I'm going to need all of the tricks when I start on the border!

Thanks vigilant20 for the picture. It is inspiring. I had to take a break and make something I could finish quickly, so I made baby hats. Now I'm ready to get working on this afghan and get it done! This one is promised, but it will be so hard to part with it, but there are two more I want to do after this one. I have so many afghans and I keep making more - isn't crocheting a great addiction!!

Vigilant20, your afghan is just beautiful. Its supposed to snow here today...maybe that will motivate me to sew the rest of my motifs together and start the border.

I am ashamed to say that my motifs have been sitting around waiting for me to assemble them for over a year........sigh...........I hate sewing things together!!!

Hi! I just got the yarn needed to join this CAL today. I have already make one block. I am using colors like the pattern picture. White and a dark blue, although I think I might do a block with some burgandy I have and see which I like best.

Welcome Theresa! The burgundy sounds pretty-post pics and we'll help you decide. :)

Don't forget to post a picture of your finished product Kellie :clap You are such a sweet sis! But I already knew that!!! Way to go on picking it up again. I am looking for a winter project myself. We are headed to Louisiana for Christmas and I wanted to make some kind of stocking stuffers. Purses maybe! At least for the girls.

Missed you at Lisa's trade!

Susan

Theresa, they are both pretty! I think I like the blue better, though. Although on my screen it looks sort of purple-ish and now I'm thinking if I ever get mine done maybe, just maybe, I'll make one in purple! LoL

Bad news- I have not worked on this afghan in a few weeks. Good news- I found some motifs I worked one night while watching Jay Leno that I had completely forgotten about! There were 6, so I now have enough to add 2 more rows. :clap

Alrighty I worked up two of them. I think I prefer the blue but the burgandy (which looks really red in the picture) is pretty too.

th_DSC02734.jpg

Great work Theresa- those are awesome!On the screen, the blue looks best. But if the burgundy is a deep burgundy, not red like it looks on the screen, I think it would be a better choice.

Mine is done in the deep blue as well with winter white for the snowflakes. I wanted it to look like snow in the midnight sky.

I'm making mine 13 motifs shy of what the pattern calls for. I'm only three motifs away from starting the border!:hook

Archived