Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of reasons I made it smaller.

One, I'm tired of it!!

Two, that size is still a really good sized cuddle quilt.

I'm on the last motif so as soon as I attach it, I'll let you know the overall measurements before the border.

I used a G hook, but if I do it again I will use an I hook. A larger hook does make it a bit larger, but I think that a bit looser would lay better. I'm having to steam every motif......

I was congratulating myself on being done, held it up and realized that I have one more strip of seven to make! Either that or cut off a row of six.

Either one makes me cringe. I'm going to take the rest of the day off and start fresh tomorrow.

Doesn't it look so much cooler sewn together than it did as strips?

Congratulations on your first of many!:yay

I've done so many things to avoid starting back on those snowflakes including frogging a whole sweater!

Out of excuses, gotta go do the last six. :hook:hook Oh, wait. Mom just brought me three bags of books. Book, snowflake, book, snowflake. Hmmm................Oh, okay. Christmas will be here before I know it so I guess the snowflakes win.

Well, I finally got all the white snowflakes done. In all, I have about 30 hexes completely finished and one strip sewn together. The dark borders are going quickly so I think I might actually get this afghan done.

I do love how it looks all put together and little by little mine is getting finished. My sister had darn well better appreciate this!

Four more to go.

She will, no doubt. You are doing so well! :clap

Well, after three attempts at the half hexes, I still can't figure out where I went wrong. It has something to do with the DC not matching the number of DC that I'll be sewing to. I kept coming up short by two on each side which, of course, I did not discover until all the ends were tucked in. Frustration has won. If I were keeping this, I'd hash it out. Since it is going to my sister, she'll never know what I tried to do (and failed miserably at).

The good news is that I now get to start the border and it looks killer good!:woo:woo

There is a problem with the half hex pattern as written. You need to ad a ch 1 between the first and second set of shells in round 4 and in round five you need to add ch 3 between first and second set of shells. Just like in the reg snowflake pattern. Somehow these steps were omitted in the half hex pattern. This might help. Mine came out fine.

someone wrote up a pattern for half hexes?? What post is it in? Not that I will do them, but, it is nice to know that there is a pattern for them if I would want to.

I may, someday, pick up my yarn for this one and work on it again. I may have to get more yarn for the border of the snowflake cause I think I used some of it for something else.

Okay, for those of you interested, Heather's directions for making a half hex to fill in the big dips on the edge is POST #495. Sorry, but I didn't think to get the page number! It is on page 50 of the snowflake afghan thread.

Thanks.

This makes it easier to find.

Okay, for those of you interested, Heather's directions for making a half hex to fill in the big dips on the edge is POST #495. Sorry, but I didn't think to get the page number! It is on page 50 of the snowflake afghan thread.

Archived