Snowflake Afghan CAL

I am now on the last round of the border and the popcorn stitch really makes the afghan special!:jumpyay

Great job KellieD! Can't wait to see the finished project.

My progress on this has come to a standstill. Just haven't had much gumption to do it, though it does work up so fast.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't feel too badly about coming to a standstill on yours. I started mine in 2004, found this CAL in 2006 and here, years later, I'm finally finishing up!

I'm making myself do a little bit each time I sit down. Waiting for the coffeepot to finish, I crochet. Sitting down for a short break (with timer), I crochet. Called the husband for dinner but he hasn't made it to the kitchen yet, I crochet. A few stitches here and there really do add up over time.

Don't feel too badly about coming to a standstill on yours. I started mine in 2004, found this CAL in 2006 and here, years later, I'm finally finishing up!

I'm making myself do a little bit each time I sit down. Waiting for the coffeepot to finish, I crochet. Sitting down for a short break (with timer), I crochet. Called the husband for dinner but he hasn't made it to the kitchen yet, I crochet. A few stitches here and there really do add up over time.

I guess there's hope for me still!!!

:jumpyay:woo:clap:bow:cheer:yay

I AM DONE!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!:cheer:clap

I've got 4 strips sewn together so far.

The lighting is pretty bad. Sorry about that. It is actually a midnight blue color and not so black looking.

Theresa, its looking great! Keep up the wonderful work! :cheer

Thanks. I am pleased with how fast it is going together but am ready to be done and move on to a new project. My sister called today and would like me to make a poncho for my 1 year old neice and I'd love to start but I'd like to get a little further along with this first. I'm going to start looking for patterns though.

Hey everyone I just wanted to update my progress on the snowflake afghan, I have 37 centers done and 1 on the hook so almost 38!! That leaves me with what only 21 more to go? Oh yeah and then I have to do the blue part and sew them together and add the border! Yikes I am never going to have this done in time for Christmas as a gift for my sister.

Plus she really wanted pastel blue and white for the snowflakes because she likes that icy look and now I'm afraid the snowflakes aren't going to stand out at all.

I need to stop sitting in front of the computer so much and do more crochet!

I have every confidence that you'll be able to finish it by Christmas!

One thing I wish I had done differently was to tuck the ends on each motif as I finished it, rather than tucking 40 or so one right after the other.

Teresa, I like how it turned out with the H hook better than with a G hook.

Are you using a pure white or an off white? i have plenty of both. The blue skeins I have are RHSS Soft Navy and Windsor Blue, full skeins. Without going to look, I know I have a full skein of RHSS Off White left over. Will any of those help you?

Archived