Snowflake Afghan CAL

I've made up another strip and the blue seems to match. So the color Midnight Blue must be Soft Navy. It looks o.kay. The whites are definitely the same color but seem to have a different in thickness. It'll all look o.kay though. Thank you for your offer Kellie.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed that with Red Heart that from time to time the yarn does feel different, the colors are not always the same. Even if it has the same dye lot. Even within the skein the yarn will feel different from time to time. I put up with it though cause it is a less expensive yarn and I can get more (stash always needs to be built up.. right....:lol). I can also make more for my money.

Maybe I'm losing my mind but my white seems to be different too! It is Red Heart, same as the other but it seems to be a different color and weight. It seems so much thinner than the other white that I used. UGH! This is frustrating. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to finish this--

th_snowflakeafghan.jpg

th_snowflakeedge.jpg

I hope you can see the beads. I kind of wanted it to look like ice around the edged so I used faceted irridescent beads. It's making a heck of a racket inthe dryer right now!!:lol

Thanks for looking!

:hookColleen

:heartOh, my gosh!! That is so beautiful.:heart

Congratulations on finishing your work of art. Are you keeping it or gifting it to someone special?

Thanks for the nice comment!:c9

I usually compete my blankets at the county and state fairs. I get a lot of request for charitable donations so depending on how they do at the fair, the winners often get donated to good causes for raffles or auctions. Generally the rest get given away at Christmas. But I've kept my state winners in the past. I can't quite stand to part with those ones! ;)

:hookColleen

• 2 months later...

After being a very lazy crocheter I finally finished all 59 of the centers for the afghan. Then on 13 of them I put the blue around the edge and crocheted them together to finish 2 rows. I will post some pics of my progress soon =)

I am so excited to see it finally coming together, but I don't want to give it away to my sister! Someday I will have to crochet it again so I can have one =)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally here is a picture of what I have done so far on the snowflake afghan. I've been putting the blue on and then weaving in the ends as I go and putting the rows together as I go too although I've had enough to make a new row now for a while and I haven't done it yet. I just keep putting more blue on.

DSC_0001.jpg

• 4 months later...

Is anyone still working on this project? I'm thinking of starting one. I already have tons of blue in my stash - just need the white. Just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to stitch along with me...

I had forgotten about this!!!!! I am going to pull mine out after the first of the year I think. I need to try to remember what hook I was using and all of that and may not be able to match up yarn as I have used some of it!!LOL

Mine isn't finished yet either. I'm hoping it will be done by December. I only need to make about 6 more squares and attach them, and then add the border.

I had thought that it would be big enough with the motifs I had finished so I sewed them together. I was so disappointed that it was too small that I put it away.

• 1 month later...

Archived