Dear Abby, Can Crochetville be an addiction?!?!?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry Tammy, but I beg to differ with you. As of this moment there are 24 posts, but this thread has been viewed 131 times... so the 107 people who read this post, laughed like hyena's and refused to post a reply out of fear of embarrasment at being like "us"... that is denial! LOL... :hook

:rofl

Dear Addicted,

Come over to the dark side with the rest of us. Don't fight it. It will be easier in the end to submit willingly.

Warmly,

Rachel

(Dear Abby's Crochetville-addicted helper):D

Hee hee. "Come to the Dark Side--we have yarn." :yarn

i inherited a stash and that i am proud, the only thing is: there's not enough of one color and here i find everything i could make with the rainbow and things that i never thought was possible :) may we some how find a way to sit at the computer at the ville and crochet at the same time....i wish we had robots that would cook dinner or clean up for us hehe

And people wonder why I come here. :shrug This thread is one of the reasons.

where else can you go, meet people who love a hobby like we have, get to try great new patterns before anyone else and best of all Have a great laugh:rofl while doing it???????????????

There is no cure. Take a deep breath, sit back and enjoy the fun.:hook

I can't wait for the day that my girls are old enough to go to school. Six whole uninterrupted hours to crochet... I slobber at the thought of all of the things I could make. I might even have time to clean my house. (Right now my house only gets cleaned when someone is coming over.) Until then I will remain a sleep-deprived SAHM who stays up too late working on crochet. :blush

It's a good thing Hubby hasn't discovered the magnitude of my stash. He still thinks this hobby can't be too expensive. How many tubs of yarn can I fit into 1 closet? Only time will tell. :devil

I was just today thinking to myself...Since I found Crochetville...I've spent more time on this forum and LESS time crocheting...the very reason I ended up here in the first place!!!

So the ONLY bad side to this addition, is that it takes me away from crocheting!:goodorbad

...Since I found Crochetville...I've spent more time on this forum and LESS time crocheting...

Were you reading my mind??? That is exactly what I was just thinking! I guess I am going to have to tear myself away from my computer, pick up my hook, and get to work on that UFO!!

:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

I can't wait for the day that my girls are old enough to go to school. Six whole uninterrupted hours to crochet... I slobber at the thought of all of the things I could make. I might even have time to clean my house. (Right now my house only gets cleaned when someone is coming over.) Until then I will remain a sleep-deprived SAHM who stays up too late working on crochet. :blush

Awww! No fair rubbing it in on us home schoolers!! When school starts, I actually get busier and have less free time! Now, you have given me a reason to envy you a bit!

(Just kidding! I :manyheart being a home school mom. But sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to actually have the house all to myself for a short while.)

I would just like to state "for the record" that I am NOT addicted to crochetville. (or anything involving crochet, for that matter).

I come here because I choose to. I could quit anytime I choose.

I do NOT need help.

So what if I come here every half an hour to see if there are updates??? I can go longer than that...One time, I went over an hour without coming on here. See???? That is willpower, my friends. :D

sounds like me a week ago. now I am a bit busy with testing a pattern for someone who has me addicted toi little dresses.

Oh and MOMof 7...with 7 children...what leftovers? :devil

busymom...see, I'm new to homeschool next year. I was sort of thinking I could sit beside him (he's 9), and crochet while I'm explaining something or we're reading. So you're telling me I'm really naive????

Yeah, I probably should rethink that one.....

I'm sorry Tammy, but I beg to differ with you. As of this moment there are 24 posts, but this thread has been viewed 131 times... so the 107 people who read this post, laughed like hyena's and refused to post a reply out of fear of embarrasment at being like "us"... that is denial! LOL... :hook

Oh, most of the extra is me coming back over and over again to see what everybody has written. I can't be satisfied going back two days later and reading it all at once. Oh no. Has to be every time I get a chance!

oh you are in such denial :yes

Ahh...but how can I deny something that doesn't exist??? :think When there is no addiction...there is no denial.

I agree wholeheartedly, 100%. See??? I am NOT the one with the problem!!! :lol

(now I am off to crochet since you all are trying to make me feel "guilty" for being here...:P )

Oh, most of the extra is me coming back over and over again to see what everybody has written. I can't be satisfied going back two days later and reading it all at once. Oh no. Has to be every time I get a chance!

Yes, you've got to respond to every post in a timely manner. Can't wait another day or something might happen. (like the thought in your head takes flight, never to return again...then what would you do?)

busymom...see, I'm new to homeschool next year. I was sort of thinking I could sit beside him (he's 9), and crochet while I'm explaining something or we're reading. So you're telling me I'm really naive????

Yeah, I probably should rethink that one.....

:rofl :rofl:rofl:rofl Oh yeah, Krystal. That is sooo how I do it!

Actually, once you get him acclimated to doing school at home, you will probably be able to get some crocheting done. However, I, on the other hand have 7 kids! That means that at every given moment of the day, at least one of them needs my attention, or the house does!! So, this is me by the end of the day: :out

Even as a relatively new Villager, I can relate. But hey, this place is inspirational, supportive and loaded with great ideas. Where else but online can you share an interest with people all over the world! Crochetville members are talented and funny and warm -- being here brightens my day!

Ladies, we're forgetting one thing here-if this IS an addiction, at least its a safe, legal, and creative one. We could be spending hours surfing sites that are not so nice, or else be addicted to illicit substances...etc. (Although, with the prices of some of the yarns, they SEEM like illicit substances to me!:lol)

Me??? addicted!!!! NEVER!!!! Just because the first thing I do in the morning is check the forum, then pick up my crocheting for a bit, and if I have time to squeeze it in between crocheting and the forum, I do laundry. But I am NOT addicted. I repeat NOT ADDICTED.....:grumpy Im just crocheted challanged!!!!!

I'd say I'm not addicted..but I have to conceed it is so. You know it's bad when after a Friday night your roomate comes back in at 8 in the morning, yet you are still up crocheting. She turned off my desk lamp and told me to go to bed, :lol:blush .

I've quit buying diet soda & started drinking iced tea, just to save grocery money for yarn, $3-$4, thats a skien or more if I find a good sale!:D I'm just trading addictions.

I also homeschool & concurrently crochet. I can "read" several classics while my youngest turns the pages.:book I've memorized Goodnight Moon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Millions of Cats and a few others. I can sit with my 9yo; while he does math, crochet and wait for the questions. I used to try to get housework done but he just chased me around, asking questions; and neither of us finished anything in a timely manner. I can also listen to my 6yo sound out words while stitching, it really improves my patience.

So you see I NEED to crochet, it makes me a better teacher!:school

I crochet because I can't sit still. If I have to wait at a Dr.'s office, etc. I always have a project ready to go. At night, I couldn't even sit and watch TV, I had to crochet while doing it - doing one thing was just too slow, and crochet filled the need.

So you see I NEED to crochet, it makes me a better teacher!:school

Oh yes! I am sooo telling that to my hubby if he ever complains about the money spent on yarn! :lol

...may I point out my new status? I just realized that I have passed the 40 posts mark...and I have only been here a few days!! I am sooo hooked!! (no pun intended!) :ducky

...may I point out my new status? I just realized that I have passed the 40 posts mark...and I have only been here a few days!! I am sooo hooked!! (no pun intended!) :ducky

Don't feel like you are the only one, I'm right there with you!! :waving Just started and passed the 40 mark, too!

Archived