Dear Abby, Can Crochetville be an addiction?!?!?

Dear Abby,

Dear Crochetville members,

Is it possible to be addicted to Crochetville? I fear this is happening! Where do I go to get counselling?

I just discovered this place a short while ago. I now find myself wanting to spend more and more time here! Is this a common problem? And all the projects and inspiration...I now have a 100 new ideas swirling around in my head, and I need a new project like a need a team of eskimo sled dogs!

I am torn when I find an interesting thread that contains pages and pages of posts!! Do I just read the first few and the last few?? If so, I am plagued with the thought of all that interesting stuff in the middle that I might be missing!? :eek

I find myself planning family meals that are quick and easy and cheap. Quick so that I can spend more time here and cheap so that I have more money to spend on my hobby. Just yesterday, my poor, starving children were forced to eat leftovers!

What do I do about my poor, dear husband who is languishing away with neglect due to this new-found love of Crochetville??

Are there others out there like me? I think I may need help.

Sincerely,

Addicted in NC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear fellow Crochetville addict:

NO CURE!

Signed,

RachelG, 3,840+ posts, member since May 2004

How many times she comes here a day will remain an undisclosed #!

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Dear Addicted,

So long as your children are FED, and your husband remembers your name, I do not think you have anything to worry about in reference to your family.

As far as finding cheap ideas for projects so as to have more money for yarn, just be glad that you are frugal.

Some addictions are good. This is one of them. Come over to the dark side with the rest of us. Don't fight it. It will be easier in the end to submit willingly.

Warmly,

Rachel

(Dear Abby's Crochetville-addicted helper):D

LOL, We're all suffering, happily I may add, to this addiction to C'Ville. It's a wonderful place to be, and the high you can get from helping others and sharing ideas.....etc., is beyond compare. Crochet and the C'Ville, gotta love it!

I just recently realized why people have their WIP's showing in their signatures. Now mine sits there reminding me not to spend all my free time being "inspired with new ideas", until I do some work on my last "new idea"!

I made my kids learn how to cook, now they ask me what I want. :lol

YOWSAH!!! I bow down before you, oh wise woman! :nworthy Please, oh please, enlighten us poor souls who have been chained to our kitchens. How did you manage to do that??

LOL! Just one more row and I can finish this color or this stich sound familiiar? Oh woe is me the stashis taking up my side of the closey floor. Oh NO no more room for it well ok let's just go on to DH side. But wait I still have room for this skein in the box under the bed or the DS room. Yep that would be us all right. .................... But hunny WHY in the world do you need more yarn/thread you already have TONS of colors. But yes oh wise hubby I do have that COLOR but NOT this STYLE AND it is on SALE!!! LOL!!!!

Nikki......... right now I am trying to figure out what to take to my mom's for my two week vacation in July.

There are just some addictions we don't need to get rid of. Crochet (or any craft) is one. This lovely forum is another! I could go on and on but I won't! LOL!!!! Michelle

LOL! Just one more row and I can finish this color or this stich sound familiiar? Oh woe is me the stashis taking up my side of the closey floor. Oh NO no more room for it well ok let's just go on to DH side. But wait I still have room for this skein in the box under the bed or the DS room. Yep that would be us all right. .................... But hunny WHY in the world do you need more yarn/thread you already have TONS of colors. But yes oh wise hubby I do have that COLOR but NOT this STYLE AND it is on SALE!!! LOL!!!!

Nikki......... right now I am trying to figure out what to take to my mom's for my two week vacation in July.

LOL! That is funny. My hubby cross stitches as well so just imagine our combined stashes! We each have a basket in the living room, stuff in the hobby room closet and yet more in tubs in the garage!!! It isn't a home-it's a craft store!!!!!!! Michelle

:rofl:sofunnyI haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I can totally relate to every single post in this thread and dh is sitting there shaking his head ~~~> :no at me as I read him this thread. :neenerat him. ;)

:laughroll I am having a blast reading this post...I just went to ACMoore and had to decide whether to use my coupon on YARN or on something else more expensive....then I had to decide whether to actually BUY the yarn (full price?!?!?!) or set it down. I had to take three deep breaths before I could actually set it down.....I mourned its loss in my stash for half the ride home...it was a color I don't have.

I promised myself no more starting projects before finishing WIPs...but have found myself unable to comply. Now I'm starting AND finishing new things (OK, they're small, but...) as an excuse that I'm not adding to my WIPs. My signature is updated frequently because I want everyone to know that I reallY DO get something finished!!! (As if they actually look there, I know - they're busy updating their OWN sigs!)

K

My dh asked me the other day 'How can you start all these projects and not finish them?'

1. I do finish....ask anyone I've swapped with....lol

2. How come my son is unable to sleep in his room?

Oh yeah, YOU started it (tore down walls, put up sheet rock) and haven't been back in there in 2 months! Who starts and doesn't finish???

Case Closed! LOL

Dear Abby,

Dear Crochetville members,

Is it possible to be addicted to Crochetville? I fear this is happening! Where do I go to get counselling?

I find myself planning family meals that are quick and easy and cheap. Quick so that I can spend more time here and cheap so that I have more money to spend on my hobby. Just yesterday, my poor, starving children were forced to eat leftovers!

What do I do about my poor, dear husband who is languishing away with neglect due to this new-found love of Crochetville??

Are there others out there like me? I think I may need help.

Sincerely,

Addicted in NC

Is it possible to be addicted to Crochetville? YES!!!

Where do you get counseling?? Right here at Crochetville!!!:lol

Your children ate leftovers?? The lucky ducklings! MY children have eaten sandwiches more times than I can even begin to count!! (Of course, that's THEIR choice, not mine.)

Your husband languishes away with neglect? Wow... mine forgot I even existed before I even FOUND Crochetville!!!

Take heart... there are hundreds... if not thousands... of people just like you who are addicted to Crochetville.

I say... Crochetville addicts unite! Together we will show the world the beauty that is the Crochetville Addiction!!!:lol

I would just like to state "for the record" that I am NOT addicted to crochetville. (or anything involving crochet, for that matter).

I come here because I choose to. I could quit anytime I choose.

I do NOT need help.

So what if I come here every half an hour to see if there are updates??? I can go longer than that...One time, I went over an hour without coming on here. See???? That is willpower, my friends. :D

Wow, I hadn't thought about a slow cooker. I made my kids learn how to cook, now they ask me what I want. :lol

:nworthy:nworthy A wise, wise woman indeed!

I would just like to state "for the record" that I am NOT addicted to crochetville. (or anything involving crochet, for that matter).

I come here because I choose to. I could quit anytime I choose.

I do NOT need help.

So what if I come here every half an hour to see if there are updates??? I can go longer than that...One time, I went over an hour without coming on here. See???? That is willpower, my friends. :D

oh you are in such denial :yes

oh you are in such denial :yes

I'm sorry Tammy, but I beg to differ with you. As of this moment there are 24 posts, but this thread has been viewed 131 times... so the 107 people who read this post, laughed like hyena's and refused to post a reply out of fear of embarrasment at being like "us"... that is denial! LOL... :hook

Archived