Dear Abby, Can Crochetville be an addiction?!?!?

:yay Congratulations to you!!!! :cheer:clap:yay A whole new world has opened up for you by reaching the big 40!!!! Now the "real" addiction starts...ie....swaps and such!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shhhhh!!! What are you all talking about. I don't even crochet and I am here all the time (little white lie about the crocheting). But, I don't do it a lot - after all I work full time. At lunch I don't stay in and crochet, so how can I be addicted. I get out in the fresh air at lunchtime. I go to Borders to look at crochet books and magazines, or I can go to JoAnn's for the yarn, thread, patterns and hooks (if I remember my coupons). Michael's is a little further, but I can get there in 10 minutes if the traffic light gods are with me. If I was addicted, wouldn't I stay in at lunch and crochet? After work, I don't rush right home to crochet. There is a new JoAnn's by my house (less than five minutes away) and I might stop there to see if they have something that the JoAnn's by work didn't have (to look at of course). Pretty soon the Walmart will open in the same shopping center so I could look there too. When I do get home, I do let the dog out before logging on to Crochetville - to just check out some posts, maybe print a free pattern or two and make note of some ideas - all just in case I would ever want to crochet o so I have something to look for in JoAnns. Geeezzz people, get a life - what's that - omg the dog - he is still outside - brb.......

Shhhhh!!! What are you all talking about. I don't even crochet and I am here all the time (little white lie about the crocheting). But, I don't do it a lot - after all I work full time. At lunch I don't stay in and crochet, so how can I be addicted. I get out in the fresh air at lunchtime. I go to Borders to look at crochet books and magazines, or I can go to JoAnn's for the yarn, thread, patterns and hooks (if I remember my coupons). Michael's is a little further, but I can get there in 10 minutes if the traffic light gods are with me. If I was addicted, wouldn't I stay in at lunch and crochet? After work, I don't rush right home to crochet. There is a new JoAnn's by my house (less than five minutes away) and I might stop there to see if they have something that the JoAnn's by work didn't have (to look at of course). Pretty soon the Walmart will open in the same shopping center so I could look there too. When I do get home, I do let the dog out before logging on to Crochetville - to just check out some posts, maybe print a free pattern or two and make note of some ideas - all just in case I would ever want to crochet o so I have something to look for in JoAnns. Geeezzz people, get a life - what's that - omg the dog - he is still outside - brb.......

:yes Of course!!! We believe you!! :lol

:rofl lol Yeah..uhuh we believe you!:no

HI my name is Petra and I'm a Corchetvilleaholic, but I have no itentions of getting SOBER lol ....theres loadsa emails to be answerd but everyday I say to myself...I can do it tomorrow! lol:blush

Oh and I only just joined a few days ago aswell and I've got 98 post already!!! lol

:grumpy I'M CROCHETED CHALLANGED!!!!

I think I should have that as my signature...or bumpersticker lol :lol

Further update.....I am at work right now and I am at lunch, not crocheting, not at Borders or JoAnn's or Michaels, - I can't possibly be addicted like all you people. I even remembered to bring the dog back in the house before I left for work. Oh wait, I am on Crochetville and have been for the last 20 minutes or so.......but......that doesn't mean I am addicted!

Further update.....I am at work right now and I am at lunch, not crocheting, not at Borders or JoAnn's or Michaels, - I can't possibly be addicted like all you people. I even remembered to bring the dog back in the house before I left for work. Oh wait, I am on Crochetville and have been for the last 20 minutes or so.......but......that doesn't mean I am addicted!

You must be my twin!

My name is June and I'm a Crochetvilleaholic!! I agree with Petra, I DO NOT want a cure, I LOVE it here!:D

Although for now, it's still a secret from my family...I'm on this site at work...and I crochet when I get home. They know about the crochet addiction, no one will go to Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby with me anymore:(

Does that make it more serious when it's hidden?:eek

OK, I hit the mark that makes me realize the level of my addiction....

Last night I was chatting through Gmail with a friend, and caught myself typing in : d e v i l (:devil) and : U (:U). Yikes. When you start typing smilies in non-C'ville forums, I think you're addicted.

hi ,my name is jackie and im a crochetvilleaholic! i dont think there is anything else i would want to be:P maybe we need a 12 step program? not to kick the ville habit, but to get rid of the guilt:cheer do i have any takers?:? then we could have partners that we could email if we start to feel guilty:yes :box if we stick together nobody can defeat us:lookoutjackie

I, too, have become a crochetville/crochetaholic. We have a "spare" bedroom that has 6 tubs of yarn and 2 XXL ziploc bags of crochet thread in them, among many boxes that have a PATH through them so I can access my crochet stuff. And why is that spare bedroom still not emptied and arranged from our move last August? I'm too busy crocheting and reading this board!!!!!

This will be my last update about the addiction I don't have. Today is Saturday - I don't work on Saturday, so logic tells me that if I was addicted to crocheting and all things crochet related I would be doing that - right? Well, no, today I slept in until about 9am (that truly is late for me, I hadn't slept well the night before). As I reached for my glasses to get out of bed, I knocked off the nightstand the SNB HH book that I bought last week. Anyway, got up and got ready for the day, picked up my mom and we went to Walmart. Wanted to check out the clearance craft area that I didn't know they had until someone on Crochetville mentioned it. My Walmart didn't have any of the $1 yarn, just some $2.50 clearance and I thought that was too much. Got excited when I saw some hooks, but not any I needed as I already had two or three in all of those sizes. I did get a small pattern book for $1. Then I went to the toy department to get toys for a Crochetville member who's daughter is taking them to a children's hospital for bingo prizes when the kids play. Went to lunch with mom and then came home and went on Crochetville to see what's new. Later, stopping at JoAnn's to check out yarn and stuff before meeting friends for a movie.

Now how could I be addicted? I am going to re-read my posts for this thread and see. Hmmm that first post is kind of strange, so is the second. Yep, it's me that wrote them. This one is also reading a little strange to me. I can't believe it I really am addicted. After all this time, I really am addicated. Why didn't I see it sooner, maybe I could have gotten help - but now I fear it is too late, a ball of yarn has me tied up and a pattern book is slapping me and my hook is telling me to go and crochet and do it faster and faster.

Alright already - I admit it, I am just like all of you. My name is Briana and I am addicted to crochet and PROUD of it. Don't want no help, don't want no stinkin' 12 step program - unless it it is 12 different things to make to help our addictions along.

Enough of this posting already - time to get back to that summer tote bag, or maybe the scarves, or maybe the afghan, or maybe attempt my first Amigurumi toy or or or or........

Step 1: Thumb through available pattern books at home.

Step 2: Don't like those? Go to store to browse books at store.

Step 3: While in store, check out yarns to see if new ones are there since last time you were there (somewhere around a week ago).

Step 4: Find clearance section of store for yarn clearance. (aaah, skip those - can't use your coupons on them)

Step 5: Go home, dig through massive stash bags to find yarn for the new pattern. Set aside all the WIPs for another day.

Step 6: Start the pattern, decide you have a slightly better way, so change it as you go.

Step 7: While working on the pattern, think about what you're going to do with it. Use this as excuse to keep working, even as you see the dishes starting to pile up.

Step 8: Realize you're getting a cramp in your hand, arm, shoulder, neck. Check the time.

Step 9: Get up, move your arm about and think about getting to those chores.

Step 10: Go on C'ville for a break, surf the web for more patterns.

Step 11: Realize it's getting dark, too late to start the chores.

Step 12: Go back to your newest WIP and swear you'll finish THIS ONE.

A slow cooker is a great idea to make meals faster to get more crochet time! They even have frozen slow cooker meals that are put in the cooker in the morning and are ready to serve by dinner time. Really no work!

It can be an addiction, but there is no cure. Would you want to have to go to meetings and confess that you bought 20 skeins of yarn on sale, that you were on the computer all day for crochetville, that you crochet way into the night and can't go to work because you are tired?

I sure wouldn't!

Have a great day!

Linda:manyheart

Krystal16 - too funny! I think I did every step yesterday and am well into the numbers for today. Have a nice 4th of July everyone.

• 1 month later...
Step 1: Thumb through available pattern books at home.

Step 2: Don't like those? Go to store to browse books at store.

Step 3: While in store, check out yarns to see if new ones are there since last time you were there (somewhere around a week ago).

Step 4: Find clearance section of store for yarn clearance. (aaah, skip those - can't use your coupons on them)

Step 5: Go home, dig through massive stash bags to find yarn for the new pattern. Set aside all the WIPs for another day.

Step 6: Start the pattern, decide you have a slightly better way, so change it as you go.

Step 7: While working on the pattern, think about what you're going to do with it. Use this as excuse to keep working, even as you see the dishes starting to pile up.

Step 8: Realize you're getting a cramp in your hand, arm, shoulder, neck. Check the time.

Step 9: Get up, move your arm about and think about getting to those chores.

Step 10: Go on C'ville for a break, surf the web for more patterns.

Step 11: Realize it's getting dark, too late to start the chores.

Step 12: Go back to your newest WIP and swear you'll finish THIS ONE.

Krystal, I like your 12 Step Program!! It is obvious that you have much experience in dealing with your addiction! :yes

I truely know what you mean. I love it here too. I love to see everyones work. I would share pictures of mine; but I have no printer.

I am so glad I have found this fourmn.
PINKROSES

Do we have a theme song??????

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name.....

and they're always glad you came....

you wanna be where you can see troubles are all the same....

:lol :lol

Yes, I too am a ville junkie. The first thing I do in morning after taking care of my animals is log on my computer and go to the ville to check out the new posts. Then I check it at least two more times , once in afternoon and once in evening. I love looking at everyone's new projects, and reading what everyone is up too, or chatting about.

Archived