Dear Abby, Can Crochetville be an addiction?!?!?

ok I am not addicted to this place.....i check it as soon as i can in the morning, either here or at work, then check it as soon as i get home, and the at least 2 more time before i go to bed!

My husband and i seldom argue, but earlier this week we did. He said all i wanted to do was crochet and get on the computer to check crochetville! I told him it is always changing and he didn't believe me. He actually told me I had a problem and was addicted to the computer! If he only knew!!!!!!! I know i am and dont want to stop!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, I manage to HIDE my addiction to C'Ville from my husband. The crocheting addiction he is well aware of, but I justify it in the fashion of "See how much money I SAVE by making these gifts?".....

So far, he's buying it.....or just living in blissful ignorance. He's one of those men who realizes that if his wife is happy, then EVERYONE is happy.

lol. I SO fit these descriptions. For the folks w/ kids, TWO crockpots are needed. w/ 1 you can do either breakfast (yes they have recipes for that) or dinner. HOWEVER, w/ the 2nd 1, you can also prepare a dessert to go w/ the dinner at the same time w/ minimal effort and actually seem keep up the pretense that you are not a hooker-galore.

Sandy (trying to hide the fact that it is 12:36 AM and I'm on here checking the posts.....(whistles innocently) )

I had to give up heroin. It was cutting into my yarn money.

I am joking, of course. ;)

:rofl:rofl ROFL!!!! :rofl:rofl

Too funny!

I just read ALL of the posts here - - gotta know the whole deal before you post, right?! :yes Anyway, my hubby has become accustomed to coming and checking on me here in my office! I don't know if he's checking to see if I'm still alive (he hasn't brought the mirror for a breathing test yet!) or if he's checking to see if I've started yet another crochet (or knit) project! Much to his surprise, and mine, he is starting to learn such acronyms as WIP, WIM, UFO, FO, and more! :clap I'm SO PROUD of him - - not just because he's learning new things, but because he's getting started on his vocabulary now and starting his WIMs (perhaps unconsciously at this point??), being that I'm fully convinced that one day HE will pick up a hook and become a C'Ville hooker too!! :hook GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO team!!! :cheer

I had to give up heroin. It was cutting into my yarn money. :rofl :rofl :rofl:h5

I so get this one! Not heroine but just about everything else. Everything comes down to "How much yarn could I buy if I don't...?"

I am becoming addicted to this site, I guess I have to choose now while I still have those 3 brain cells functioning eh?

should I? / should I not, should I? / should I not, should I? / should I not, :yarn

since i dont drive, it's hard to convince people to take you to the yarn stores, and if you say you need to go to walmart, they tell you dont buy yarn you have enough already...if only they knew...i dont hold a candle to what some of you folks have

Is it possible to be addicted to Crochetville? ABSOLUTELY!

Where do I go to get counselling? NO CURE!

Is this a common problem? YES

What do I do about my poor, dear husband who is languishing away with neglect due to this new-found love of Crochetville?? TEACH HIM CROCHET

Are there others out there like me? ALL OF US!

:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

Ladies, find your methodone.... check out this post: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32430

You're going to have to live without the 'ville for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! Can you do it?

I want a report FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING about how all you sad, addicted souls managed to bide your time until getting your fix again!

But, it should be a new and better fix, according to the powers that be!

Wow, it has been less than 24 hours that I found this site, and where is the first place I go this morning after getting the kids to school...? Yep! Right here reading what I think I missed since midnight!!!!! :)

Wow, it has been less than 24 hours that I found this site, and where is the first place I go this morning after getting the kids to school...? Yep! Right here reading what I think I missed since midnight!!!!! :)

Archived