Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait!!!!:cheer:clap Next week is my last week of vacation before heading back to school. I'll have a lot of time to get a few squares done and to fully enjoy Jimbo's hook! Can't wait to read the journal too! The great thing is our mail typically gets here by 10 am, so I'll have an early jump on the day I get the hook.

This is moving along so fast! I am really excited!

Don't forget to post a picture of your lovely work! ;) We wanna see! :hook

Ok ladies(and gent) My PCis ok now but in the loss all of my files were lost including the addy file. So please be patient with the mailing addresses. Mrs.P I am not to sure who is next but if you can pm them for their addy to ship that will help me get a jump on other things I need to fix here. I did get Frans sqs and as soon as I can I will post some photos to the blog

after checking the list I realized I may have the hook the week of my b'day...still a long way to go:eek

Jimmie Lu I am glad your computer is back up...sorry that you lost all your files again that can be so frustrating.

I haven't been posting much in this thread, but i read it religiously and very much appreciate all the kind comments about the traveling hook. Thank you all.

And if ever there comes a time when another hook is to be sent out on a world wide adventure, the old apple tree and I would be more than happy to donate.

You all do such beautiful work. I'm anxious to see the results.

Thanks again to you all....

Jimbo

Jimbo, I also read this thread even though I am not on the list:blush , But I was wondering what will become of the hook:hook when it is finished with all it's travels? Who will keep it? Or will it be auctioned off?:think

Jimbo, Your hook has been just a delight to use! Thank you so much for making it for this cause.

I have finished my week with the traveling hook and wanted to share photos of the squares I did to contribute to our comfortghan.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e108/jschwardt/travelinghook.jpg

I chose Red Heart TLC essentials yarn in High Plains. This yarn reminded me of a pile of leaves from a crisp Chicago autumn. I am newer to squares, so I chose two simple ones from the Chochet Stitch Bible: Old American and Double Square. I hope they go well with the other beautiful squares that are being made for this project.

Thank you again for letting me be a part of this worthy group.

I was wondering what will become of the hook:hook when it is finished with all it's travels? Who will keep it? Or will it be auctioned off?:think

My understanding that the hook will be auctioned along with the afgan(s) made by all these talented folksm and the proceeds will be donated to a heart patient fund.

Well tecnically the gahn was to be made into several and those donated to heart patients. Well the hospitals I work with for many many charities all say the same make the gahn and auction it on a place like ebay with the proceeds to be donated to the American heart association. Please post your opinions on this all of the participants.

Second the hook and journal are sopose to be given to a winner here among the participants to be drawn at random when the hook is returned to me safe and sound.

IMHO Id love to see the hook journal and gahn all sold thru my ebay account and proceeds given to the charity indicated. Seems to me that most here would gladly bid on this amazing gahn and raise a nice donation in the mean while.

BUT--- I do not wish to anger anyone here if youd like to keep it the way it originally was although the gahns will not be taken by the hospitals here.

Your thought please????

Mrs. P- your sqs are awesome

Jimbo- we shall talk about a hook and missions Thanks

Mrs P! :hook I love your squares! You did good for someone who is not used to doing squares... and the colors are terrific! :manyheart Thanks for sharing pics.

As for what to do when all this is finished... I'm easy with how the donations are handled (or how monies are obtained - must be legal though! haha).. as long as we are still giving to a worthy heart-related charity.

These squares ARE a work of HEART :manyheart so it seems only fair that the blankets made with them should go to those who suffer from heart troubles.

:yes I can't wait to see all the squares all lined up and pretty. Jimmie Lu.. do you have time to do that with what you have so far? (or am I being too anxious?)

XOXOX

OK... :D Here's my attempt at a button for the Traveling Hook. (Be gentle!) Please feel free to use the button on your website! but save to your own computer please!

buttonThook3.gif

:hook

Archived