Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Catlizg
:slingshot OK, now we're moving, folks. Twinnish - head's up, the hooks leaving for your neck of the woods tomorrow morning. I'm sending it out priority mail so start stalking your mailperson. JimmieLu, the square is on its way to you too! Twinnish, I've included Wildthing's address for you to forward the hook and journal to after you're done. Good luck!

Gee I dont know! Jimbo will have the answer?

The size of the traveling hook? Well...... its the size you want. Oh wait... thats the answer to the second question in my blog contest.

No, the traveling hook is about a K if i remember right.

Ok we have had a bump in the road but nothing to get all upset over unless you are me! when I sent the hook and journal I forgot to add the addresses and then I mailed them but they were not recieved and then ooops my son deleted the file while playing around (gotta pay closer attention to him) So I have the hand written list and am in the process of re typing so what will happen is there is enough info to get it to the 3rd person so by then I should be able to just send you a PM with the list. or be able to give you the next person to send to I appologize about all this but life has been a bit crazy around here and there is no sign of it easing up anytime soon.

Guest Catlizg
OOOO, did you take a picture of your square before you sent it???

Oops, nope, never even thought about it. What a shame because I included some of the yarn I received from auntbubbels in a swap; thought it was kind of neat to make a square with yarn from 3 different sources. Oh well. It was still a ton of fun.

I'm reporting in to say that the Traveling Hook arrived in my mailbox late yesterday afternoon!

I would have posted sooner, but it's difficult for me to get on the computer after the kids get home from school and the husband arrives home from work.

Here it is, in its snug little holder, along with the journal:

travelinghook.jpg

I started a square with it last night. It's different using a wooden hook. It's light and smooth, almost slippery! I marvel at Jimbo's crochet carving chops! As soon as the kids are off to school, I'll get back to working on the square.

Guest Catlizg

Glad things are moving along - I must say it is quite odd to me, for some reason, to see a picture of my handwriting in the journal. Have no idea why, but it's just......odd, somehow. Maybe I should just get back to work instead of playing hooky.

Oh this is sooo exciting to see a hook i made going to so many talented people. I bet Jimmie Lu made that hook case eh? Pretty nifty!

I'm also anxious to see what wonderous things you guys make.

PLEASE post pictures?

I see my STOP on that map!!! :D

I have a while to wait... but LOVED :manyheart seeing the posted picture! I'm with Jimbo! Post those pictures everyone!

:hook Waiting with GREAT anticipation!

Have you guys been to the blog for the hook its in my signature line. There are photos there of the hook and my house and the new photo from twinish plus I am planning on adding photos of the sqs also so remember to check it out often

I've been working on a couple of squares. I hope these colors are autumnal enough! Here are pics of them!

This is the Marigold square from the 200 Crochet Blocks book. I kind of wish I hadn't put the variegated in the center, but I'm not frogging it now!

Pardon the unwoven ends. And, of course, it's WONKY!!!!!!

THsquare1.jpg

This square, which I'm still working on (can you see the hook peeking on the top of the picture?), is Esther's Square. It is blessedly free from wonk. It has a few more rows to go.

thsquare2.jpg

I hope to finish this square tonight or tomorrow and send the hook along on Monday. The squares will follow, shortly thereafter. Oh yeah, and I still need to write something in the journal!

Claire those are great I particularly like the second one How do you like the hook? I didnt want to send it on because I liked using it so. When it comes to hand carving Jimbo is gifted.

Archived