Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

hello is everyone getting excited???:yay I have the list and a map of where the hook is going do you want a peek?:yes Ok here it is There is one question about Mrs. Principal that you will find so maybe some of you can help me out. The hook will be in the mail Sat at the latest! You have 5 days to use it to make 1,2 or as many 12 in sqs as you want. The email we are using is larryjimmie@yahoo.com for this project.Please keep us all posted about where the hook is and when it is going on to the next person. As long as there are no complaints I will put an address list in the journal that will be removed before the hook and journal are sent to its lucky reciepent. If you do not want everyone to have access to you addy I will omit it from the list and the person sending to you will need to email me for it.

Are you all ready:yes

Traveling Hook!!!!

Jimmie Lu Sent

Catlizg Rec/sent -sq rec

Twinnish Rec/sent -sq rec

wildthing1058 Rec/sent-sq rec

Joann Rec/sent -sq rec

City Girl Rec/sent -sq rec

Mrs. Principal rec/sent sqs recieved

Pplcrochets rec/sent sqs recieved

sissy44 Rec/sent sqs recieved

Melissa Crochets Rec/sent Sq recieved

Clocke Rec/sent sqs recieved

Knic Knac Rec/Sent Sqs recieved

donnalynn2 Rec/ sent Sqs recieved

SFGwife Rec/sent Sq rec

thery4 Rec/sent Sq recieved

Veronica (C'ville name ?) Omitted due to we dont know who you are

Angelfire Rec/sent sqs rec.

Hischildsindi Rec/sent sqs recieved

Sammimag Rec/sent sqs recieved

Jchllm Rec/sent sqs recieved

Tiffany rec/--will send as soon as AmyS tells her who to send hook to

The crochet dude rec/sent sqs rec

Mamosa --asked to be skipped over

Deb has not logged on for almost a month

Terrijo waiting to get an address

Kelle

Jamie

mwedzi

Jimmie Lu

I have the hook and am finishing up my sq and then it will be ready for its journey!!:hook

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Catlizg

Oh wow, I'm next!! Ok, I'll my engines revved. I've already got my yarn and am ready to go, can't wait. The hook is heading to Buffalo at the best time of the year to live here so I think it will be spending sometime out on my patio watching the birds at the feeder and enjoying the sun (with out SPF on, OF COURSE).

Jamie - I hear ya. :( I'm just before you .. that seems like a lonnnng time to wait.

But...

When the journal does get to us... think of all the lovely things that will be written in it (no pressure girls! :lol ). And that HOOK :hook will be all warmed up. Just THINK of the wonderful squares we will make!!!

Would it be weird for the participants to place a swatch of yarn that they used in the journal? :yarn I think it would be cool to see (and feel) what others have used. :yes Just a thought. (I don't want to complicate matters.)

:hug hugs to Jimmie Lu for coordinating all of this.

I am EXCITED!!! :cheer

If I figured correctly, I'd be due to get the hook around the beginning of August. Only problem is we are moving into a new place the first week of August. Is there any way of making mine a little further down the list or a little closer? I would hate for A)it to get lost in the mail with my mail being forwarded around that time and B)for it to get lost in the shuffle with all my moving boxes. If there's no way to move me on the list then let me know and I'll have it sent to me at work instead! THANKS!

donnalyn I will not put your address in the package and when the hook is getting close to you we will get the correct address and the person before you will have to PM me to get the address. the only other option is for me to bump you to last and then it gets sent to me after you?

Your choice

Oh geez! I would hate to wait til the end! UGH! Yeah it sounds good to not put my addy in the package yet. When it's getting close, just shoot me a PM and I'll be able to tell you where it needs to get sent! THANKS! :)

ARE YOU READY!!!!!!

The hook will be leaving my house on Sat. Yipee!!!

The first place it is headed is beautiful New York state (I hope its nice there this time of year). Catlizg are you all ready for some company? I wish I was being squeezed into an envalope and mailed to everyone here Id love to spend a week crocheting with all of you. But you probably would get sick of my incessive crocheting and throw me out by the week end. lol So lets get hookin for heart disease!!!

So, when we're figuring out about when to plan for the hook's arrival, does it make sense to figure about a week per person ahead of you on the list? Or longer? As far as I can tell, it's not due to me any sooner than the end of June, so I'll be back from travel, no problem. I'm coming back on the 15th of June.

But, if I've miscalculated, and the hook is due here before I return, then I guess you'd better skip me and maybe Jimmie Lu can fit me in at the end? Hopefully that won't happen!

Patricia your calculations seem good to me but I will do the same with your address as another or 2 and have the person ahead of you PM me for your address so we can make sure you have your guest room all ready for Mr. Hook!

That sounds great - much relieves my mind that the hook won't sit and wait in case everybody ahead of me is lightning fast..... :D

I recall seeing that the source of many of our yarns is Turkey. Wouldn't it be neat if I can find something special (acrylic, of course) on my trip to use with Jimbo's very special hook when it's my turn? :c9

Holy Cow, I'm 3rd on the list!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED! I've got to get me some yarn!!!!!

Edited to add: What size is the traveling hook?

I am so excited and I just wanted to thankyou all for letting me join this wonderful project

Welcome to the traveling hook!:yes I am right after you.:clap Where in CT are you?

A big duhh for me today. I carefully packed the hook! The journal but oh no guess what I didnt put in!!!

Addresses!!! and the list of who is next!!!

I will be mailing an envalope so do not send on the hook untill you get the list!

Sorry!!

Guest Catlizg

The hook is warming up in WNY as we speak - it's been in the high 90's for the last 3 days here, quite odd for this time of year, but it sure beats snow. I've been looking for the original post on the Travelin' Hook, wondering just what to add to the journal. I decided to add a piece of my yarn as someone suggested on one of the posts, and to write a little bit about why I crochet and chose to do this project. Maybe that will be of interest to whomever is the lucky recipient of our work? I'm also in the bookmark swap and I'll tell ya, it's darn hard to put down this Jimbo hook to pick up a steel and work on the thread. Sigh, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Archived