Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the planets align this morning (and the kids who have to get off to school), I should be able to leave for work early enough to get the hook to the P.O. If not, then I will attempt to mail it on my way home from work tonight.

I will report back when I get home!

If Jimbo gets his whittlings done as fast as the members here want hooks he will build that cabin by the end of the year...let's see if we all bought one how long would it take him to finish...working 24/7 365 days a year , drinking ensure just to keep nourished, anyone want to guess?

If Jimbo gets his whittlings done as fast as the members here want hooks he will build that cabin by the end of the year...let's see if we all bought one how long would it take him to finish...working 24/7 365 days a year , drinking ensure just to keep nourished, anyone want to guess?

Yeah, drinking Ensure mixed with Red Bull so he doesn't sleep! But how can he cabin-build and hook-carve at the same time????? If anyone can do it, Jimbo can! Don't forget to build a guest house for itinerant crocheters!

Folks, the hook will be traveling if the PO is open on the way home from work tonight. Actually, I think my PO has one of those automatic shipping dohingeys that doesn't require the whole place to be open. So....Wildthing, start stalking your friendly neighborhood postal carrier! This puppy should get to CT in no time!

Hi, everybody! I'm back from my trip, and ready to receive the hook when it's my turn, no problemo!

Jimmie Lu, do I still have a place on the list? pretty please? I'll take any place on the list in which you'd like to put me.....

Hello Everybody,

I'm in South Africa paying by the minute for connection in an internet cafe so no time to do a whole lot of browsing and reading messages. Can someone fill me in on what's going on with the traveling hook and the international participants.

I have temporarily forgotten the coordinator's name, but Dear Coordinator, I sent you a PM a while back with my South African address and questions about how I'm supposed to pay to make sure the hook gets here safely, but didn't receive a response. Please let me know what I need to do.

Take care, everybody.

I really wish we had a button for this! :( My talents are limited.. but if no one else makes one.. I may be forced to try my hand. :eek And I don't know if y'all want me to do that. :lol

:hook

Yeah, drinking Ensure mixed with Red Bull so he doesn't sleep! But how can he cabin-build and hook-carve at the same time????? If anyone can do it, Jimbo can! Don't forget to build a guest house for itinerant crocheters!

Folks, the hook will be traveling if the PO is open on the way home from work tonight. Actually, I think my PO has one of those automatic shipping dohingeys that doesn't require the whole place to be open. So....Wildthing, start stalking your friendly neighborhood postal carrier! This puppy should get to CT in no time!

I have been chaseing the mailman down waiting for the hook as soon as the mail gets here I am at the door I think I am scaring him even one of my cats waits at the door meowing for the mail he is not happy till it drops through the slot

No hook yet? I bet you get it today. I can't believe so-called Priority Mall is taking so long. Hopefully, your mailman delivers early. Mine often doesn't show up until 5pm.

What? Jimmie Lu got the squares sent first class, but wildthing hasn't gotten the package mailed priority???? Dang that USPS!!!!!! Maybe Wildthing got it today and was just too busy or excited to post about it.

well I just got home from work ( had to make a detor to walmart to get some lol you guessed it yarn) and guess what wooooohooooooo I have the hook I know what the trouble might have been twinnish my city was missed spelled on the addy that might have held it up. Well I an going to be starting the squares tomorrow right now I am just admireing the hook and holding it in my hand to get a good feel of it omg it feels and fits so nice just wanted to let you all know the hook is here and ready for use tomorrow.

Sorry about that. Was it one t and not two? I wondered about that. There must have been a transcription error somewhere along the way.

All's well that end's well, however, and I'm glad it got to you! Isn't it sweet?

Guest Catlizg
ok now I am a little confussed in the first post it says 12 in sqaure but on the blog it says 8 in what size do I make?

That had me confused too and I checked with our fearless leader - we went with 12 inch squares!

ok I have finished the squares and doing my little writting in the journal the hook will be on its way fri I have that day off and can spend the day at the post office with all the things I have to mail so Joan it will be your way next should get there real quick you are just around the corner if I send it fri morning you should get it by mon or tue. I hope jimbo is makeing lots of hooks because I am so in love with this hook and I want one real bad now.

Archived