Traveling Hook! Hookin for heart patients! READ POST 269/270

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I just found your thread and what ya'll are doing. I do alot of charity work and send crocheted items all across the country for ill children, grieving families, cancer patients, etc. I would love to join in on your traveling hook to help make some squares for heart patients. Is it too late to join in or is the list always growing? Please let me know what I need to do to join.

Thankyou,

Betty F in TN

sunflowersquarepurple.jpgsunflowersquarepink.jpg

sunflowersquare.jpg

Oh no I forgot to take a pic of the book will do that one tonight but here are the sqaures I am thinking of makeing one more brfore I send it out because with Jimbo's hook they work up so fast once you get the hang of his hook

Love your squares, wildthing! looking forward to adding some of my own (and playing with a Jimbo hook, of course!) when my turn comes around. Crochet and giving - what a great combination!

ok guys heres where I got the patterns for the squares the purple one came from Leisure Arts "Contest Favorites Afghan Squares" the heart one came from the same book too and the sun flower one came from Leisure Arts " 99 Floral Motifs to crochet" all the squares were 8" but I motified them to make them

12"

They are all very lovely. :manyheart Thanks for sharing pictures! :photo

I'm so anxious to get my hands on that hook! :hook

:mail I'll probably stalk the mailman (but not for a few more months! :P )

:heehee hee hee!

Joann hook will be going out tonorrow my day off from work and the day I spen at the post office. lol you live close by so it will not take long at allto get to you

Jimmie Lu the squares will be sent to to as well.

I am so proud of you ladies!! You have yet to stress me out over who has it where its going and sqs are very generous!!! Keep up the good hookin and get your orders in to Jimbo for a new hook!!! This traveling hook is a great idea and we could build his cabin with orders from just trying the hook

If Jimbo gets his whittlings done as fast as the members here want hooks he will build that cabin by the end of the year...let's see if we all bought one how long would it take him to finish...working 24/7 365 days a year , drinking ensure just to keep nourished, anyone want to guess?

Jimmie Lu I had the same idea for Jimbo.

I know I am not part of the trveling hook. The more I see these beautiful squares the more I wish I was part of the group. You all do such a wonderful job. I love the hook and I will be sure to buy a hook in the near future.

ok guys heres where I got the patterns for the squares the purple one came from Leisure Arts "Contest Favorites Afghan Squares" the heart one came from the same book too and the sun flower one came from Leisure Arts " 99 Floral Motifs to crochet" all the squares were 8" but I motified them to make them

12"

... so, looking at them, it appears that you added 4" borders? is that pretty much the way to expand a pattern to the size needed? then, I've got all sorts of patterns I could use! This is great! Thanks, Deborah for the inspiration - (but now I have no idea how to *narrow down* my pattern choices :eek)

... so, looking at them, it appears that you added 4" borders? is that pretty much the way to expand a pattern to the size needed? then, I've got all sorts of patterns I could use! This is great! Thanks, Deborah for the inspiration - (but now I have no idea how to *narrow down* my pattern choices :eek)

thats all I did only because I really wanted to use the heart and sunflower pattern and only had books with 8" squares in them

I really admire the way you take a pattern and modify it to what you need! I'd like to be able to do that as well as you do - there are so many things I see that are great, but I can't use them the way they are presented.

Good thing I'm talented at frogging.... :frog

Ok just wanted to say

Joann the hook is on its way to you:cheer:clap:yay start slaking the mailman

Jimmie Lu the squares are on their way to you also :cheer:clap:yay

I love the hook and everyone that gets to use it if you have never used a Jimbo hook well you are in for a treat as I was.

Thanks! I'll be waiting. It would be great if it got here on Monday.:yes Then I would have Tuesday to work with it :yarn Since I'm off from work. I'm not counting on it though-I get mail faster from out of state!!!:P

Archived