Wild Rose Doily

MimiFL

I made this from a vintage pattern. This was an interesting exercise. The roses are done separately, then attached to the doily. I had never done anything like this. In case you can't see it, there is a major difference between this and the original. (I bet some of you can spot it). For those who don't: things were going well until row 23 or thereabouts, when my sister noted that I had 12 flowers and only 11 motifs. Oops.... Not wanting to start from scratch, I kept going, adapting the pattern as I went, so that it would fit 11 motifs instead of 12. I think it turned out all right in the end. :)

I used Grandma's Best in white and green, and Knit-Cro-Sheen for the pink (didn't have any of the "shaded pinks" the pattern called for), with a 1.50mm hook (#7). Finished size was about 18.5 in. This was given as part of an Easter Exchange, together with two other things.

wildrose_finished.jpg

Closeup shots:

Flower | Edge

One of the other two things I made was a cross filet...

Ok, I give up. It's not letting me add another couple of links. I have no idea why, the others were no problem. :irk Nevermind, then. You can see them on my website.

It's beautiful! I can't see any mistakes :think I put that pattern in my toolbar. It's gorgeous; and now I have some pink thread I could use for it. :hook Thank you for sharing it with us, you did a beautiful job on it. :manyheart

Tina

Thank you! :manyheart

The pattern was a bit difficult, because some things weren't explained back then like they are now. They'll just say "same as last round except one less dc per group" or something such instead of repeating the previous row's instructions, for instance. And they had stitches I never heard of, like "short dc", which, thank God was explained in the pattern (turns out it's an hdc). There's a lot of scribbling on that pattern! :lol

My Easter gift was made up of that doily, plus a cross filet, and an Easter basket filled with chocolate (i.e. Flowers, Faith, and Food) - I like things with a theme. ;) I'll post the basket when I get a chance.

Archived