My first completed item!-Bib

tinkerpuppet

I just finished this bib for my 11mth old son last night. He has a habit of pulling off all his velcro-close bibs, so this one is perfect because it fits over his head. I learned increasing, decreasing and joining with a whip stitch (although I think I need to work on that one!). Plus it has this cute cable stitch in rows down the front. Its a little big now, but he'll grow into it. And I think I'm going to try to make another one that is a little smaller. It worked up really fast and will be a cute gift for friends babies.

5555.jpg

Ciaran014.jpg

Ciaran017.jpg

Very nice. Wow... you should see the first thing I ever made... not so great! Yours looks great!

I love that bib. Such a great idea for gifts. Your son is adorable too. He looks good in that bib!!

Jennifer, what a wonderful first project! I sure wasn't doing front and back post cable stitches on my first, second, or 20th project!!

I love the idea of having the bib fit right over the head. What a marvelous idea! :idea To bad it wasn't around when i had a baby....but then again I wasn't crocheting back then either. :shrug I also like the way you put a contrasting thread around the outside of the bib as well.

Way to go, Girl! You done good! :flower

Thanks so much everyone! I am very proud of it, its just a little something, but its soooo useful, and has given me the confidence to try something a little more challenging now. I am definatly making more though, one only lasts one meal with my son.

Etaria - hee hee, I have to laugh at the mental image of your daughter escaping 'The Chair'. There's a big plastic crotch bar, plus a waist strap to keep my son in. He wiggles, but so far hasn't managed to get out, whew!

The bib turned out just great. Good job!!:clap :clap Your son is so adorable:c9

Now that you have finished your first project I am sure you are like the rest of us, Hooked for Life:hook :hook :hook :hook

Sabra, I used Bernat's Handicrafter Cotton. I needed something that wouldn't show stains too bad (the verigated yarn is perfect) and something durable. Its not scratchy at all either. It will shrink some, which is probably a good thing, the neck hole is a bit large. It might fit better after a wash. I have a bit of a cotton addiction, I love it!

Archived