200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, this is a great book. I've used it many times in the year or so that I've owned it. I love Jan Eaton's books. I plan to pick up the 200 ripple stitch book one of these days.

How do you like it? I've gotten it out from my library a few times. I find myself drooling over many of the knit patterns, which frustrates me because I don't knit!

I managed to get a few more blocks done and have woven in many of the ends too!

This is how I'm thinking of laying it out so far:

390368441_ad407baddd_m.jpg

So only 10 more blocks to go! That is if I can stay with this layout. I'm having the hardest time deciding what looks good.

2 lavender shell blocks for the center.

4 2 dk purple shell blocks for the outside -

2 center flower blocks

1 tricolor block

1 willow block -done!

Looking good! It won't be long now! I just love those colors.

Nice wood floor, BTW!

It's hard sorting out the layout, but fun, too! I ended up making many extra squares just because I thought the ones I had were too busy, or too dark. It'll look great, though, when you put them together.

I managed to get a few more blocks done and have woven in many of the ends too!

This is how I'm thinking of laying it out so far:

390368441_ad407baddd_m.jpg

So only 10 more blocks to go! That is if I can stay with this layout. I'm having the hardest time deciding what looks good.

2 lavender shell blocks for the center.

4 2 dk purple shell blocks for the outside -

2 center flower blocks

1 tricolor block

1 willow block -done!

thats nice picture

keep going :):clap

hello

i`m exited i`ll order the yarn and it should reach me after week or two :think

what ever i`ll do the afghan :yay

how is everybody`s doing???

my only wish that i was in this cal while clare , vik , cupcake and all of the group crocheting it was fun i don`t stop going back to read the posts

happy crocheting:hook

It's so exciting to know that yarn is on the way! I'm sorry you missed the CAL when it was more active, but, if we keep posting to it, maybe it will attract more attention and pick up again.

Samantha, how is your 'ghan coming along?

vcufashion419

when you are planning to start?

i shall wait my yarns to arrive :)

maybe 2 or 3 weeks :\

I have so much yarn laying around the house for baby stuff!! I can only have 1 or 2 WIP at a time though so as soon as I finish my current blanket I will start....I'm a full time student, PLUS I intern, PLUS I'm a server too. Oh, and I have a boyfriend (we all know how much time they take up!) So I'm limited on on my "crochet time" :( But I've been trying to sneek a row or two in during class hehe :hook

I will probably start next week, as I HAVE to have my current baby blanket done by Sunday since that's when the shower is! Haha!

Also I have to find my copy of the book...I've seemed to misplaced it! :oops

Glad to see some new folks joining:) After posting I managed to get about 3 more squares finished. Right now I'm distracted with a PK doily. I'll get back to this soon. I'll start with weaving in all the ends of my most recent squares first then do a few more.

I just came across someone through flickr who is making one just out of the Willow pattern in different colors. You can go here to see it. It's looking great.

vcyfashion

i understand your situation :)

nop this cal is to choose the squares you like to make something with them

samantha

those are amazing squares

we all love this pattern :)

what are you going to use them for?

That would be a lofty goal to make all the squares in the book! You can just use the ones you want to make an afghan, pillow or even a tote. The sc blocks would do nicely for a tote.

I'm working on a lapghan it will be approx. 50x50 inches as my squares are about 10inches. I will also add some kind of border using all the colors so that will as a few inches all around as well.

That would be a lofty goal to make all the squares in the book! You can just use the ones you want to make an afghan, pillow or even a tote. The sc blocks would do nicely for a tote.

Hmmmm I could always use another tote....LOL. That would be a lofty goal to do all the blocks!! :haha

I will have to locate my book ASAP and get some information!! I guess that's my motivation to clean...I know I'll find it if I clean hehe.

I'm working on a lapghan it will be approx. 50x50 inches as my squares are about 10inches. I will also add some kind of border using all the colors so that will as a few inches all around as well.

how did you reach 10'' big for each square?? :eek

WHAT IS YOUR YARN AND THE SIZE OF YOUR HOOK :think

Hi vcufashion! Welcome to the CAL!

Feel free to use which ever squares from the book that you want. Doing them all would be quite an ambitious project. One of the posters in this CAL actually "met" the squares from the book. If you look back in the thread, you'll find the post with a link to her blog with pictures!

q8, my squares were pretty big. They were around 8 inches square. I used worsted weight yarn (Red Heart Super Saver) and, hmmm, a G hook, if I recall correctly. The originals in the book are made with DK, which is a sport weight yarn and are smaller squares.

Dearest Hubby bought the book for me this past weekend, and I'm itching to get started making a blankie!!!!! I'm thinking traditional rainbow colors......red, blue, green, yellow......

Now I have to hurry to finish all my other WIP's, so I can devote LOTS of time to this project!!

Archived