200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

OK........here it is......better put on your sunglasses!!!! :D

BRIGHTBLANKIE3.jpg

Here's another one I put together some time ago, it's just plain grannies.

REDBLUEGREYBLANKIE3.jpg

Both are around 34" x 34".....big enough for little ones at St Jude. I was going to send the bright colored one to Fisher House, but thought better of it......I think a child would like it better.....don't you?

---------

Christi, that top one is definitely perfect for a child! Great job! (On both!)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very early in the morning here, right now. I'm on the East Coast and it's not quite 6am yet. The rest are probably sleeping... or thinking about getting out of bed!

Well I finished another one so that brings me up to 6 squares

plus the 4 little ones.

I have 2 more of the regular sized (that's regular to me :devil)

and 4 more little ones to make before I'll lay them all out and see if I like the size.

Then I need to figure out how to put the whole thing together with lining.

I have no clue yet how I'll do it.

I'm working on Willow #189 but seem to be messing up round 4...I just need to get away from distractions and concentrate on it.

It's been so cloudy that my pics really aren't coming out so the first sunny day

I'll post some.

So I thought I would post it here, in my beloved CAL.

Can't wait to see everyone's new 200 Blocks creations. I hear the book calling me, again! The call is rather vague and purposeless, though. I'll have to pick up the book and see if there are any clear messages.

Yes, I know. I'm crazy! Made crazy by crochet! And I wouldn't have it any other way! :hook

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I'm still plugging away on the edging. I'm doing the sc around in lavender right now. I *want* to do some kind of shell edging to mirror the shell block but we'll see. It means lots of counting to make sure I have the right #of stitches so I need to decide if I want to do the math or not.

Twinnish,

Wow, 1000 posts! I'm not even done with mine and I want to try making one using dk weight yarn, maybe make a few colorful baby blankets. I heard it through the grapevine that there is to be a pattern of sorts in the Spring or The Fall? Interweave Crochet using the Willow block.

q8_crochet,

Glad you are making some progress, hope we can see pics soon. I might not respond right away but I do read so I am "listening."

Ann,

Sometimes you just have to put it away and take a break.

Wow Claire...congratulations on 1000 posts. :clap

I"m not surprised that the book is calling you..answer it woman!

q8, thanks for the encouragement ...it means a lot!

Samantha....when you talk about a pattern in the Interweave Crochet, is that a magazine?

We seem to get only a few crochet magazines here and they are often so boring.

And I did finally finish the Willow block and really like the finished square...so much

that I'm thinking of tossing out a couple of blocks and adding another willow block to the design.

Last night, I nearly finished putting tassels on one side of the behemoth afghan I made for my MIL (Square Elegance, not a 200 Blocks). Sometime in the next 12 hours I hope to get the rest of it done so I can finally be finished with that yarn hog!

Then I can take a look at my book again! :D I love the Willow square, btw. I'm excited to hear that there might be a project based on it in Interweave Crochet!

Ann, take a look, here: http://www.interweavecrochet.com/

Also, I know this is posted elsewhere, but maybe you didn't see it. Berroco has a survey at its website asking people if they knit/crochet. go fill it out for the fun of it! When I did it, it said 13% were crocheters only. I know that percentage has to be higher!

Samantha, that shell edging sounds pretty. I hope you can work it out!

Hi q8! What's going on today?

Samantha was right about a project in the next Interweave Crochet magazine.

Here's a link to the supplies list for the issue, with pictures. Scroll down and see the bag made with the willow square! :clap

http://www.interweavecrochet.com/2007/Spring/materials_list.asp

That willow bag is gorgeous!

I checked out the site and even if I did subscribe to the magazine

it would start in September so I would be out of luck.

I'm hoping that some of you make this bag and I can check

it out since I already have the pattern for the willow block,

the rest is the 'putting it together'.:D

I have to thank you guys for making my first CAL so much fun!

I'm still waiting to get some sun to take pics of my blocks (it's raining right now).

How's everyone doing?

Ann, you can't get the magazine in Canada on the newstands?

Can't wait to see your bag. I'm sure it is every bit as nice as the Interweave Crochet one.

I'm still finishing up the Square Elegance beast. All that's left is tightening up the tassels and (**groan**) weaving in a few (many!) loose ends!

Okay...not the best pic but here are my 12 squares.

I don't want an overly big bag...just big enough for library books so

I think I will use just the top two row of squares...it'll probably

be big enough when I piece them together with the black yarn.

I'd like to line it in black and not sure if I will put a strip of crochet at the bottom so that it won't get dirty when I set it down.

I just realized that I can't just ignore those extra squares...so does this mean

a new project? :devil

villesquares.jpg

Check out this post here on the granny along blog, A few 200 block baby afghans. If you do a search on the blog there a few other posts referring to the book and some finished squares.

I finished edging my ghan today. I have LOTS of ends to weave in. I hate ends too. I'll share picks soon. I'm ready to make another one using dk weight yarn and mix up the squares a bit to break out of balance habit :)

Hows everyone else doing?

I'm in the Spring Purse Swap......so I've put my 200 Blocks book aside for a little while. But I got to thinking........some of the solid squares put together and felted for a purse might be REALLY neat. I seem to have been bitten by the felting bug, so that's where the design part of my brain tends to go lately.

What do y'all think?

Hi All!

I tried to post early this morning before I left for work (ssh, don't tell anyone I'm posting from work!). Had a big long reply, then did something stupid and lost the whole thing. Aarrgh!

Also Aargh: gave the beast to my MIL yesterday for her birthday (a combo Christmas/Birthday present) and forgot to take a pic. I plan to go over there next week, so I'll bring the camera (note to self:bring the camera!!!) and get a pic, possibly with the recipient.

Ann, those squares will make an awesome bag, or as they say in my neck o' the woods, a wicked pissa bag. I would need all of those squares to make a bag big enough for what I usually take out of the library. Love, love, love those colors!

Samantha, thanks for that link. Wow, a baby 'ghan in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. That would probably eat my whole paycheck. Bet it feels real nice, though. I feel your pain with the woven ends. Gotta invent a magic wand that magically makes those things disappear, magically. I wish there was a bigger selection of DK yarn. I'm probably looking for yarn in all the wrong places.

Sorry, my goofy creative juices are flowing today because I had yesterday off from work! I try to straighten up now.

Christi, I'd love to see those squares felted. Felting is on my long, long list of stuff to try.

Hi q8! Any chance we can see what you've done? How are your squares coming along?

Alas, back to work with me. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Archived